VCR-to-PC Videos?

argentina43

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2002
Hey, I have a Leadtek Winfast A250 TD GeForce 4 Ti4400. It came with the DVI-to-Monitor adapter and two blue cables. I was wondering, is there a way to connect a VCR unit to the yellow Video-In plug of one of the cables and capture the video from the VCR tape and save it as MPG/AVI/etc.??

If so, then could you please post a FULL guide becuase I am very new to this concept (if it works).

Thank you very much in advance.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
i'll just say yes you can, but i'm too lazy to do a full post

<font color=blue><b>Respect this man: <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red>
He is the one who beholds the power to "sig changing"

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
Yes, this card appears to have video in functions and that's exactly the scenario it's meant for. The DVI part is irrelevant. You should just be able to connect a cable between your VCR's video output and the video in on your card, then use some software to capture to file. If you have Windows Me or XP, it came with Movie Maker which you could use. Alternatively I'd hope the card itself came with something to capture.

Aren't there any instructions in the manual?

pekstein

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ok i have a MSI Geforce 4 TI 4400. and i am using a rca cable to connect my vcr to the adapter on the graphics card. the card came with intervideo winproducer. using this, i can watch tv on my computer. however, it has no sound and i cannot increase the screen size. (id like it to be the whole screen) does anyone know how to fix these two problems?

<i> Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries. </i>

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
however, it has no sound and i cannot increase the screen size.
You did connect your TV's sound outputs to your soundcard too didn't you? Naturally you can't get sound through a cable connected to your graphics card!

As for the screen size thing, that would be a software problem, don't know the package myself sorry... according to InterVideo's website, WinProducer is a movie making package, not simply a viewer, it probably has no full-screen option. Did it come with any other software?

pekstein

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
soundcard eh??? maybe ill check into gettting one of those! lol. i was using onboard sound.

so a soundcard would have places to plug in the audio plugs on the rca cable????

and about the screen thing, yeah i figured it was just the program. and no, the card didnt come with any other software. i installed some nvidia capture drivers and winproducer but that was it. can anyone recommend a good program to use so i can make it fullscreen?

thanks for the help

pekstein

<i> Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries. </i>