thefinal

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2004

A "simple" MF question
Doing MF in NM, Act5, 1st wp + Pindle, are there any other places (besides
Meph) that are worth harvesting ?

The PIT in act1 ? (supposed to be the best place in Hell)

My MF'er is a sorc, CL+FO, and No thx I do not like to do Meph.

TheFinal
Europe, HC Ladder

TheFinal wrote:
> A "simple" MF question
> Doing MF in NM, Act5, 1st wp + Pindle, are there any other places
> (besides Meph) that are worth harvesting ?
>
> The PIT in act1 ? (supposed to be the best place in Hell)
>
> My MF'er is a sorc, CL+FO, and No thx I do not like to do Meph.
>
> TheFinal
> Europe, HC Ladder

Well, the council can make some decent drops, and you might even try some
runs through lower Kurast and the temples, knocking off some of the bosses.

I don't remember the list, but the Pit doesn't scale way up untile Hell, if
I remember correctly, so it's probably not worth your effort.

In the Keep, I've had more luck with drops on the upper levels than I have
had with either the minions or Baal himself.

There's just nowhere near as much NM bang for the buck as there is with
Meph, in my experience.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:41:09 +0100, TheFinal wrote:

> A "simple" MF question
> Doing MF in NM, Act5, 1st wp + Pindle, are there any other places (besides
> Meph) that are worth harvesting ?
>
> The PIT in act1 ? (supposed to be the best place in Hell)
>
> My MF'er is a sorc, CL+FO, and No thx I do not like to do Meph.

I'm doing countess, andy and mephe with a sorc of the same build.
I'm only level 67 and don't feel strong enough for taking on WSK level 2 +
3 and the throne room yet.
My biggest problem is i have a barb merc and i don't tele fast enough down
to mephe and sometimes he kill dolls with his lawbringer highland blade so
i have to drink a rejuv.

--
Sonni

Hi,

"TheFinal" <TheFinal@sol.dk> wrote in

> A "simple" MF question
> Doing MF in NM, Act5, 1st wp + Pindle, are there any other places
> (besides Meph) that are worth harvesting ?

a very good place for MFing (at least for me) was Lower Kurast. Lots of
chests and other things to open. As a sorc, you could just tele around and
ignore the monsters while popping chests..

In SP, do it on /players 8 for maximum effect, on bnet go for games with
lots of players. When I recall correctly, I got a LEM and LUM rune from
chests when I MFed there..

Regards,

Oliver

My my, doesn't "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> look good in that
trenchcoat:

>Well, the council can make some decent drops, and you might even try some
>runs through lower Kurast and the temples, knocking off some of the bosses.

If memory serves correctly, NM council drops from the same max treasure class
as NM mephisto, or at least, in 1.09, they did.

They're (NM council) are an especially good source of gems, jewels and charms,
and also of runes, I've found, to a lesser degree (highest I got out of them
in 1.09 was an UM, supposedly their least likely drop in 1.09, and a couple of
KOs out of them in 1.10) When I started again from scratch in 1.09 about two
years ago, my initial outfitting of new characters was done entirely from
doing a few days of NM council runs with a barb. In 1.10, it's usually
eldritch and shenk, but that's because both seasons I started first with a
javazon, hehe.

>There's just nowhere near as much NM bang for the buck as there is with
>Meph, in my experience.

Yeah, pretty much, for a teleporting MFer, certainly, it's hard to beat drops
over time to be had from sustained teleporting act boss kills, at least for
set and unique items. Most of my quality rares have come from superunique
kills.

TRENDING THREADS