Question: TV Out Cable

Assailant

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2002
I have a Hercules GeForce 3 Ti 200 (http://www17.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q4/011218/geforce-ti-13.html). The card comes with a short cable for the TV out. Now I wonder what cable do I need to buy to get the signal out to my TV.

Thanks!

Hard decisions: Intel or AMD, Windows or Linux, BG2 or Counter-Strike, computer or women.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
well i could be wrong but i think its called an s cable

<font color=blue><b>Respect this man: <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red>
He is the one who beholds the power to "sig changing"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If it has 4 pins and a block, it's an S-Video cable. In order to use it on your TV, you either need an S-Video input, or an RCA Composite input and an S-Video to RCA Composite Video adapter.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
I've got a Hercules GeForce 2 GTS, they may have changed their cabling arrangement for the GeForce 3's but I doubt it.

On mine, the socket on the board is an s-video (or S-VHS) output. Like Crashman says that's 4 pins and a small plastic block in a circular arrangement. Just get an s-video cable and plug it directly into an s-video input on your TV.

The small cable that came with the card is an s-video to composite converter. If your TV doesn't have an s-video input, connect this to the card and then get a composite cable to go between the converter end and the TV composite input.