D-link dcs 2100+ works w/ ethernet but not wireless

I have recently purchased a D-Link dcs 2100+. With the ethernet cable
attached it works like a charm. Unfortunately I have not been able to
configure it's wireless. When I plug it into the router (zyxel 643
wireless) it receives it's address via DHCP and works fine. I've
changed the channel to the one that corresponds to the routers
default. Is there a way to know if the camera even detects the
wireless signal so I can determine if it's a problem with the signal
coming from the router or configuration? There is no encryption being
used. The router's wireless works fine with various wireless laptops.
In this scenario only the camera is connected, so it's not a conflict
of IP's or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

On 17 Jun 2004 23:45:35 -0700, cglobal25@hotmail.com (john brown) posted that:

: :: :::> I have recently purchased a D-Link dcs 2100+. With the ethernet cable
: :: :::> attached it works like a charm. Unfortunately I have not been able to
: :: :::> configure it's wireless. When I plug it into the router (zyxel 643
: :: :::> wireless) it receives it's address via DHCP and works fine. I've
: :: :::> changed the channel to the one that corresponds to the routers
: :: :::> default. Is there a way to know if the camera even detects the
: :: :::> wireless signal so I can determine if it's a problem with the signal
: :: :::> coming from the router or configuration? There is no encryption being
: :: :::> used. The router's wireless works fine with various wireless laptops.
: :: :::> In this scenario only the camera is connected, so it's not a conflict
: :: :::> of IP's or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does the light flash green in wireless mode?
You need to unplug the ethernet cable, than cycle the power to enter wireless mode.
Be sure the 'Data encryption' check box is selected if using WEP. This is not on by
default and can easily be overlooked - I had this same problem.

You want me to cheat on my taxes like the rich people do? Fred Sanford.

> Does the light flash green in wireless mode?
> You need to unplug the ethernet cable, than cycle the power to enter wireless mode.
> Be sure the 'Data encryption' check box is selected if using WEP. This is not on by
> default and can easily be overlooked - I had this same problem.

> You want me to cheat on my taxes like the rich people do? Fred Sanford.

I'll try it out. Thanks

walcott

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Hello, i have the same problem. But my camera seems to be connected to the router. Here is the pic
The camera itself blinks green. When i power it on it stays solid green but in a few seconds it starts blinking green. The native software doesn't find the router, though it does find when it is wired connection.
I indicated SSID and removed encryption from the router, wifi connection mode is b'g'n. The router is dlink dir 615 (D4). Can anyone help me please?? THANKS!

Do you have the camera's wireless security (WEP) disabled too?

Frankly, the camera is an antique as far as wireless security is concerned. It makes no sense to compromise the security of your entire network just for the sake of this camera. Instead, get a wireless ethernet bridge so you can still use wireless AND use WPA/WPA2 wireless security. And we know that will work since the camera works fine over wire.

[wireless router]<-- wireless -->[wireless ethernet bridge]<-- wire -->[ip camera]

walcott

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for your quick reply. Wireless Security is disabled at all. I also reseted the camera and didn't touch the SSID , just changed it in the router as it is in the camera.
Why do you think it;s gonna work with a bridge? If it doesn't connect to the routers it may also not connect to the bridge.. anyway i ddin't pay for this cam, i was given it for sale but was going to keep it for myself. But now im fed up with it already.. Can't imagine what is wrong there. My last hope is to try another older dlink router.

The reason the bridge is very likely to work is because any modern wireless bridge is far more likely to be compatible w/ your equally modern wireless router than the ancient wireless client of the ip camera, AND, we know the wired side of the ip camera does work and will now be connected to the bridge.

In short, we're effectively swapping out the ip camera's wireless client, while simultaneously eliminating the gaping security hole it will create in your network, even if you eventually get the ip camera’s wireless client to work.

But ultimately the decisions is yours. I just don’t trust combining old tech w/ new tech, esp. wireless which is routinely flakey even when you have all modern equipment. Here you’re introducing a wireless B/WEP device dating back nearly 10 yrs!