The silence ...

Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
successor to D2 in WoW? I still haven't played WoW (and won't play it
before January 27th, when the European version is presumablyreleased),
but seeing that former die-hard D2 players like Chainbreaker switch from
a monthly to a quarterly billing plan for WoW, that does make me think.
:) I've always wondered if there'd be a game that'd take the "torch" and
carry on the spirit of the Diablo spirit. Sacred definitely wasn't it
(they had the chance, and missed it gloriously), and there's no other
game of this type on the horizon.

I won't know for sure before end of January, but CB and I seem to like
the same games, so I have great hopes for WoW. (I pre-ordered the game
and a gametime card, so I'll play for at least three months.) I still
wish that Blizzard had developed Diablo 3 with b.net support, so that
our tight-knit community here isn't torn apart. Paint me sentimental,
but agd2 has been my best usenet experience in about fifteen usenet
years. :)

M.

keith

If i can get the game cards i will definately
get a few months to try it.Ive played MMORPGs
before although not any of the big commercial
ones except the free month on Ultima online(and
some of the Player run Shards).I get by without
a CC so i dont really want to get one unless i
have trouble getting hold of the prepaid game
cards.My fear is even if they stock a few they
might stop if not enough sell.I asked about
these cards in a shop and they said they
had tried to get the ones for Everquest and
couldnt.I live in the UK bythe way.

i was thinking the same thing this group has been dead the last week or so i
posted a message and got 1 responce and it was not a lot of help if i could
i would probly be playing WoW but there r not copies to bye so i have to
stick with D2 till then
"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
> weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
> successor to D2 in WoW? I still haven't played WoW (and won't play it
> before January 27th, when the European version is presumablyreleased),
> but seeing that former die-hard D2 players like Chainbreaker switch from
> a monthly to a quarterly billing plan for WoW, that does make me think.
> :) I've always wondered if there'd be a game that'd take the "torch" and
> carry on the spirit of the Diablo spirit. Sacred definitely wasn't it
> (they had the chance, and missed it gloriously), and there's no other
> game of this type on the horizon.
>
> I won't know for sure before end of January, but CB and I seem to like
> the same games, so I have great hopes for WoW. (I pre-ordered the game
> and a gametime card, so I'll play for at least three months.) I still
> wish that Blizzard had developed Diablo 3 with b.net support, so that
> our tight-knit community here isn't torn apart. Paint me sentimental,
> but agd2 has been my best usenet experience in about fifteen usenet
> years. :)
>
> M.

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
> weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
> successor to D2 in WoW?

I've only had the game two days but I'm enjoying it immensly. I haven't
touched D2 since receiving WoW. I hope you are able to join US servers when
you get the game.

cheers,
Stu.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
> weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
> successor to D2 in WoW? I still haven't played WoW (and won't play it
> before January 27th, when the European version is presumablyreleased),
> but seeing that former die-hard D2 players like Chainbreaker switch
> from a monthly to a quarterly billing plan for WoW, that does make me
> think. :) I've always wondered if there'd be a game that'd take the
> "torch" and carry on the spirit of the Diablo spirit. Sacred
> definitely wasn't it (they had the chance, and missed it gloriously),
> and there's no other game of this type on the horizon.
>
> I won't know for sure before end of January, but CB and I seem to like
> the same games, so I have great hopes for WoW. (I pre-ordered the game
> and a gametime card, so I'll play for at least three months.) I still
> wish that Blizzard had developed Diablo 3 with b.net support, so that
> our tight-knit community here isn't torn apart. Paint me sentimental,
> but agd2 has been my best usenet experience in about fifteen usenet
> years. :)
>
> M.

I think WoW just might be it. The more I play the more I want to play.
Last night I was having in-game slobberings like I haven't experienced since
my early D2 bnet days.

WoW just draws you in--or does me, anyway. I can maybe see how somebody
max-leveled a character as quickly as they did, but I can't understand why
anybody would want to. They couldn't possibly have experienced a tenth of
what's in the game. I was sidetracked for hours yesterday, just
exploring--not really doing anything toward leveling, other than you do get
a few experience points each time you discover a new place.

And one thing that's really to like is that most people seem more than
willing to team up for specific quests, then wish each other well after
completing it, then move on their separate ways. What I've experienced is
as much like a "real" fantasy world (if that makes any sense at all) as I
could imagine.

Heh, I think I might even be able toget into the PvP aspects a little. It's
really fascinating to be in some of the Horde/Alliance border regions. :)

I think alt.games.warcraft is pretty much wide open for WoW discussions, so
I think from now on I'm going to be confining most of my comments in those
regards to either there, or sissypig rpg.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

Charleh

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

I've been in the Euro CB for the last 3 months.

This game is beautiful. Definately a D2 replacement, hands down.

I'm taking a break now however, I've played far too much and I don't want to
wear it out before the retail release :)

hi everybody btw!

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
> weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
> successor to D2 in WoW? I still haven't played WoW (and won't play it
> before January 27th, when the European version is presumablyreleased),
> but seeing that former die-hard D2 players like Chainbreaker switch from
> a monthly to a quarterly billing plan for WoW, that does make me think.
> :) I've always wondered if there'd be a game that'd take the "torch" and
> carry on the spirit of the Diablo spirit. Sacred definitely wasn't it
> (they had the chance, and missed it gloriously), and there's no other
> game of this type on the horizon.
>
> I won't know for sure before end of January, but CB and I seem to like
> the same games, so I have great hopes for WoW. (I pre-ordered the game
> and a gametime card, so I'll play for at least three months.) I still
> wish that Blizzard had developed Diablo 3 with b.net support, so that
> our tight-knit community here isn't torn apart. Paint me sentimental,
> but agd2 has been my best usenet experience in about fifteen usenet
> years. :)
>
> M.

doesn't seem any more quiet than normal. Hey, I'll have you know that the
Warcraft group doesn't get 1/3 the amount of daily posts that this 5 year
old game does and that game is brand spanking new and hot. I think we're
spoiled on how active this group really is.

Regardless, I'm telling you that WoW is damn addictive. I'm spending about
90% of my gaming time with it and I have to say I have a plethora of new
gaming titles I could enjoy if they were better than WoW.

Anex......Explodeazon, agd2 will live on forever *echo* FOREVER FOREever
Foreever...forever....

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps I've just been refreshing this newsgroup too frequently this
> weekend, but the group seems unusually quiet. Did we finally find a
> successor to D2 in WoW? I still haven't played WoW (and won't play it
> before January 27th, when the European version is presumablyreleased), but
> seeing that former die-hard D2 players like Chainbreaker switch from a
> monthly to a quarterly billing plan for WoW, that does make me think. :)
> I've always wondered if there'd be a game that'd take the "torch" and
> carry on the spirit of the Diablo spirit. Sacred definitely wasn't it
> (they had the chance, and missed it gloriously), and there's no other game
> of this type on the horizon.
>
> I won't know for sure before end of January, but CB and I seem to like the
> same games, so I have great hopes for WoW. (I pre-ordered the game and a
> gametime card, so I'll play for at least three months.) I still wish that
> Blizzard had developed Diablo 3 with b.net support, so that our tight-knit
> community here isn't torn apart. Paint me sentimental, but agd2 has been
> my best usenet experience in about fifteen usenet years. :)
>
> M.

I am also waiting end of January for my copy...
For what I have seen it seems it will rock :)) I am looking forward to it.

Umbi

*umbi