How will Nextel pull this off?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 24, 2005 5:16:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Looks like the FCC has approved schedules for reorganizing the 800Mhz
band, which affects Nextel, to avoid interference with public saftey bands.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05...

Interestingly, the "first wave" of transitions is expected to start as
soon as June 27, 2005. How the hell is this going to be pulled off so
quickly? I imagine equipment swaps are going to be needed, both at the
end user level as well as the bas station level. Yikes.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

More about : nextel pull

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:13:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Reprogramming in most cases is all that is required.

Nextel had a plan a long time ago.

!