How will Nextel pull this off?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Looks like the FCC has approved schedules for reorganizing the 800Mhz
band, which affects Nextel, to avoid interference with public saftey bands.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05-619A1.pdf

Interestingly, the "first wave" of transitions is expected to start as
soon as June 27, 2005. How the hell is this going to be pulled off so
quickly? I imagine equipment swaps are going to be needed, both at the
end user level as well as the bas station level. Yikes.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
More about nextel pull

    Reprogramming in most cases is all that is required.

    Nextel had a plan a long time ago.

    "Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
    | Looks like the FCC has approved schedules for reorganizing the
    800Mhz
    | band, which affects Nextel, to avoid interference with public saftey
    bands.

    | http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-05-619A1.pdf
    |
    | Interestingly, the "first wave" of transitions is expected to start
    as
    | soon as June 27, 2005. How the hell is this going to be pulled off
    so
    | quickly? I imagine equipment swaps are going to be needed, both at
    the
    | end user level as well as the bas station level. Yikes.
    |

    | --
    | E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    | Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.

Nextel Email Internet Service Providers