Tal Rasha's Tomb ?

Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except the
Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
thanks
33 answers Last reply
More about rasha tomb

    Kingston wrote:
    > Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except the
    > Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
    > thanks

    Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are
    6 false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane
    sanctuary you will know the symbol for the true tomb.

    Kingston wrote:
    > Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere
    > except the Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
    > thanks

    Well, that's where it is. You get there by defeating the False Summoner in
    the Arcane Sanctuary, reading Horazon's Journal, then using the portal to
    the Canyon that opens. You'll be given the symbol to the "real" tomb.

    Since you've "been everywhere" I'm assuming that you at least have the
    portal to the Arcane Sanctuary.

    --
    chainbreaker

    If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
    net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

    "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Kingston wrote:
    > > Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere
    > > except the Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
    > > thanks
    >

    > Well, that's where it is. You get there by defeating the False Summoner
    in
    > the Arcane Sanctuary, reading Horazon's Journal, then using the portal to
    > the Canyon that opens. You'll be given the symbol to the "real" tomb.
    >
    > Since you've "been everywhere" I'm assuming that you at least have the
    > portal to the Arcane Sanctuary.

    Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
    Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it STILL
    won't let me in the damn palace.

    short - I hate that Act

    short wrote:

    > Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
    > Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it STILL
    > won't let me in the damn palace.

    In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)

    Koile

    Koile wrote:
    > short wrote:
    >
    >> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
    >> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
    >> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
    >
    > In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
    >
    > Koile

    I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
    get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.

    If that's a joke, I don't get it.
    --

    chainbreaker wrote:

    >>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
    >>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
    >>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
    >>
    >> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)

    > I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
    > get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.

    > If that's a joke, I don't get it.

    No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.

    After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be able
    to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you talked to
    Atma.

    Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb after
    you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.

    At least I found no other way. Did you?

    Koile

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:10:09 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >Koile wrote:
    >> short wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
    >>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
    >>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
    >>
    >> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
    >>
    >> Koile
    >
    >I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
    >get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
    >
    >If that's a joke, I don't get it.

    The joke is you can get to act 3 w/o talking to Tyrael or even going
    into the chamber...

    Koile wrote:

    > No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
    >
    > After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be able
    > to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you talked to
    > Atma.
    >
    > Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb after
    > you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
    >
    > At least I found no other way. Did you?
    >
    > Koile

    Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.

    Franklin Bratcher wrote:
    > Koile wrote:
    >
    >> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
    >>
    >> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
    >> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
    >> talked to Atma.
    >>
    >> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
    >> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
    >>
    >> At least I found no other way. Did you?
    >>
    >> Koile
    >>

    > Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.

    On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and Meshif--no
    one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.

    --
    chainbreaker

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Koile wrote:

    >>> I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through
    >>> A2 and get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
    >>
    >>> If that's a joke, I don't get it.
    >>
    >> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
    >>
    >> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
    >> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
    >> talked to Atma.
    >>
    >> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
    >> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
    >>
    >> At least I found no other way. Did you?
    >
    > I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
    > Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.

    I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
    to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
    and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
    Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
    a little chat with her ;-)

    So what's your trick?

    Koile

    Koile wrote:

    > So what's your trick?

    There's no trick. It just works without speaking to her. Haven't needed
    to do that myself, either.

    M.

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:55:01 +0100, Michael Vondung
    <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Koile wrote:
    >
    >> So what's your trick?
    >
    >There's no trick. It just works without speaking to her. Haven't needed
    >to do that myself, either.
    >
    >M.

    I believe that Koile somehow mistook Atma for Drognan. The guy who
    sells Sceptres and Staves. If you don't talk to him, then Jerhyn
    sometimes doesn't come out and you can't take Allies' TP to Arcane,
    Canyon or Tombs.

    Alan
    --
    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
    USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

    "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
    > Kingston wrote:
    >> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except
    >> the
    >> Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
    >> thanks
    >>

    > Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are 6
    > false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary
    > you will know the symbol for the true tomb.

    Press Q what the symbol is. If it is not show, take the WP to the Canyon of
    the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.

    --
    Bezoek het Diablo II Forum Nederlands: http://www.diablo2forum.nl/index.php
    Bezoek het World of Warcraft Forum Nederlands:

    "Hans Kamp" <info@hanskamp.com> schreef in bericht
    > "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
    >> Kingston wrote:
    >>> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except
    >>> the
    >>> Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
    >>> thanks
    >>>

    >> Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are 6
    >> false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary
    >> you will know the symbol for the true tomb.
    >
    > Press Q what the symbol is. If it is not show, take the WP to the Canyon
    > of the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.

    Somewhat gibberish. I meant the following:

    Press Q to see what the symbol is. If it is not shown, take the WP to the
    Canyon of the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.

    --
    Bezoek het Diablo II Forum Nederlands: http://www.diablo2forum.nl/index.php
    Bezoek het World of Warcraft Forum Nederlands:
    http://www.wowforum.nl/index.php

    I think it was Koile <koile.usenet@gmail.com> that wrote something
    like...

    >~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Koile wrote:

    >>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
    >>>
    >>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
    >>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
    >>> talked to Atma.
    >>>
    >>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
    >>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
    >>>
    >>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
    >>
    >> I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
    >> Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.
    >
    >I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
    >to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
    >and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
    >Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
    >a little chat with her ;-)
    >
    >So what's your trick?
    >
    >Koile

    The trick is that someone hast to talk to Drognan after the viper
    altar has been kicked and *BEFORE* _anyone_ enters the Arcanne
    Sanctuary. If the rusher enters the arcanne sanctuary before someone
    talks to Drognan, the guards won't let you in the palace.
    Possibly if they enter and leave the arcanne sanctuary before the
    viper altar is kicked, it might still be okay, but then again, maybe
    not.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    chainbreaker wrote:

    > Franklin Bratcher wrote:
    >> Koile wrote:
    >>
    >>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
    >>>
    >>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
    >>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
    >>> talked to Atma.

    >>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
    >>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
    >>>
    >>> At least I found no other way. Did you?

    >> Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.

    > On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and
    > Meshif--no one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.

    May my click order is wrong or something else.
    1. My Bnet-buddy and I have killed the Summoner.
    2. Entered the red portal and search the tomb
    3. I need mana and go to town
    4. When I want to go back, I cannot enter my buddys TP.

    I havn't tested this for a while because I allways talk to Atma
    after the Summoner quest.

    On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
    to, to complete all quests.
    Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.

    Koile

    Window 1 done
    Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
    Window 3 done
    Window 4 Find H. Journal
    Window 5 done
    Window 6 Find Tomb
    I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
    I'm stuck

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
    wrote:

    >Window 1 done
    >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
    >Window 3 done
    >Window 4 Find H. Journal
    >Window 5 done
    >Window 6 Find Tomb
    >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
    >I'm stuck

    After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
    pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
    appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
    Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
    the Summoner one more time.

    Alan
    --
    USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
    USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

    I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
    journal?

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:10 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
    wrote:

    >"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Window 1 done
    >> >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
    >> >Window 3 done
    >> >Window 4 Find H. Journal
    >> >Window 5 done
    >> >Window 6 Find Tomb
    >> >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
    >> >I'm stuck
    >> >

    >> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
    >> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
    >> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
    >> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
    >> the Summoner one more time.
    >>
    >> Alan
    >

    >I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
    >journal?

    I just had a thought. Where is this Summoner that you supposedly
    killed twice located? Is he the one in Arcane Sanctuary? If so, then
    on the same square platform that he is standing on, there will be a
    podium/stand/upright thingamajiggy that you can activate. This will
    activate the red portal.

    Only reason I ask is that I thought that the "Window 4 Find H.
    Journal" quest would change to "Kill Summoner" at some point.

    Alan
    --

    Kingston wrote:
    > I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the
    > Horazon's journal?

    Once you kill the summoner, simply click on the journal on the stand that's
    there. It looks a lot like the one you click in Act 1 that tells you about
    the Countess. The portal will open.

    --
    chainbreaker

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:03 -0800, Alan Ladd
    <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:10 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
    >>> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
    >>> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
    >>> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
    >>> the Summoner one more time.
    >>>
    >>> Alan
    >>

    >>I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
    >>journal?
    >
    >I just had a thought. Where is this Summoner that you supposedly
    >killed twice located? Is he the one in Arcane Sanctuary? If so, then
    >on the same square platform that he is standing on, there will be a
    >podium/stand/upright thingamajiggy that you can activate. This will
    >activate the red portal.
    >
    >Only reason I ask is that I thought that the "Window 4 Find H.
    >Journal" quest would change to "Kill Summoner" at some point.

    Nope. Kill Summoner opens up window 5 in the Quest journal.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    Kingston wrote:
    > Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
    has
    > appeared.

    The podium doesn't "appear" it's just there. Three of the paths in the
    Arcane Sanctuary are the wrong paths. Once you find the one the
    Summoner is on, the quest window will change to "Kill Summoner" if you
    never see this, you haven't killed the summoner. You are killing
    something you only think is the summoner, which I have no idea what
    that could be. Once you kill him you click on the little book on the
    platform he was hanging out at then red portal opens up.

    And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that
    > portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take the staff
    to Tal
    > Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to Tal Rasha's
    Tomb.

    How do you have the WP to Canyon of the Magi without ever going through
    the Red portal in the Arcane Sanctuary?

    Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium has
    appeared. And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that

    Kingston wrote:
    > Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
    > has appeared. And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I
    > need that portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take
    > the staff to Tal Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to
    > Tal Rasha's Tomb.

    The podium with the journal doesn't "appear", it's just there. The only
    thing I can imagine is that you're somewhere other than you're supposed to
    be, or where we think you are, but I can' imagine where.

    This "summoner" you've killed is in the Arcane Sanctuary, right?

    And he attacks you with glacial spike (I guess that's what it is) and
    firewalls, right?

    And he's in a little gazebo-like structure faced with two curved stairways,
    right?

    Maybe this walkthrough http://www.rpgexpert.com/2609.html will help.
    --
    chainbreaker

    The only WP I don't have is the Canyon of the Magi. Yes, when I meet the
    Summoner the quest window does change to "Kill Summoner" and I do. But I
    have looked all around the gazebo and there is nothing. Would it have
    something to do with converting my character to LOD half way through the
    game?
    "Mike" <mykbuckley@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Kingston wrote:
    > > Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
    > has
    > > appeared.
    >
    > The podium doesn't "appear" it's just there. Three of the paths in the
    > Arcane Sanctuary are the wrong paths. Once you find the one the
    > Summoner is on, the quest window will change to "Kill Summoner" if you
    > never see this, you haven't killed the summoner. You are killing
    > something you only think is the summoner, which I have no idea what
    > that could be. Once you kill him you click on the little book on the
    > platform he was hanging out at then red portal opens up.
    >

    > And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that
    > > portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take the staff
    > to Tal
    > > Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to Tal Rasha's
    > Tomb.
    > >

    > How do you have the WP to Canyon of the Magi without ever going through
    > the Red portal in the Arcane Sanctuary?

    This famous platform these folk are all talking about also has strange symbols
    located in mid air. Each of these symbols represents one of the symbols on each
    of tal rasha's tombs but dont let this confuse you. Have you seen these (i
    think 7) strange symbols i'm talking about?

    i couldn't care less if i tried, and i will...

    kinquartzhc

    also, here's a pic:

    http://www.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/superuniques/summoner.jpg

    that open book you see is horazons journal, it is at the beginning closed and
    once you read it, it opens and the portal appears taking you to the canyon of
    the magi.

    i couldn't care less if i tried, and i will...

    kinquartzhc

    I have an Amazon, she's at Act5. I remember when she killed the Summoner
    that portal opened and I saw those symbols in the air. But when I my Paladin
    kills him that portal does not appear. I will kill him again and take a
    screen shot. It seems to me that there is a bug in the program.

    Kingston wrote:
    > I have an Amazon, she's at Act5. I remember when she killed the Summoner
    > that portal opened and I saw those symbols in the air. But when I my Paladin
    > kills him that portal does not appear. I will kill him again and take a
    > screen shot. It seems to me that there is a bug in the program.

    On Battlenet, it may depend on who made the game. If the maker of the
    game already killed the summoner in another game, the quest cannot be
    completed so i guess the portal won't appear.

    "Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > I think it was Koile <koile.usenet@gmail.com> that wrote something
    > like...
    >
    > >~misfit~ wrote:

    > >> I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
    > >> Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.
    > >
    > >I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
    > >to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
    > >and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
    > >Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
    > >a little chat with her ;-)
    > >
    > >So what's your trick?
    > >
    > >Koile
    >
    > The trick is that someone hast to talk to Drognan after the viper
    > altar has been kicked and *BEFORE* _anyone_ enters the Arcanne
    > Sanctuary. If the rusher enters the arcanne sanctuary before someone
    > talks to Drognan, the guards won't let you in the palace.
    > Possibly if they enter and leave the arcanne sanctuary before the
    > viper altar is kicked, it might still be okay, but then again, maybe
    > not.

    Is that how that works?
    Why didn't someone tell me that, so I could talk and THEN go repair? That's
    the best D2 thing I've learned in awhile.

    short

    "Koile" <koile.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > chainbreaker wrote:
    >
    > > Franklin Bratcher wrote:

    > >> Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.
    >
    > > On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and
    > > Meshif--no one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.
    >
    > May my click order is wrong or something else.
    > 1. My Bnet-buddy and I have killed the Summoner.
    > 2. Entered the red portal and search the tomb
    > 3. I need mana and go to town
    > 4. When I want to go back, I cannot enter my buddys TP.
    >
    > I havn't tested this for a while because I allways talk to Atma
    > after the Summoner quest.
    >
    > On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
    > to, to complete all quests.
    > Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.

    Now, are you referring to the person that is in the Tavern? Or the person
    that sells staves n potions n things?

    short

    short wrote:

    >> On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
    >> to, to complete all quests.
    >> Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.

    > Now, are you referring to the person that is in the Tavern? Or the person
    > that sells staves n potions n things?

    I mean widow which sells beer and gives the first quest.

    Koile

Games Video Games