Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Tal Rasha's Tomb ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 21, 2004 1:40:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except the
Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
thanks

More about : tal rasha tomb

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 1:51:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except the
> Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
> thanks
>
>
Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are
6 false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane
sanctuary you will know the symbol for the true tomb.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 1:59:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere
> except the Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
> thanks


Well, that's where it is. You get there by defeating the False Summoner in
the Arcane Sanctuary, reading Horazon's Journal, then using the portal to
the Canyon that opens. You'll be given the symbol to the "real" tomb.

Since you've "been everywhere" I'm assuming that you at least have the
portal to the Arcane Sanctuary.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 2:28:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:cq9ha901s1e@news2.newsguy.com...
> Kingston wrote:
> > Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere
> > except the Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
> > thanks
>
>
> Well, that's where it is. You get there by defeating the False Summoner
in
> the Arcane Sanctuary, reading Horazon's Journal, then using the portal to
> the Canyon that opens. You'll be given the symbol to the "real" tomb.
>
> Since you've "been everywhere" I'm assuming that you at least have the
> portal to the Arcane Sanctuary.
>

Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it STILL
won't let me in the damn palace.


short - I hate that Act
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 8:36:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

short wrote:

> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it STILL
> won't let me in the damn palace.

In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)

Koile
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 8:36:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Koile wrote:
> short wrote:
>
>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
>
> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
>
> Koile

I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.

If that's a joke, I don't get it.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 11:18:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

chainbreaker wrote:

>>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
>>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
>>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
>>
>> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)

> I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
> get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.

> If that's a joke, I don't get it.

No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.

After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be able
to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you talked to
Atma.

Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb after
you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.

At least I found no other way. Did you?

Koile
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:18:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:10:09 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>Koile wrote:
>> short wrote:
>>
>>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
>>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
>>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
>>
>> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
>>
>> Koile
>
>I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through A2 and
>get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
>
>If that's a joke, I don't get it.

The joke is you can get to act 3 w/o talking to Tyrael or even going
into the chamber...

....
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:10:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Koile wrote:

> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
>
> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be able
> to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you talked to
> Atma.
>
> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb after
> you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
>
> At least I found no other way. Did you?
>
> Koile
>

Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:10:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Franklin Bratcher wrote:
> Koile wrote:
>
>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
>>
>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
>> talked to Atma.
>>
>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
>>
>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
>>
>> Koile
>>
>
> Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.

On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and Meshif--no
one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:50:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

~misfit~ wrote:

> Koile wrote:
>> chainbreaker wrote:
>>
>>>>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
>>>>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
>>>>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
>>>>
>>>> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
>>
>>> I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through
>>> A2 and get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
>>
>>> If that's a joke, I don't get it.
>>
>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
>>
>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
>> talked to Atma.
>>
>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
>>
>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
>
> I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
> Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.

I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
a little chat with her ;-)

So what's your trick?

Koile
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 7:55:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Koile wrote:

> So what's your trick?

There's no trick. It just works without speaking to her. Haven't needed
to do that myself, either.

M.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 7:55:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:55:01 +0100, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>Koile wrote:
>
>> So what's your trick?
>
>There's no trick. It just works without speaking to her. Haven't needed
>to do that myself, either.
>
>M.

I believe that Koile somehow mistook Atma for Drognan. The guy who
sells Sceptres and Staves. If you don't talk to him, then Jerhyn
sometimes doesn't come out and you can't take Allies' TP to Arcane,
Canyon or Tombs.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 10:12:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
news:i86dnfUHdqLi21XcRVn-vA@adelphia.com...
> Kingston wrote:
>> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except
>> the
>> Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
>> thanks
>>
>>
> Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are 6
> false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary
> you will know the symbol for the true tomb.

Press Q what the symbol is. If it is not show, take the WP to the Canyon of
the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.

--
Bezoek het Diablo II Forum Nederlands: http://www.diablo2forum.nl/index.php
Bezoek het World of Warcraft Forum Nederlands:
http://www.wowforum.nl/index.php
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 10:14:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Hans Kamp" <info@hanskamp.com> schreef in bericht
news:cqb38f$ens$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...
> "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
> news:i86dnfUHdqLi21XcRVn-vA@adelphia.com...
>> Kingston wrote:
>>> Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere except
>>> the
>>> Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
>>> thanks
>>>
>>>
>> Guess what! The canyon of the magi is where you need to go. There are 6
>> false tombs. After you have killed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary
>> you will know the symbol for the true tomb.
>
> Press Q what the symbol is. If it is not show, take the WP to the Canyon
> of the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.


Somewhat gibberish. I meant the following:

Press Q to see what the symbol is. If it is not shown, take the WP to the
Canyon of the Magi, and the symbol is shown after pressing Q.

--
Bezoek het Diablo II Forum Nederlands: http://www.diablo2forum.nl/index.php
Bezoek het World of Warcraft Forum Nederlands:
http://www.wowforum.nl/index.php
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 2:01:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I think it was Koile <koile.usenet@gmail.com> that wrote something
like...

>~misfit~ wrote:
>
>> Koile wrote:
>>> chainbreaker wrote:
>>>
>>>>>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
>>>>>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
>>>>>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
>>>>>
>>>>> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
>>>
>>>> I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through
>>>> A2 and get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
>>>
>>>> If that's a joke, I don't get it.
>>>
>>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
>>>
>>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
>>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
>>> talked to Atma.
>>>
>>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
>>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
>>>
>>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
>>
>> I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
>> Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.
>
>I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
>to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
>and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
>Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
>a little chat with her ;-)
>
>So what's your trick?
>
>Koile

The trick is that someone hast to talk to Drognan after the viper
altar has been kicked and *BEFORE* _anyone_ enters the Arcanne
Sanctuary. If the rusher enters the arcanne sanctuary before someone
talks to Drognan, the guards won't let you in the palace.
Possibly if they enter and leave the arcanne sanctuary before the
viper altar is kicked, it might still be okay, but then again, maybe
not.

Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:12:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

chainbreaker wrote:

> Franklin Bratcher wrote:
>> Koile wrote:
>>
>>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
>>>
>>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
>>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
>>> talked to Atma.

>>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
>>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
>>>
>>> At least I found no other way. Did you?

>> Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.

> On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and
> Meshif--no one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.

May my click order is wrong or something else.
1. My Bnet-buddy and I have killed the Summoner.
2. Entered the red portal and search the tomb
3. I need mana and go to town
4. When I want to go back, I cannot enter my buddys TP.

I havn't tested this for a while because I allways talk to Atma
after the Summoner quest.

On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
to, to complete all quests.
Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.

Koile
December 23, 2004 1:29:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Window 1 done
Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
Window 3 done
Window 4 Find H. Journal
Window 5 done
Window 6 Find Tomb
I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
I'm stuck

"chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:cq9ha901s1e@news2.newsguy.com...
> Kingston wrote:
> > Where can I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (Act 2). I have been everywhere
> > except the Canyon of the Magic. SP, LOD.
> > thanks
>
>
> Well, that's where it is. You get there by defeating the False Summoner
in
> the Arcane Sanctuary, reading Horazon's Journal, then using the portal to
> the Canyon that opens. You'll be given the symbol to the "real" tomb.
>
> Since you've "been everywhere" I'm assuming that you at least have the
> portal to the Arcane Sanctuary.
>
> --
> chainbreaker
>
> If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
> net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
>
>
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:29:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
wrote:

>Window 1 done
>Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
>Window 3 done
>Window 4 Find H. Journal
>Window 5 done
>Window 6 Find Tomb
>I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
>I'm stuck
>

After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
the Summoner one more time.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
December 23, 2004 2:53:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
journal?
"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p 9gks09ssei3j5olp4cavcv4ukker32mvr@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Window 1 done
> >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
> >Window 3 done
> >Window 4 Find H. Journal
> >Window 5 done
> >Window 6 Find Tomb
> >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
> >I'm stuck
> >
>
> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
> the Summoner one more time.
>
> Alan
> --
> USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
> USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:53:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:10 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
wrote:

>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:p 9gks09ssei3j5olp4cavcv4ukker32mvr@4ax.com...
>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Window 1 done
>> >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
>> >Window 3 done
>> >Window 4 Find H. Journal
>> >Window 5 done
>> >Window 6 Find Tomb
>> >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
>> >I'm stuck
>> >
>>
>> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
>> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
>> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
>> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
>> the Summoner one more time.
>>
>> Alan
>

>I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
>journal?

I just had a thought. Where is this Summoner that you supposedly
killed twice located? Is he the one in Arcane Sanctuary? If so, then
on the same square platform that he is standing on, there will be a
podium/stand/upright thingamajiggy that you can activate. This will
activate the red portal.

Only reason I ask is that I thought that the "Window 4 Find H.
Journal" quest would change to "Kill Summoner" at some point.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:06:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the
> Horazon's journal?

Once you kill the summoner, simply click on the journal on the stand that's
there. It looks a lot like the one you click in Act 1 that tells you about
the Countess. The portal will open.

--
chainbreaker
December 23, 2004 6:31:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:03 -0800, Alan Ladd
<OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:10 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:p 9gks09ssei3j5olp4cavcv4ukker32mvr@4ax.com...
>>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> >Window 1 done
>>> >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
>>> >Window 3 done
>>> >Window 4 Find H. Journal
>>> >Window 5 done
>>> >Window 6 Find Tomb
>>> >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
>>> >I'm stuck
>>> >
>>>
>>> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
>>> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
>>> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
>>> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
>>> the Summoner one more time.
>>>
>>> Alan
>>
>
>>I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the Horazon's
>>journal?
>
>I just had a thought. Where is this Summoner that you supposedly
>killed twice located? Is he the one in Arcane Sanctuary? If so, then
>on the same square platform that he is standing on, there will be a
>podium/stand/upright thingamajiggy that you can activate. This will
>activate the red portal.
>
>Only reason I ask is that I thought that the "Window 4 Find H.
>Journal" quest would change to "Kill Summoner" at some point.

Nope. Kill Summoner opens up window 5 in the Quest journal.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
December 24, 2004 10:10:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
has
> appeared.

The podium doesn't "appear" it's just there. Three of the paths in the
Arcane Sanctuary are the wrong paths. Once you find the one the
Summoner is on, the quest window will change to "Kill Summoner" if you
never see this, you haven't killed the summoner. You are killing
something you only think is the summoner, which I have no idea what
that could be. Once you kill him you click on the little book on the
platform he was hanging out at then red portal opens up.


And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that
> portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take the staff
to Tal
> Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to Tal Rasha's
Tomb.
>

How do you have the WP to Canyon of the Magi without ever going through
the Red portal in the Arcane Sanctuary?
December 24, 2004 11:18:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium has
appeared. And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that
portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take the staff to Tal
Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to Tal Rasha's Tomb.

"Kaos" <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in message
news:rlhms09s3jdj4lk701kp49q5vj51l4s7pa@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:03 -0800, Alan Ladd
> <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:53:10 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>"Alan Ladd" <OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>news:p 9gks09ssei3j5olp4cavcv4ukker32mvr@4ax.com...
> >>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:29:21 -0500, "Kingston" <jlowen@kingston.net>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> >Window 1 done
> >>> >Window 2 take Staff into Tomb
> >>> >Window 3 done
> >>> >Window 4 Find H. Journal
> >>> >Window 5 done
> >>> >Window 6 Find Tomb
> >>> >I went back and killed the Summoner again and there was no portal.
> >>> >I'm stuck
> >>> >
> >>>
> >>> After you kill the Summoner, there is a podium with a book on that
> >>> pedestal that he is on. If you click on the book, a red portal will
> >>> appear. Take that portal to transport you to the Canyon of the Magi.
> >>> Make sure you activate the waypoint there so you won't have to kill
> >>> the Summoner one more time.
> >>>
> >>> Alan
> >>
> >
> >>I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium. Do I need the
Horazon's
> >>journal?
> >
> >I just had a thought. Where is this Summoner that you supposedly
> >killed twice located? Is he the one in Arcane Sanctuary? If so, then
> >on the same square platform that he is standing on, there will be a
> >podium/stand/upright thingamajiggy that you can activate. This will
> >activate the red portal.
> >
> >Only reason I ask is that I thought that the "Window 4 Find H.
> >Journal" quest would change to "Kill Summoner" at some point.
>
> Nope. Kill Summoner opens up window 5 in the Quest journal.
>
> --
> Address no longer works.
> try removing all numbers from
> gafgirl1@2allstream3.net
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 12:56:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
> has appeared. And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I
> need that portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take
> the staff to Tal Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to
> Tal Rasha's Tomb.
>

The podium with the journal doesn't "appear", it's just there. The only
thing I can imagine is that you're somewhere other than you're supposed to
be, or where we think you are, but I can' imagine where.

This "summoner" you've killed is in the Arcane Sanctuary, right?

And he attacks you with glacial spike (I guess that's what it is) and
firewalls, right?

And he's in a little gazebo-like structure faced with two curved stairways,
right?

Maybe this walkthrough http://www.rpgexpert.com/2609.html will help.
--
chainbreaker
December 24, 2004 2:07:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

The only WP I don't have is the Canyon of the Magi. Yes, when I meet the
Summoner the quest window does change to "Kill Summoner" and I do. But I
have looked all around the gazebo and there is nothing. Would it have
something to do with converting my character to LOD half way through the
game?
"Mike" <mykbuckley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1103901049.988548.277290@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> Kingston wrote:
> > Like I have said, I have killed the Summoner twice now, and no podium
> has
> > appeared.
>
> The podium doesn't "appear" it's just there. Three of the paths in the
> Arcane Sanctuary are the wrong paths. Once you find the one the
> Summoner is on, the quest window will change to "Kill Summoner" if you
> never see this, you haven't killed the summoner. You are killing
> something you only think is the summoner, which I have no idea what
> that could be. Once you kill him you click on the little book on the
> platform he was hanging out at then red portal opens up.
>
>
> And window 4 stills reads "Find Horazon's journal". I need that
> > portal in Arcane Sanctuary to open so I can at least take the staff
> to Tal
> > Rasha's Tomb, as window 2 still reads, Take staff to Tal Rasha's
> Tomb.
> >
>
> How do you have the WP to Canyon of the Magi without ever going through
> the Red portal in the Arcane Sanctuary?
>
December 24, 2004 8:56:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

This famous platform these folk are all talking about also has strange symbols
located in mid air. Each of these symbols represents one of the symbols on each
of tal rasha's tombs but dont let this confuse you. Have you seen these (i
think 7) strange symbols i'm talking about?

---------------------------------------------------------
i couldn't care less if i tried, and i will...

kinquartzhc
December 24, 2004 9:00:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

also, here's a pic:

http://www.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/s...

that open book you see is horazons journal, it is at the beginning closed and
once you read it, it opens and the portal appears taking you to the canyon of
the magi.

---------------------------------------------------------
i couldn't care less if i tried, and i will...

kinquartzhc
December 25, 2004 1:21:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I have an Amazon, she's at Act5. I remember when she killed the Summoner
that portal opened and I saw those symbols in the air. But when I my Paladin
kills him that portal does not appear. I will kill him again and take a
screen shot. It seems to me that there is a bug in the program.
"DaN" <newdring@aol.comdotwhat> wrote in message
news:20041224125607.11907.00002007@mb-m16.aol.com...
> This famous platform these folk are all talking about also has strange
symbols
> located in mid air. Each of these symbols represents one of the symbols on
each
> of tal rasha's tombs but dont let this confuse you. Have you seen these (i
> think 7) strange symbols i'm talking about?
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------
> i couldn't care less if i tried, and i will...
>
> kinquartzhc
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 12:55:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Kingston wrote:
> I have an Amazon, she's at Act5. I remember when she killed the Summoner
> that portal opened and I saw those symbols in the air. But when I my Paladin
> kills him that portal does not appear. I will kill him again and take a
> screen shot. It seems to me that there is a bug in the program.

On Battlenet, it may depend on who made the game. If the maker of the
game already killed the summoner in another game, the quest cannot be
completed so i guess the portal won't appear.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:39:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:41c9536d.31203515@news.individual.net...
> I think it was Koile <koile.usenet@gmail.com> that wrote something
> like...
>
> >~misfit~ wrote:
> >
> >> Koile wrote:
> >>> chainbreaker wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>>> Hehe, and put the staff together, and talked to Drognan and
> >>>>>> Cain...........half the time I complete the necessary steps and it
> >>>>>> STILL won't let me in the damn palace.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> In that act, Atma is the NCP you have to talk to ;-)
> >>>
> >>>> I never did it, but if I'm thinking correctly, you could go through
> >>>> A2 and get to A3 without ever talking to Atma.
> >>>
> >>>> If that's a joke, I don't get it.
> >>>
> >>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
> >>>
> >>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
> >>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
> >>> talked to Atma.
> >>>
> >>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
> >>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
> >>>
> >>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
> >>
> >> I've rushed through act 2 without ever talking to Atma. Have to talk to
> >> Cain and Jehryn but not Atma.
> >
> >I never managed to "rush" act 2 without talking Atma. I wasn't able
> >to take the rushers TP, so I had to walk the long way through the palace
> >and the long long way from the WP to Duriel.
> >Because of this, I found Atma a very important NCP and I allways have
> >a little chat with her ;-)
> >
> >So what's your trick?
> >
> >Koile
>
> The trick is that someone hast to talk to Drognan after the viper
> altar has been kicked and *BEFORE* _anyone_ enters the Arcanne
> Sanctuary. If the rusher enters the arcanne sanctuary before someone
> talks to Drognan, the guards won't let you in the palace.
> Possibly if they enter and leave the arcanne sanctuary before the
> viper altar is kicked, it might still be okay, but then again, maybe
> not.
>
Is that how that works?
Why didn't someone tell me that, so I could talk and THEN go repair? That's
the best D2 thing I've learned in awhile.


short
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:40:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Koile" <koile.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:32t6ktF3q2cj1U1@individual.net...
> chainbreaker wrote:
>
> > Franklin Bratcher wrote:
> >> Koile wrote:
> >>
> >>> No joke. Atma finishes the important quests.
> >>>
> >>> After you turned on the light and got the viper amu, you will not be
> >>> able to enter a TP to the Arcanne your ally opened for you until you
> >>> talked to Atma.
>
> >>> Same story with the tomb. You cannot enter your allys TP to the tomb
> >>> after you killed the Summoner before you talked to Atma.
> >>>
> >>> At least I found no other way. Did you?
>
> >> Actually you talk to Cain.... or possibly Drognan, but not Atma.
>
> > On Normal level, you "have" to talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn, and
> > Meshif--no one else--to advance "normally" to Act 3.
>
> May my click order is wrong or something else.
> 1. My Bnet-buddy and I have killed the Summoner.
> 2. Entered the red portal and search the tomb
> 3. I need mana and go to town
> 4. When I want to go back, I cannot enter my buddys TP.
>
> I havn't tested this for a while because I allways talk to Atma
> after the Summoner quest.
>
> On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
> to, to complete all quests.
> Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.
>
>
Now, are you referring to the person that is in the Tavern? Or the person
that sells staves n potions n things?


short
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 2:28:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

short wrote:


>> On Abnormal level (mule rushing), Atma is the only NCP one have to talk
>> to, to complete all quests.
>> Just at the end Jerhyn and Meshif is needed for the ticked to Act3.

> Now, are you referring to the person that is in the Tavern? Or the person
> that sells staves n potions n things?

I mean widow which sells beer and gives the first quest.

Koile
!