Joe

Boo Hoo Hoo! :)

I found out the hard way even after asking here!
I figure it doesn t work on "cloth" armor I guess.

I was going to try it on an archon but both my archon gave me 4
sockets and not 3.

I recently found an eth boneweave but that would only be good for a
merc now.

And I had worked so hard for those runes...I dont know about these
guys with Lo and Ber coming out of their ying yangs but i find all my
runes the hard way and the best I've found so far was 2 Ist which are
sitting very nicely in my Hammerdin's AliBaba.

I had to scrape all my pgems to get a Pul and then an other Pul from a
NM Hellforge etc etc

Luckily as Justice struck a nice UM fell in an NM Baal run today.

Enough ranting but just to say that there is a nice Dusk Shroud which
ruined 3 decent runes plus the Hel I am going to need to unsocket it.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:06:22 +0800, Joe <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au>
wrote:

>Boo Hoo Hoo! :)
>
>I found out the hard way even after asking here!
>I figure it doesn t work on "cloth" armor I guess.
>
>I was going to try it on an archon but both my archon gave me 4
>sockets and not 3.
>
>I recently found an eth boneweave but that would only be good for a
>merc now.
>
>And I had worked so hard for those runes...I dont know about these
>guys with Lo and Ber coming out of their ying yangs but i find all my
>runes the hard way and the best I've found so far was 2 Ist which are
>sitting very nicely in my Hammerdin's AliBaba.
>
>I had to scrape all my pgems to get a Pul and then an other Pul from a
>NM Hellforge etc etc
>
>Luckily as Justice struck a nice UM fell in an NM Baal run today.
>
>Enough ranting but just to say that there is a nice Dusk Shroud which
>ruined 3 decent runes plus the Hel I am going to need to unsocket it.

Just for clarification:

Are you playing on Battlenet?
Did the Dusk Shroud have 3 and only 3 sockets?
Did you put the Shael, Um and Thul in that particular order?
I'm not sure about this but Duress might be a ladder only recipe?

Last but not least, why would you want to use a Hel rune and unsocket
it? Even if it is not a runeword, the mods on the individual runes in
that armor is good enough to keep them in there. A 3 socket dusk
shroud is a lot easier to come by than an armor with those mods. Just
my 2 cents worth.

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC

Joe

Obviously got my recipe wrong because I Took it from diabloii.net

instead of Arreat Summit

You live you learn

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:19:10 -0800, Alan Ladd
<OnlyALadd68@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:06:22 +0800, Joe <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au>
>wrote:
>
>>Boo Hoo Hoo! :)
>>
>>I found out the hard way even after asking here!
>>I figure it doesn t work on "cloth" armor I guess.
>>
>>I was going to try it on an archon but both my archon gave me 4
>>sockets and not 3.
>>
>>I recently found an eth boneweave but that would only be good for a
>>merc now.
>>
>>And I had worked so hard for those runes...I dont know about these
>>guys with Lo and Ber coming out of their ying yangs but i find all my
>>runes the hard way and the best I've found so far was 2 Ist which are
>>sitting very nicely in my Hammerdin's AliBaba.
>>
>>I had to scrape all my pgems to get a Pul and then an other Pul from a
>>NM Hellforge etc etc
>>
>>Luckily as Justice struck a nice UM fell in an NM Baal run today.
>>
>>Enough ranting but just to say that there is a nice Dusk Shroud which
>>ruined 3 decent runes plus the Hel I am going to need to unsocket it.
>
>Just for clarification:
>
>Are you playing on Battlenet?
>Did the Dusk Shroud have 3 and only 3 sockets?
>Did you put the Shael, Um and Thul in that particular order?
>I'm not sure about this but Duress might be a ladder only recipe?
>
>Last but not least, why would you want to use a Hel rune and unsocket
>it? Even if it is not a runeword, the mods on the individual runes in
>that armor is good enough to keep them in there. A 3 socket dusk
>shroud is a lot easier to come by than an armor with those mods. Just
>my 2 cents worth.
>
>Alan

> Obviously got my recipe wrong because I Took it from diabloii.net

Never believe anything you read on diabloii.net. They have a history not
only of being very inaccurate, but also posting information based on
completely unfounded rumors, which has proved later to be not just
inaccurate but outright bullshit. The Arreat Summit is pretty much the
authoritative source, as it's actually run by Blizzard employees. It's had
errors every now and then, but they're usually quickly corrected.

Darrel Hoffman - Lvl 27+2 Game Guru
(The only source of info worse than diabloii.net is the Brady Games
"official" guide that comes in the battle-chest.)

phil <google@donotcall.cjb.net> wrote:

> Duress works both on the ladder and off it. It doesn't work in
> single-player mode, however.

and other tips to a neophyte runeworder:

The armor must be GRAY - mods that turn the armor blue or yellow can not
be runeworded.

The runes must be put in the correct order (the order listed on Arreat)

Repair the item before placing the runes - it is usually MUCH more
expensive to fix afterwards.

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw> and realizing that it's a
small world after all, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> said:

>phil wrote:
>> Duress works both on the ladder and off it. It doesn't work in
>> single-player mode, however.
>
>According to:
>
>http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
>
>Duress is listed as a "Realm only" word and will not work in SP or open
>battlenet.

Unless you're playing a mod that has it.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002