GF4 Ti4600 on a low-end system

Corwen

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2002
Currently I have a AMD K6-2 500 mhz 64mb ram with a no-name graphics card in it. Time for an update huh?

Well this month I've been saving and now I've got about enough to buy a GF4 Ti4600. Saving up for the rest is gonna take another six months, so I was thinking of buying the GF4 now.

The question is, will it actually work on my current system? Will the proc/rams hold back on performance to an extent i would not notice any difference?

If only...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Corwen on 07/14/02 10:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I don't think that is advised. IMO maybe you should consider upgrading your computer first and get a decent video card. Your talking six months before you get the rest of the stuff, by then the Gf4 will be about half of what it is now. You could always get a slower one and over clock it. It's your choice to do what ever you want though. So if your mobo has an AGP slot, u have a 300watt or better P/S, and your case can hold a rghly 8 in video card then I don't see why it won't work, but I doubt to it's fullest potential.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?