Blackberry 7520 Feedback

It always seems that you hear more negative than positive and I believe it's
because those that have complaints tend to be more verbal.

Hopefully some of you who have the 7520 will provide constructive criticism
on the unit. It's selling for about $149. right now and I'm contemplating
moving from a i730 and an HP iPaq to a Blackberry 7520.

I'm excited about it's ability to poll my email accounts and pull it
together and push it to my RIM.

I've heard the battery needs to be recharged almost daily, but no one has
discussed if that is the regular battery or extended life and hey, I charge
my phone daily as it is.

I'm very curious if you are someone who moved from a Pocket PC type device
to the BB RIM. What are your thoughts.

Thanks in advance....Mike Callery
8 answers Last reply
More about blackberry 7520 feedback
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I have limited experience with a few different types of blackberrys,
    including nextel. they are very usefull for a specific need. It is
    great having the PDA functionality in your phone but you end up with a
    very large phone. One thing that helps that situation with the 7520 is
    that it does have bluetooth so you could get a wireless headset which
    helps. they problem with blackberrys is the $50/month service in
    addtion to your monthly voice service. if that is not a problem for
    you that I highly recommed it. they are very easy to use after about 5
    mins of looking around and the full keyboard is extremely usefull.

    --
    1badss
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Hi Mike,
    It's EMAIL, EMAIL and EMAIL. If email is important to you, then go for it.
    7520. Very useful tool.

    --
    www.econnectny.com
    "1badss" <1badss.1mgahy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > I have limited experience with a few different types of blackberrys,
    > including nextel. they are very usefull for a specific need. It is
    > great having the PDA functionality in your phone but you end up with a
    > very large phone. One thing that helps that situation with the 7520 is
    > that it does have bluetooth so you could get a wireless headset which
    > helps. they problem with blackberrys is the $50/month service in
    > addtion to your monthly voice service. if that is not a problem for
    > you that I highly recommed it. they are very easy to use after about 5
    > mins of looking around and the full keyboard is extremely usefull.
    >

    > --
    > 1badss

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    In my experience with the 7510 I found it to be the worst phone I ever
    owned. It broke down twice in a mere four months, both warranty repairs that
    should have been free to repair but Nextel charged me $35 each time to fix.
    Of course they tried to sell me the insurance claiming that if I bought it
    then all the repairs would be free. The repairs should be free since they
    fall under the one year warranty and if I have to pay for insurance to get
    warranty service then it's not free. My recommendation, stay away from
    nextel. I thought paying $120 per month for my black berry would have given
    me some kind of extra professional service but it turned out that was the
    exact opposite. If you have an issue and need to call customer service you
    can't call 24/7. Once they find out you have a Blackberry they tell you that
    you have to call between 8 am and 10 pm, Monday to Friday and speak to
    Blackberry support. No support on weekends or at night.

    Limited service, poorly built device and pay extra money = not worth it to
    me. I bought a Samsung i500 through Sprint and added their vision plan for
    $10, now I have everything I got with the Nextel (email AND interent access)
    and still am paying less than $70 per month with a 500 minute plan (fine, no
    free incoming but wo cares, I'm saving more than $50). Nextel was charging
    me $120 with tax and everything. Plus the i500 is a Palm enabled device so a
    lot of apps are available for free, not so with the Blackberries. Apps are
    expensive for those because they're java apps and there aren't many out
    there. The Palm platform has more than 17,000 apps last I heard.

    "1badss" <1badss.1mgahy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > I have limited experience with a few different types of blackberrys,
    > including nextel. they are very usefull for a specific need. It is
    > great having the PDA functionality in your phone but you end up with a
    > very large phone. One thing that helps that situation with the 7520 is
    > that it does have bluetooth so you could get a wireless headset which
    > helps. they problem with blackberrys is the $50/month service in
    > addtion to your monthly voice service. if that is not a problem for
    > you that I highly recommed it. they are very easy to use after about 5
    > mins of looking around and the full keyboard is extremely usefull.
    >

    > --
    > 1badss

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Mike,

    I had a i730 from nextel and have a Dell Axim 50v. I gave up the i730 for
    the blackberry 7520. I wish I would have done it sooner. I use my pda for
    documents and such. Also as my mp3 player.

    Hope that helps

    Ron
    "Mike Callery" <mikecallery@cox.net> wrote in message
    > It always seems that you hear more negative than positive and I believe
    > it's because those that have complaints tend to be more verbal.
    >
    > Hopefully some of you who have the 7520 will provide constructive
    > criticism on the unit. It's selling for about $149. right now and I'm
    > contemplating moving from a i730 and an HP iPaq to a Blackberry 7520.
    >
    > I'm excited about it's ability to poll my email accounts and pull it
    > together and push it to my RIM.
    >
    > I've heard the battery needs to be recharged almost daily, but no one has
    > discussed if that is the regular battery or extended life and hey, I
    > charge my phone daily as it is.
    >
    > I'm very curious if you are someone who moved from a Pocket PC type device
    > to the BB RIM. What are your thoughts.
    >
    > Thanks in advance....Mike Callery

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Since when will a 7520 play MP3s?

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:48:39 GMT, "Gallon Family"
    <gallonfmly@verizon.net> wrote:

    >Mike,
    >
    >I had a i730 from nextel and have a Dell Axim 50v. I gave up the i730 for
    >the blackberry 7520. I wish I would have done it sooner. I use my pda for
    >documents and such. Also as my mp3 player.
    >
    >Hope that helps
    >
    >Ron
    >"Mike Callery" <mikecallery@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> It always seems that you hear more negative than positive and I believe
    >> it's because those that have complaints tend to be more verbal.
    >>
    >> Hopefully some of you who have the 7520 will provide constructive
    >> criticism on the unit. It's selling for about $149. right now and I'm
    >> contemplating moving from a i730 and an HP iPaq to a Blackberry 7520.
    >>
    >> I'm excited about it's ability to poll my email accounts and pull it
    >> together and push it to my RIM.
    >>
    >> I've heard the battery needs to be recharged almost daily, but no one has
    >> discussed if that is the regular battery or extended life and hey, I
    >> charge my phone daily as it is.
    >>
    >> I'm very curious if you are someone who moved from a Pocket PC type device
    >> to the BB RIM. What are your thoughts.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance....Mike Callery

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Where did you read that the 7520 play MP3s? Read my post again. And get it
    right.
    -Ron
    "Tex2" <TexasRanger@TheRanch.com> wrote in message
    > Since when will a 7520 play MP3s?
    >
    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:48:39 GMT, "Gallon Family"
    > <gallonfmly@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Mike,
    >>
    >>I had a i730 from nextel and have a Dell Axim 50v. I gave up the i730 for
    >>the blackberry 7520. I wish I would have done it sooner. I use my pda
    >>for
    >>documents and such. Also as my mp3 player.
    >>
    >>Hope that helps
    >>
    >>Ron
    >>"Mike Callery" <mikecallery@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> It always seems that you hear more negative than positive and I believe
    >>> it's because those that have complaints tend to be more verbal.
    >>>
    >>> Hopefully some of you who have the 7520 will provide constructive
    >>> criticism on the unit. It's selling for about $149. right now and I'm
    >>> contemplating moving from a i730 and an HP iPaq to a Blackberry 7520.
    >>>
    >>> I'm excited about it's ability to poll my email accounts and pull it
    >>> together and push it to my RIM.
    >>>
    >>> I've heard the battery needs to be recharged almost daily, but no one
    >>> has
    >>> discussed if that is the regular battery or extended life and hey, I
    >>> charge my phone daily as it is.
    >>>
    >>> I'm very curious if you are someone who moved from a Pocket PC type
    >>> device
    >>> to the BB RIM. What are your thoughts.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance....Mike Callery

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    The blackberry really plays MP3's?

    --
    krime5
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    not as ringtones, there is a possibility that with the addition of a
    separate program that you could listen to mp3 from the blackberry.

    --
    1badss

Nextel BlackBerry Internet Service Providers