Dungeon Siege

I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?

keith

I like the idea of skills increasing the more you use them but
thats all i like about it and maybe the scenery.The thing
with DS is it feels good to play for so long but play it too long
and it feels like time wasted as you realise how monotunous it is
and yet addictive.

sidekick wrote:
> I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?
Thanks for the input. I kinda like it so far.

Nope played it with expansion in just a 24 hours and I did a lot of
exploring at the start of the game.
Maybe you like games like it, so I just say, give it a try. Maybe you beat
my timer :)

~misfit~ wrote:
> sidekick wrote:
>
>>sidekick wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?
>>
>>Thanks for the input. I kinda like it so far.
>

> I got it when it came out (I won it in a competition) and played it quite a
> bit. It's good for a few hundred hours I figure before it becomes too
> monotonous. Mind you, I only played single player.
>
> Also, I bought the Legends of Arana Expansion pack for it. Don't. It's a bit
> different but isn't up to much and is very short. The only reason to buy it
> would be if you didn't have the original as, much to my surprise, the
> expansion includes the complete original and sells for half of what the
> original cost. Also, if you play on Windows XP, Microsoft have set up a
> self-promotion stunt and there's a free, downloadable mini-campaign that is
> Win XP only. I guess they're trying everything they can to get people away
> from Win 98 etc.
> --
> ~misfit~

Is that "mini-campaign" listed on the microsoft wed site under downloads?

"sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?

My biggest issue with dungeon siege was that only 2 spells could be
hotkeyed.
What was going on in their heads when they made that decision? The mind
boggles.

Supposedly you're supposed to swap spellbooks in and out during combat, or
use menus.
Anyway its completely unplayable as a caster.

Diablo is a far far superior game, with the exception of the graphics.

sidekick <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote:

>sidekick wrote:
>> I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?
>Thanks for the input. I kinda like it so far.

I liked it. Also, Divine Divinity is a really good game that has a
little in common with both D2 and Dungeon Siege. So you might check
that out later too if you have not already played it.

weretable and the undead chairs wrote:
> sidekick <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>sidekick wrote:
>>
>>>I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?
>>
>>Thanks for the input. I kinda like it so far.
>

> I liked it. Also, Divine Divinity is a really good game that has a
> little in common with both D2 and Dungeon Siege. So you might check
> that out later too if you have not already played it.
I havent seen that one on the shelves...but I'll start looking

Sacred, Neverwinter Nights, and Dungeon Siege are the games I am using to
wean myself off of my Diablo 2 addiction. so far NWN is the best followed
by sacred, then DS

On that special day, weretable and the undead chairs,
(weretable@were.diningroom) said...

> Divine Divinity is a really good game that has a
> little in common with both D2 and Dungeon Siege. So you might check
> that out later too if you have not already played

I'd rather say, it is a cross-over of D2 and Ultima, which the
developers were fond of. There is no specific party though, although
persons may join in for a short period, to complete a quest. So your
hero has to do all the stuff him/herself.

One hint: When improving skills, don't choose the wizard skills. Wait
until you get to the market place, and buy magic books, to obtain these
skills. That frees some skills to distribute them elsewhere.

Some other skills can be obtained by other means, once or twice, too,
like trading, lockpick etc. You'll have to talk to people and make them
give you a task (or just play the thing they do, until the end) so that
they will give a skill as a reward.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

As with many other games, some Mods are around that take care of those
issues. Like there is a MOD that makes the spells a pull down list so you
can switch at will.

I recommend the lightsaber mod. Makes the game a little different and more
enjoyable. There are some MODs that add lots of items etc.

It does get monotonous after a while. So does Sacred...

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
> "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?
>
> My biggest issue with dungeon siege was that only 2 spells could be
> hotkeyed.
> What was going on in their heads when they made that decision? The mind
> boggles.
>
> Supposedly you're supposed to swap spellbooks in and out during combat, or
> use menus.
> Anyway its completely unplayable as a caster.
>
> Diablo is a far far superior game, with the exception of the graphics.

Forgot to mention - I THINK Divine Divinity also comes with the sequel
Beyond Divinity. I don't remember for sure. If so, that is the best
deal, although the sequel is inferior to the original game. Amazon,
Best Buy and other places carry Beyond Divinity for $19.99 these days,
dunno about eBay.

ME

24 hours? damn...I played that game for 3 weeks, and it didnt seem like it
was too far into the game..go figure..
"D.Jaffe" <fb063031@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Nope played it with expansion in just a 24 hours and I did a lot of
> exploring at the start of the game.
> Maybe you like games like it, so I just say, give it a try. Maybe you beat
> my timer :)
>
> "sidekick" <sidekick39@adelphia.net> schreef in bericht
> > I just bought dungeon siege. Is it almost as good as the big D?

ME

didnt care much for NWN.....Elder scrolls 3 was cool though