Horadric Cube Questions

Hi all!

I know that you can use the Horadric Cube to change 3 rings into 1 amulet
and 3 amulets into 1 ring.

I´m currently at level 28, and as far as I can see on battle.net the formula
goes something like this:
ilvl = int(.75 * clvl), where ilvl=item level, and clvl=charachter level.
That gives me this : item level = int (.75 * 28 )
This should give me a ring/amulet of any level up to 21. Is this correct?

Now... My question is... Should I combine them in any specific way? Or
doesn´t it matter what rings/amulets I put together? Should I combine
rings/amulets with higher levels/quality together, or is the effect the same
as using items of mixed quality?

I have saved these things until now, would they give something special if i
transmute them?

Rings:
NoLevel - 1 to maximum damage
NoLevel - 1 to maximum damage
Level 2 - 1 to mana after each kill
Level 2 - 1 to mana after each kill
Level 2 - 5 to mana
Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
Level 4 - 10 to mana, 36% extra gold from monsters
Level 4 - 12 to attack, 1 to light radius
Level 5 - 7 to mana, magic damage reduced by 1
Level 5 - Damage reduced by 1
Level 6 - 1 to life
Level 6 - 1 to maximum damage, 19 to maximum stamina
Level 6 - 47 to attack, 28% extra gold from monsters
Level 6 - 48 to attack rating
Level 7 - Half freeze duration
Level 13 - Lightning restist 28%
Level 12 - 20 to life, replenish life 6
Level 12 - Magic damage reduced by 2

Amulets:
NoLevel - 10 to attack, lightning resistance 5%, 1 to light radius
Level 2 - 1 to maximum damage, 3 to mana
Level 5 - 9 to mana, damage reduced by 1
Level 6 - 12% damage goes to mana
Level 6 - 1 to strength, all resistances 7
Level 8 - 4 to dexterity
Level 9 - 9 to energy
Level 9 - 6 to energy, poison resistance 18%

Well... what a mess! Hope someone has a good answer for me!

And finally.... It´s nice to see such an active newsgroup for my all-time
favourite game!!

Best regards,
Bjarke

<snip>

Basically, from what I understand, it's pretty much luck of the draw on
transmuting rings and ammies.

If anything, I would combine the lower level items together first, and save
the higher lvl items to combine together.

Good luck on the transmuting! Let us know if anything sweet comes out of
it.

Also, something you may want to consider is researching crafting rings/
ammies. I know for a fact that the item lvl of ingrediants does make a
difference in crafting.

"Bjarke Mønsted" <bjarke@eventworkers.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> I know that you can use the Horadric Cube to change 3 rings into 1 amulet
> and 3 amulets into 1 ring.
>
> I´m currently at level 28, and as far as I can see on battle.net the
formula
> goes something like this:
> ilvl = int(.75 * clvl), where ilvl=item level, and clvl=charachter level.
> That gives me this : item level = int (.75 * 28 )
> This should give me a ring/amulet of any level up to 21. Is this correct?
>
> Now... My question is... Should I combine them in any specific way? Or
> doesn´t it matter what rings/amulets I put together? Should I combine
> rings/amulets with higher levels/quality together, or is the effect the
same
> as using items of mixed quality?
>
> I have saved these things until now, would they give something special if
> transmute them?
>
> Rings:
> NoLevel - 1 to maximum damage
> NoLevel - 1 to maximum damage
> Level 2 - 1 to mana after each kill
> Level 2 - 1 to mana after each kill
> Level 2 - 5 to mana
> Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
> Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
> Level 3 - 10% faster cast rate
> Level 4 - 10 to mana, 36% extra gold from monsters
> Level 4 - 12 to attack, 1 to light radius
> Level 5 - 7 to mana, magic damage reduced by 1
> Level 5 - Damage reduced by 1
> Level 6 - 1 to life
> Level 6 - 1 to maximum damage, 19 to maximum stamina
> Level 6 - 47 to attack, 28% extra gold from monsters
> Level 6 - 48 to attack rating
> Level 7 - Half freeze duration
> Level 13 - Lightning restist 28%
> Level 12 - 20 to life, replenish life 6
> Level 12 - Magic damage reduced by 2
>
> Amulets:
> NoLevel - 10 to attack, lightning resistance 5%, 1 to light radius
> Level 2 - 1 to maximum damage, 3 to mana
> Level 5 - 9 to mana, damage reduced by 1
> Level 6 - 12% damage goes to mana
> Level 6 - 1 to strength, all resistances 7
> Level 8 - 4 to dexterity
> Level 9 - 9 to energy
> Level 9 - 6 to energy, poison resistance 18%
>
> Well... what a mess! Hope someone has a good answer for me!
>
> And finally.... It´s nice to see such an active newsgroup for my all-time
> favourite game!!

Dont forget there is also the 3 pgem reroll recipe for blue items as well.
With that initial item lvl also makes a difference. Using that low lvl chars
can reroll high lvl items and they are then a percentage of their intial
item lvl.