Shadow Master question(s)

What level spells does she cast?
The level I raise her at?
The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
SM)
I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
put more points into the traps I like?
Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
could not find this exact question.
I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
reckoned with so far.
--
Don't Panic!
7 answers Last reply

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
    > What level spells does she cast?
    > The level I raise her at?
    > The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put
    into
    > SM)
    > I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the
    whole
    > MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
    > If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items
    > may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
    > skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back
    and
    > put more points into the traps I like?
    > Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
    > at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
    > Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it
    but
    > could not find this exact question.
    > I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
    > lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and
    venom
    > and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to
    be
    > reckoned with so far.

    From what I have read, the SM works at her lvl/2 so if you cast it at lvl
    20, the SM casts at lvl 10. For my BF assassin with lvl 30 SM it casts
    everything at lvl 15 and is fairly effective.

    Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
    wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

    On the basis of this, I ignored the standard advice of just getting the SM
    to lvl 17 or so, since then the DS would be lvl 8 not the lvl 15 she gets.

    Be aware that in 15 months of playing I have only seen the SM use BF twice,
    so it not a skill that the ai likes using. With all the MB and DS that she
    casts she handles most of the crowd control and with a lvl 15 fade she is
    able to tank fairly well also.

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, "john graesser" wrote:

    >> Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
    >> wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

    Shadow Warrior uses gear equal to mine, but Shadow Master gets her own
    gear.

    >> On the basis of this, I ignored the standard advice of just getting the SM
    >> to lvl 17 or so, since then the DS would be lvl 8 not the lvl 15 she gets.

    Lvl 17 (including skill plusses) is so she gets rare
    ammy/armor/weapons/etc.

    >> Be aware that in 15 months of playing I have only seen the SM use BF twice,
    >> so it not a skill that the ai likes using.

    My experience is identical here; SM/SW don't use blade fury much at all.

    --

    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    ArtDent wrote:
    > What level spells does she cast?
    > The level I raise her at?
    > The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
    > SM)
    > I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
    > MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
    > If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
    > may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
    > skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
    > put more points into the traps I like?
    > Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
    > at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
    > Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
    > could not find this exact question.
    > I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
    > lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
    > and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
    > reckoned with so far.
    I found a site that had all the stats, but I can't find it at the
    momoent, inhave to go to work...
    Ill post it for ya later today.
    A 17lvl SM spawns with rare equipment, and can cast all spells but
    summononing a Shadow...

    ChristoMephisto

    On 4-Jan-2005, "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote:

    > From what I have read, the SM works at her lvl/2 so if you cast it at lvl
    > 20, the SM casts at lvl 10. For my BF assassin with lvl 30 SM it casts
    > everything at lvl 15 and is fairly effective.
    >
    > Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
    > wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

    Does that mean, if I raise her at level ten, and have +5 to all skills in/on
    my equipment, that she will be casting level ten spells?
    Basically what I am asking is if +skills on my equipment affects her also.
    btw, thanks for your original response.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    ArtDent wrote:
    > What level spells does she cast?
    > The level I raise her at?
    > The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
    > SM)
    > I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
    > MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
    > If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
    > may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
    > skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
    > put more points into the traps I like?
    > Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
    > at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
    > Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
    > could not find this exact question.
    > I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
    > lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
    > and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
    > reckoned with so far.

    I couldn't find the site where i got this from, but i do have it printed
    out, so here we go...
    SWarrior: get all their skills at lvl1
    Mag. Blade Talon L. hand
    Mag. Cestus r. hand
    Mag. version of ur owns armor's base (eg if you wore a Spitit Shroud,
    they would spawn with a mag. version of Ghost Shroud)
    Mag. version of your own helmet's base item.

    Lvl1 SMaster
    Superior Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
    Superior Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
    Superior version of your own armor's base item

    Lvl5 SMaster
    Superior Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets

    Lvl6 SMaster
    Mag. version of your own armor's base item
    Mag. version of your own helmet's base item
    Mag. Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
    Mag. Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
    Mag. Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

    Lvl9 SMaster
    Mag. r. ring

    Lvl11 SMaster
    Rare version of your own armor's base item
    Rare version of your own helmet's base item
    Rare r. ring
    Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
    Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
    Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

    Lvl13 SMaster
    Rare l. ring

    Lvl17 SMaster
    Rare ammy

    So, maxxed out, the SMaster will spawn with
    Rare version of your own armor's base item
    Rare version of your own helmet's base item
    Rare r. ring
    Rare l. ring
    Rare ammy
    Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
    Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
    Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

    The lvl of equipment a Shadow will spawn with is 24+3/lvl of Shadow at
    time of casting.
    Note:Both SW and SM dont spawn with belts, boots, and sheilds at any lvl.

    So there you go. If anyone know the site I got this from, please post it
    as there is a great deal of more FAQs about the Assassin.

    ChristoMephisto

    ChristoMephisto wrote:
> [...]
    > Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
    >
    > Lvl13 SMaster
    > Rare l. ring
    >
    > Lvl17 SMaster
    > Rare ammy
    >
    > So, maxxed out, the SMaster will spawn with
    > Rare version of your own armor's base item
    > Rare version of your own helmet's base item
    > Rare r. ring
    > Rare l. ring
    > Rare ammy
    > Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
    > Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
    > Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
    >
    > The lvl of equipment a Shadow will spawn with is 24+3/lvl of Shadow at
    > time of casting.
    > Note:Both SW and SM dont spawn with belts, boots, and sheilds at any lvl.
    >

    > So there you go. If anyone know the site I got this from, please post it
    > as there is a great deal of more FAQs about the Assassin.

    Damn, i found the site...and i spent all that time typing it out...

    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=538

    ChristoMephisto

    On 5-Jan-2005, ChristoMephisto <Frogger@roadkill.com> wrote:

    > Damn, i found the site...and i spent all that time typing it out...
    >
    > http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=538
    >
    > ChristoMephisto

    Thank you! For the typing and the site.
    --