Shadow Master question(s)

What level spells does she cast?
The level I raise her at?
The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
SM)
I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
put more points into the traps I like?
Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
could not find this exact question.
I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
reckoned with so far.
--
Don't Panic!

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
> What level spells does she cast?
> The level I raise her at?
> The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put
into
> SM)
> I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the
whole
> MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
> If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items
> may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
> skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back
and
> put more points into the traps I like?
> Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
> at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
> Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it
but
> could not find this exact question.
> I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
> lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and
venom
> and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to
be
> reckoned with so far.

From what I have read, the SM works at her lvl/2 so if you cast it at lvl
20, the SM casts at lvl 10. For my BF assassin with lvl 30 SM it casts
everything at lvl 15 and is fairly effective.

Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

On the basis of this, I ignored the standard advice of just getting the SM
to lvl 17 or so, since then the DS would be lvl 8 not the lvl 15 she gets.

Be aware that in 15 months of playing I have only seen the SM use BF twice,
so it not a skill that the ai likes using. With all the MB and DS that she
casts she handles most of the crowd control and with a lvl 15 fade she is
able to tank fairly well also.

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, "john graesser" wrote:

>> Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
>> wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

Shadow Warrior uses gear equal to mine, but Shadow Master gets her own
gear.

>> On the basis of this, I ignored the standard advice of just getting the SM
>> to lvl 17 or so, since then the DS would be lvl 8 not the lvl 15 she gets.

Lvl 17 (including skill plusses) is so she gets rare
ammy/armor/weapons/etc.

>> Be aware that in 15 months of playing I have only seen the SM use BF twice,
>> so it not a skill that the ai likes using.

My experience is identical here; SM/SW don't use blade fury much at all.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

ArtDent wrote:
> What level spells does she cast?
> The level I raise her at?
> The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
> SM)
> I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
> MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
> If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
> may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
> skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
> put more points into the traps I like?
> Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
> at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
> Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
> could not find this exact question.
> I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
> lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
> and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
> reckoned with so far.
I found a site that had all the stats, but I can't find it at the
momoent, inhave to go to work...
Ill post it for ya later today.
A 17lvl SM spawns with rare equipment, and can cast all spells but
summononing a Shadow...

ChristoMephisto

On 4-Jan-2005, "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote:

> From what I have read, the SM works at her lvl/2 so if you cast it at lvl
> 20, the SM casts at lvl 10. For my BF assassin with lvl 30 SM it casts
> everything at lvl 15 and is fairly effective.
>
> Be aware that the SM also uses your equipment as the basis of what she
> wears, the better your equipment, the better hers is.

Does that mean, if I raise her at level ten, and have +5 to all skills in/on
my equipment, that she will be casting level ten spells?
Basically what I am asking is if +skills on my equipment affects her also.
btw, thanks for your original response.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:
> What level spells does she cast?
> The level I raise her at?
> The level she is at before +skill items? (actual number of points I put into
> SM)
> I notice that she can cast spells I have not put any points into (the whole
> MA tree), so it can not be that she casts spells at the level _I_ have.
> If it is indeed the level that I raise her at (including any +skill items I
> may have)(or, even if it is the number of points I actually put into her
> skill) I presume I should be pumping her up to the max and then go back and
> put more points into the traps I like?
> Thank you for any and all replies, even if they are silly and not helpful,
> at least I will know that I am not being ignored completely.
> Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I tried to look for it but
> could not find this exact question.
> I am really starting to like this little throwassasin I am playing with
> lately. Some nice rare francisca's (sp?) with replenish quantity and venom
> and Clegaw's gloves (for the slowdown and knockback) make her a force to be
> reckoned with so far.

I couldn't find the site where i got this from, but i do have it printed
out, so here we go...
SWarrior: get all their skills at lvl1
Mag. Blade Talon L. hand
Mag. Cestus r. hand
Mag. version of ur owns armor's base (eg if you wore a Spitit Shroud,
they would spawn with a mag. version of Ghost Shroud)
Mag. version of your own helmet's base item.

Lvl1 SMaster
Superior Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
Superior Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
Superior version of your own armor's base item

Lvl5 SMaster
Superior Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets

Lvl6 SMaster
Mag. version of your own armor's base item
Mag. version of your own helmet's base item
Mag. Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
Mag. Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
Mag. Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

Lvl9 SMaster
Mag. r. ring

Lvl11 SMaster
Rare version of your own armor's base item
Rare version of your own helmet's base item
Rare r. ring
Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

Lvl13 SMaster
Rare l. ring

Lvl17 SMaster
Rare ammy

So, maxxed out, the SMaster will spawn with
Rare version of your own armor's base item
Rare version of your own helmet's base item
Rare r. ring
Rare l. ring
Rare ammy
Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand

The lvl of equipment a Shadow will spawn with is 24+3/lvl of Shadow at
time of casting.
Note:Both SW and SM dont spawn with belts, boots, and sheilds at any lvl.

So there you go. If anyone know the site I got this from, please post it
as there is a great deal of more FAQs about the Assassin.

ChristoMephisto

ChristoMephisto wrote:
> [...]
> Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
>
> Lvl13 SMaster
> Rare l. ring
>
> Lvl17 SMaster
> Rare ammy
>
> So, maxxed out, the SMaster will spawn with
> Rare version of your own armor's base item
> Rare version of your own helmet's base item
> Rare r. ring
> Rare l. ring
> Rare ammy
> Rare Bramble Mitts/Vambraces/Ogre Gauntlets
> Rare Suwayyah/War Fist/Scissors Suwayyah r. hand
> Rare Battle Cestus/Runic Talon l. hand
>
> The lvl of equipment a Shadow will spawn with is 24+3/lvl of Shadow at
> time of casting.
> Note:Both SW and SM dont spawn with belts, boots, and sheilds at any lvl.
>

> So there you go. If anyone know the site I got this from, please post it
> as there is a great deal of more FAQs about the Assassin.

Damn, i found the site...and i spent all that time typing it out...

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=538

ChristoMephisto