GeForce3 Ti 200

Memster1

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2002
I just got a PNY GeForce 3 Ti 200 64 mg from Tigerdirect.com to replace an aging 3dfx voodoo 16 mg card. I installed into my Anth. 900Mz, 128 RAM machine and it went pretty smooth. I play Medal of Honor (at this time) and the graphics are pretty cool. The thing I'm concerned about is that I'm getting soooo much lag time from my actions and the PC reacting to them. The voodoo card was not as good graphics, but at least I moved without hesitation.

I uninstalled the card and drivers, reinstalled them, went to PNY and got the latest drivers (29.42) and still pretty slow.

Any ideas on how I can improve the speed within the game? Is the lack of RAM a factor here? I lowered the hardware acceleration to 75% and that had no effect. Changing the graphic details in the game to low settings is what I'm trying to avoid as this is why I bought the card.

Your suggestions & comments are appreciated!

Talos

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
Hi there! I believe your CPU and memory is holding some performance back! First of all i would turn hardware acceleration back to 100%, no need to lower it! Secondly i would add some more memory for certain, another 128MB would be nice but the more RAM the better. If your budget allows it upgrade your CPU as well...then you'll see performance. Since you play Medal of Honor, i must tell you that it's a very "hardware demanding" game, in order to play it at high resolution. From the options menu of this game, enable console and press ~ then type fps 1. This will show you during game play the Frames per second, try that at Omaha beach-disembarking, if you reached that level...from what i remember it was the most hardware demanding level. To give you an idea around 40+ fps at 1024X768X32 with everything set to max is good performance, anything lower than 24 fps is just...unplayable!

Myrmecophagavir

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
Make sure you have the latest motherboard drivers for your chipset too. Try looking for a newer BIOS as well maybe. Make sure it's set to use the fastest AGP mode it supports in BIOS setup.

Memster1

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2002
Thanks for your suggestions! I did add 128 MG RAM and that seemed to do the trick. I will certainly try to track the FPS, I played last night (I uninstalled & re-installed the game, so I can see stuff again for the 1st time!) and I'll be at D-Day soon enough!

I have a VIA chipset on the MOBO and I thought of downloading the 4 in 1 update out on VIAarena.com. Should I do this yet since the game has improved soooo much? I have all settings maxed and there is NO DELAY!

Thanks again for your thoughts!

TRENDING THREADS