Blizzard: WarCraft 4 Years Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Given how long it's taking for StarCraft 2 to come out, and given how Diablo III just got pushed back to 2011, and given how EVERYTHING Blizzard does takes twice as long as expected, they may announce WC4 in 2013 and actually release it for sale in 2017. No wait, Q1 2018. Oops, beta starts in Q3 2018. My bad, I meant first half of 2019. In time for the holidays in 2019?

codeman03xx

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
best bet would be to sell starcraft to some company that will actually make it a good enjoyable game, and not rip people off. Blizzard concentrate on War 4.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
December 22 2012, starcraft 2s release date. will they release it then? no, their hope is the world is destroyed so they wont have to say "its been like, 8 years and we got nothing". they have adopted a smiler plan for war4 and D3.

Onyx2291

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
I find it hard to believe for there to be a Warcraft 4. Too many open ended things happened during WoW. A lot of evil things are going to be dead. Guess a whole new arc of evil will happen if it ever does get released.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Don't worry guys, it will have all the fun features you've come to love Blizzard games for! You know, the features they stripped out of Diablo and Starcraft!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
So... many... years... away...

I'll have a kid and he'll be my age before it's released.
WC3 is still a lot fo fun though (if you can ignore the insane amounts of DoTA played).

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Onyx2291[/nom]I find it hard to believe for there to be a Warcraft 4. Too many open ended things happened during WoW. A lot of evil things are going to be dead. Guess a whole new arc of evil will happen if it ever does get released.[/citation]
that's why wow is sort of another universe -.- it is based on that warcraft world but it is most certainly not a sequel of warcraft. Hopefully it will come faster than the usual 5+ years and delays. :(

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Are there really cool innovations that one could imagine in W4?

For me, the most important part missing in old Starcraft is Automated MatchMaking. Other than that, S2 will be pretty much the same as S1, well, plus "terrain" thingy.

theblackbird

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
If you look at the Warcraft storyline history, things only happen once in a thousand years (or something like that). Then WoW came, and in just 5 years of story time, a million major events happened. I wish them good luck trying to continue the story, since WoW kind of killed it.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Took them this long to tell us that Diablo 3 and starcraft will be released in 2011... Did you really expect anyting better? For now they have been focused on ruining WoW too much and thats why the delay.

G

can they at least start something new other than starcraft warcraft and diablo...

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Blizzard only want your cash, all of your cash. They'll bleed every product they have dry, release a tiny expansion, bleed it more.
They'll only release full games when they've felt they can't suck any more of your money with their existing products.
Expect anything new from Blizzard to be designed to take your money on a frequent and long term basis.

G

Meh, doesn't really matter now anyway, blizzard has screwed us all over far too much, im not interested in their games, anti-piracy-bullshit, or ridiculous timeframes. They can go f ck themselves.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
One would assume that the now-biggest-in-the-industry could afford hiring more developers and artists instead of just sitting on their cash cow whilst working on the next rpg at a semi-idle speed.

2shea

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]One would assume that the now-biggest-in-the-industry could afford hiring more developers and artists instead of just sitting on their cash cow whilst working on the next rpg at a semi-idle speed.[/citation]
It is probably not a better idea to let the team which made wc3 great, make the following game of that francise or do you let another team like with cod4-5 happened make a game that is quite not anything but not what we expected?
I'd rather wait (unfortunately) for a great wc4 then get it next year made by a ragtag team that doesn't quite cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.