Any News On A Diablo III

Sorry if I missed any recent announcements.

Has Blizzard released any future plans with the franchise?

Any ideas on which direction a third entry should follow?

Thanks, I'm interested in any speculation so if anyone is aware of any links
to a possible DIII sites or posts I may have missed and their NG software
allows you to re-post I would much appreciate.

MikeS

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, "Ikema" wrote:

>> Sorry if I missed any recent announcements.
>>
>> Has Blizzard released any future plans with the franchise?
>>
>> Any ideas on which direction a third entry should follow?
>>
>> Thanks, I'm interested in any speculation so if anyone is aware of any links
>> to a possible DIII sites or posts I may have missed and their NG software
>> allows you to re-post I would much appreciate.
>>
>> MikeS

There are some rather heated discussions as to whether World of Warcraft
is (de facto) the DiabloIII we'd like to see.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

personally I'd like to see Starcraft ][ before any other warcraft or diablo
games are made.

a couple of years ago anyone asking for starcraft ][ would be booed off the
planet because "everyone has been waiting soooo long for warcraft 3 and
diablo 2"

now that warcraft 4 (sort of with WoW) is out
and diablo 2 LOD has been out for a while, all we Starcraft fans have is
Starcraft ghost, a FPS that won't work on a PC!

Don't get me wrong, I've played all of the warcraft games(yes I'm in Wow now
too) and I have enjoyed both diablo games countless times, but can we get
some SciFi love too?

Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> writes:

> There are some rather heated discussions as to whether World of Warcraft
> is (de facto) the DiabloIII we'd like to see.

I can't speak for everyone, but WoW is certainly not the D3 I'm hoping
for.

Nick

--
# sigmask || 0.2 || 20030107 || public domain || feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

yeah I agree starcraft 2 is what I am anxiously waiting for ...damn blizzard
are so slow...

Cheers

Ikema wrote:

> Thanks, I'm interested in any speculation so if anyone is aware of any links
> to a possible DIII sites or posts I may have missed and their NG software
> allows you to re-post I would much appreciate.

Well, at some point in time, Blizzard North did work on D3, but I don't
know if the work was continued or if it was dropped. If the work did
continue, it makes sense that no information about it was released prior
to WoW's launch, and I don't expect this to change for several more
months. WoW *roughly* appeals to the same audience (not quite the same,
but close enough) and selling an addictive game at full price plus
charging a monthly subscription fee is very interesting for a company. I
don't know if I'd release D3 any time soon, if I was in Blizzard's
shoes. I'd love to see a true sequel, but I'm not sure if the release of
such a game would make a lot of economical sense in the current situation.

Blizzard North probably has *something* in the pipeline, but what it is
.... we'll eventually learn, I guess. :)

M.

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ikema wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I'm interested in any speculation so if anyone is aware of any
links
> > to a possible DIII sites or posts I may have missed and their NG
software
> > allows you to re-post I would much appreciate.
>
> Well, at some point in time, Blizzard North did work on D3, but I don't
> know if the work was continued or if it was dropped. If the work did
> continue, it makes sense that no information about it was released prior
> to WoW's launch, and I don't expect this to change for several more
> months. WoW *roughly* appeals to the same audience (not quite the same,
> but close enough) and selling an addictive game at full price plus
> charging a monthly subscription fee is very interesting for a company. I
> don't know if I'd release D3 any time soon, if I was in Blizzard's
> shoes. I'd love to see a true sequel, but I'm not sure if the release of
> such a game would make a lot of economical sense in the current situation.
>
> Blizzard North probably has *something* in the pipeline, but what it is
> ... we'll eventually learn, I guess. :)

Whatever it is, I hope we get to be the bad guys this time.
Or at least get that choice.

short

short wrote:

> Whatever it is, I hope we get to be the bad guys this time.
> Or at least get that choice.

Blizzard already took flak for D2 from various churches, even thought
you fought evil! Imagine what would happen if you actually played a
minion of Diablo! ;)

M.

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> short wrote:
>
> > Whatever it is, I hope we get to be the bad guys this time.
> > Or at least get that choice.
>
> Blizzard already took flak for D2 from various churches, even thought
> you fought evil! Imagine what would happen if you actually played a
> minion of Diablo! ;)
>
> M.

Dungeon Keeper?

Walt

"Ikema" <mtsquad@comcast.net> wrote in message

Well I'm "bumbed" to learn that there's nothing officially being done on a
Diablo sequel. Too bad considering how popular the first two were. :(

On that special day, Ikema, (mtsquad@comcast.net) said...

> Has Blizzard released any future plans with the franchise?

They are as informative about it as a black hole. They won't even talk
about any possibility, that there might be one.

> Any ideas on which direction a third entry should follow?

Hm. No. We have made up some scenarios ourselves, just for fun, but they
didn't look like they could hold some water (mine too, the one with the
Seven Deadly Sins). Perhaps the plot is too used up, and cannot be
extended/milked whatever any further.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Gabriele Neukam wrote:

>> On that special day, Ikema, said...
>> > Any ideas on which direction a third entry should follow?
>>
>> Hm. No. We have made up some scenarios ourselves, just for fun, but they
>> didn't look like they could hold some water (mine too, the one with the
>> Seven Deadly Sins).

When I first saw that, I read: "Seven Deadly Sims"...

....it has a certain appeal...

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Ikema" <mtsquad@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sorry if I missed any recent announcements.
>
> Has Blizzard released any future plans with the franchise?
>
> Any ideas on which direction a third entry should follow?
>
> Thanks, I'm interested in any speculation so if anyone is aware of any
> links to a possible DIII sites or posts I may have missed and their NG
> software allows you to re-post I would much appreciate.
>
> MikeS

I thought that the programmers of this game had left Blizzard. Didn't they
have a lot of people quit on them not too long ago?

Regards,

Sushi

"SushiBoy" <akiow@hotmail.com> writes:

> I thought that the programmers of this game had left Blizzard. Didn't they
> have a lot of people quit on them not too long ago?

I thought that most of the D2 team had gone to form the studio
currently working on Guild Wars. Doesn't mean that D3 will never
happen, but it makes it likely that it won't have the same feel that
the first two did. A repeat of the Myth 3 fiasco would break my heart
(again).

Nick

--

Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote:

> Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> writes:
>
> > There are some rather heated discussions as to whether World of Warcraft
> > is (de facto) the DiabloIII we'd like to see.
>
> I can't speak for everyone, but WoW is certainly not the D3 I'm hoping
> for.

Me either. I don't play online and don't particularly want to, nor could
I afford a monthly subscription if I did want to.

The D3 I'm hoping for, would be like D2 only more so IYSWIM.

--
Carol
"Mmmmooooowooooff!" - the Moobark, "The Treacle People"