Which Card is the best?

Airdog

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2002
Sorry To bother all of you with my lack of knowledge. I am new to this whole Video Card thing. I have been into the Computer Animation stuff lately and finding out that my Video Card is out dated. (I then found out is isn’t working with a lot of the newer games) So I have been trying to find a good card that is mainly for Graphic Programs. But I don't have that New of Computer (only a PII 450) I have upgraded the RAM to 256 which is as high as it well go. I probably well need to get a new Hard Drive soon. But I feel the next thing is a Graphic Card. I have only been looking at the GeForce 4's I do think those are a good deal (the 420) I just am wondering if maybe I'm getting to new of technology for my computer, and that maybe a lot of the Power well be going to waste. So I was just wondering what you guys thing is the best Card for Computer Animation/ the best value for my computer, so just wondering???????????

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Something like a Radeon 9000 or 9000 Pro sounds good. :) But they won't be available for another month so you could try the geforce 4 mx series.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd get a Radeon 8500 LE, one with the 250MHz clock speed. It sounds like you're looking in the $100 range, and this would be the king of $100 cards.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>