assassin doing double hits then not doing them?

Last response: in Video Games
January 6, 2005 3:39:18 PM

when i first started my assassin, i noticed that she would get two
balls floating around her for the power up attacks, although i would
click only once. i assumed this was because one click meant one
attack and one attack with two weapons meant two hits.

i'm now nearly finished normal level (just need to fight baal) and
i've noticed that i'm only getting one ball of power per hit. it
doesn't look like she's attacking with both blades, although i have
her equipped with two weapons.

i'm *assuming* it doesn't matter what the two weapons are, as long as
they're both assassin blades, right? i have a scissors katar on one
(rune weapon: strength) and a quhab with three runes in it (no rune
word though).

is there something messed up with this?

cassandra
--

More about : assassin double hits

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:22:37 PM

forever darkness wrote:
> when i first started my assassin, i noticed that she would get two
> balls floating around her for the power up attacks, although i would
> click only once. i assumed this was because one click meant one
> attack and one attack with two weapons meant two hits.
>
> i'm now nearly finished normal level (just need to fight baal) and
> i've noticed that i'm only getting one ball of power per hit. it
> doesn't look like she's attacking with both blades, although i have
> her equipped with two weapons.
>
> i'm *assuming* it doesn't matter what the two weapons are, as long as
> they're both assassin blades, right? i have a scissors katar on one
> (rune weapon: strength) and a quhab with three runes in it (no rune
> word though).
>
> is there something messed up with this?
>
> cassandra
What attacks are you using?
Tiger Strike TS, Pheonix Strike PS, and Cobra Strike CS use only the
weapon you equipped first. The other three elemental attack attack with
both weapons. Each successful hit gives you a floating ball. This might
be the reason of when you attack once, you get two floating balls or
only one. Or if you are using one of the elemental attacks, maybe you're
only hitting once.
You should usually put your best weapon in first. For my sin, I put my
Chaos claw in the right, and nats claw in the left. Its maxxed out with
PS. As Chaos does more damage and has chance to cast spells too.
Here's a good FAQ page for Assassins.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=538

ChristoMephisto
January 7, 2005 6:11:11 AM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:39:18 -0500, forever darkness
<spirit@cyberbeach.netSpAmBOT> dared speak in front of ME:

>when i first started my assassin, i noticed that she would get two
>balls floating around her for the power up attacks, although i would
>click only once. i assumed this was because one click meant one
>attack and one attack with two weapons meant two hits.
>
>i'm now nearly finished normal level (just need to fight baal) and
>i've noticed that i'm only getting one ball of power per hit. it
>doesn't look like she's attacking with both blades, although i have
>her equipped with two weapons.

>i'm *assuming* it doesn't matter what the two weapons are, as long as
>they're both assassin blades, right? i have a scissors katar on one
>(rune weapon: strength) and a quhab with three runes in it (no rune
>word though).

That's correct, the weapon makes no difference. However, the chargeup
skill you're using does.

I don't have an exact list of which skills get the two-strikes and
which go one at a time, but off memory: the three 'basic' elemental
skills are doublestrikes, tiger, cobra and phoenix are not.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

"ChristoMephisto" <Frogger@roadkill.com> wrote in message

> You should usually put your best weapon in first. For my sin, I put my
> Chaos claw in the right, and nats claw in the left. Its maxxed out with
> PS. As Chaos does more damage and has chance to cast spells too.
> Here's a good FAQ page for Assassins.
>
> http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=538
>
> ChristoMephisto

I thought it was the weapon equipped last, until you exited and came back
then it reverted to the weapon in the left slot.
!