problmes joining open battlenet

If my friend makes a game on the open realm, I can join it about 1 out
of 7 times or less.

If I make a game , I always fail to join it. The red bar fills up
quickly to about this far || from the end and stops.

I also cant host a tcp/ip game.

WIndows firewall is off. I'm no longer running Zonealarm.
Norton/Symantic hasn't given me problems before.

Might it be a firewall problem? Or perhaps its widespread due to
other problems such as ... ?

Could someone in this group suggest a cure,please?

Thank you
Doc (mostly hardcore now)

canary wrote:
> What windows you using?

If he has a Windows firewall it should be XP.

Peg Leg Pete wrote:
> If my friend makes a game on the open realm, I can join it about 1
> out of 7 times or less.
>
> If I make a game , I always fail to join it. The red bar fills up
> quickly to about this far || from the end and stops.
>
> I also cant host a tcp/ip game.
>
> WIndows firewall is off. I'm no longer running Zonealarm.

Zonealarm is known for causing problems as long as you just deactivate
it. Even if you uninstalled it, try installing and uninstalling again.