Sony tv xv ati hd 4800 problem

amitamin79

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Hello,

I have an ATI Radeon HD4800 Series video card connected to a Sony KDL-46Z4100 through HDMI. The resolution is set to the highest 1920x1080, 32bit color. I am running Windows 7. The problem I am having is that the video output from the PC does not stretch to the borders of the TV. I have a 2 inch black border on each side of the TV, making the viewable area small. I have tried everything i can think of and yet the issue wont go away. any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
If you right click on your desktop and go to ATI catalyst control centre, you can adjust it there, not 100% I can remember this correctly, open it go to advanced but its under display or monitor or something along those lines, right click on the display and I think you click on configure or monitor properties or adjustments (depending on what version of CCC you have) look for OVERSCAN there should be a slider there, maximize that and it'll be proper size

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
If you right click on your desktop and go to ATI catalyst control centre, you can adjust it there, not 100% I can remember this correctly, open it go to advanced but its under display or monitor or something along those lines, right click on the display and I think you click on configure or monitor properties or adjustments (depending on what version of CCC you have) look for OVERSCAN there should be a slider there, maximize that and it'll be proper size

Solution