Sign in with
Your question

Windows SUCKS!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
July 29, 2010 12:13:52 AM

WTF is BSoD event id 100? i have contacted MS support and they have no idea what it is either. i am getting this error abour 30 to 40 times a day and i am literaly seconds from tossing my computer out the window and getting a MAC. my specs are: Asus crosshair formula III MOBO, ASUS EAH5870/G/ 950core 1300mem, AMD 965 4.0ghz, 4gb 1333 talent RAM. i also get this at all stock speeds to. i have reinstalled all my drivers, the whole entire OS and cleaned all my componants, as well as replacing the RAM, and video card. can someone please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
[ Guid] {CFC18EC0-96B1-4EBA-961B-622CAEE05B0A}

EventID 100

Version 2

Level 1

Task 4002

Opcode 34

Keywords 0x8000000000010000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-07-29T00:04:50.823824400Z

EventRecordID 1072

- Correlation

[ ActivityID] {00000100-0000-0001-90F0-DB29B12ECB01}

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 1608
[ ThreadID] 5740

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational

Computer Zachary-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-19

More about : windows sucks

a b $ Windows 7
July 29, 2010 1:41:58 AM

Test the RAM... make sure you're not getting any errors. Also check to ensure that the RAM voltage matches the manufacturer's specs... some boards do not always have correct voltage settings if you leave it on default.
m
l
July 29, 2010 2:24:17 AM

well i adjusted the voltage of my ram to standards of 1.501 if this doesnt work i will try 1.6, and if that doesnt work i will be conviced its not the ram. ram checks take to long and last time i did a check there were no problems with it. and besides this is my second set of ram with the same issue so i don think its a ram problem.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b $ Windows 7
July 29, 2010 6:08:33 AM

I was looking for the link to handbags, watches, t-shirts and shoes. My email is nOObonthelose@wtf.net
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 29, 2010 7:00:43 AM

I have to ask: legal version of Windows?

If so, this has to be a hardware issue or perhaps a driver conflict.
m
l
July 29, 2010 8:48:54 AM

yes its the legal version of Win 7.

and from what i have been looking on other formus, this is a software issue.
m
l
July 29, 2010 9:11:43 AM

Herr_Koos said:
I have to ask: legal version of Windows?

If so, this has to be a hardware issue or perhaps a driver conflict.

^+1^ Is this a new build? In what instances is it BSODing, heavy load, gaming, browsing the web?

Tested under prime95? temps?

Memtest isnt foolproof. Test your ram manually, run in single channel with one stick, then change sticks.

More real detail required to help you here.

In all honesty you sound pretty pi$$ed.

My advice would be to walk away and try again tomorrow with a clear head and a little more patience.
m
l
July 29, 2010 9:14:46 AM

Wait a minute, in your first post you say your at stock speeds but you clearly point that you cpu is @4ghz ????????????????????
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 29, 2010 9:27:36 AM

That's a fairly generic error message. Are there no other error messages associated with it?

Edit: Here's an idea. Download a Linux Live CD (any one) and try running it for a while. See if you get any errors. If so then you can be fairly certain there is a hardware error. Oh, and BTW, I would stop overclocking until you've tracked down the cause of your problem as it invalidates any tests that you do.
m
l
July 29, 2010 4:19:34 PM

Tell us about your power supply.
m
l
July 29, 2010 11:49:05 PM

badge said:
I was looking for the link to handbags, watches, t-shirts and shoes. My email is nOObonthelose@wtf.net

+1

LMFAO

Love it.

tonkatuffmofo said:
Wait a minute, in your first post you say your at stock speeds but you clearly point that you cpu is @4ghz ????????????????????

You noticed that too eh?

My bet is it is a unstable overclock. I have only had a BSoD in 7 when its hardware or bad drivers. AT work its normally due to a failing HDD>

OP needs to check his CPU voltage, NB voltage, memory voltage and memory timings.
m
l
July 30, 2010 9:33:38 AM

jimmysmitty said:
+1

LMFAO

Love it.

You noticed that too eh?

My bet is it is a unstable overclock. I have only had a BSoD in 7 when its hardware or bad drivers. AT work its normally due to a failing HDD>

OP needs to check his CPU voltage, NB voltage, memory voltage and memory timings.

if you acctually read it i say i "ALSO" get it at stock speed. and it cant be my OC because i also get it at stock as i said first. besides i can get stable OC at 5ghz. stable as is i can play games for hours and run 24 hour stress tests and never encounter a problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2010 10:19:48 AM

cry_monster said:
if you acctually read it i say i "ALSO" get it at stock speed. and it cant be my OC because i also get it at stock as i said first. besides i can get stable OC at 5ghz. stable as is i can play games for hours and run 24 hour stress tests and never encounter a problem.

Stable for hours? 24 hour stress tests? I thought you got this BSOD 30 to 40 times a day... ? :heink: 
m
l
July 30, 2010 10:46:27 AM

I would give apple care a call. Tell them you are having trouble with your overclock. They have geniuses you know.
m
l
July 30, 2010 12:06:24 PM

I'm betting you ruined something on the hardware end whether it be your processor, or a component on your motherboard. Unless you're planning on setting some kind of benchmark record, you are only asking for trouble if you overclock a 965 (or any processor for that matter) to 5GHZ.

congratulations... you overclocked your junk too far, and now you are seeing ill effects!

when you're the only one with this problem, and you've installed/reinstalled windows 7, and still getting the same problem, yeah, I'm betting this is a hardware issue and not a software issue.

If you want me to, I'd be happy to try out your windows 7 for free on my PC.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2010 1:59:38 PM

+1

Push something too far and it's going to break. No point blaming the software.
m
l
July 30, 2010 3:38:43 PM

Go buy a mac.
Then you dont have to complain.
If something goes wrong, you will have to pay a lot.
hey, its your money, do what you want with it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2010 4:24:52 PM

This has been a very interesting thread. I've not had an issue with Win7 on a number of machines, both at home and at work. I'd have to agree with everyone else - it is possible to OC and cause components to become unstable, even when you return them to stock speeds.

Sorry you're having such a problem, but at this point, I don't think you can blame the OS.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2010 5:31:03 PM

cry_monster said:

I find your stable 5ghz OC very hard to believe

so do you get bsods 40 times a day or do you run perfect 24 hour stress tests (i.e no bsod)? :heink: 

you seem to contradict yourself
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2010 5:44:34 PM

Perfect stress tests obviously (well, apart from the BSODs - they don't count, do they?).
m
l
July 30, 2010 10:08:36 PM

What part of this is a software BSoD do you guys not understand. this is a software BSoD if you look up id100, and i got stable 5ghz OC before all of this. this is not a hardware issue!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 31, 2010 12:19:10 AM

cry_monster said:
What part of this is a software BSoD do you guys not understand. this is a software BSoD if you look up id100, and i got stable 5ghz OC before all of this. this is not a hardware issue!

well, if you did get to stable 5GHz OC on a Phenom II you were more than likely to be out of specification on the voltage and more than likely heat, and with the combination of these two (or even each on its own, especially voltage) you could have damaged the chip which can cause a software BSoD if the software gets abnormal behavior from the hardware

and if you don't like what advice we are giving you, you can leave, plain and simple

EDIT: if you think it is a simple software issue, why haven't you even tried to install linux (or run it from a disk) to make sure, hell you could try to re-install windows as well
m
l
July 31, 2010 3:54:41 AM

i just read this forum.. and i have to say this is one of the funniest things ive read in a LONG time. XD i mean is there a safety word that comes with this? or at least offer him some lubrication.. make it a little easier.. XD LOLOL
m
l
July 31, 2010 5:58:25 AM

cry_monster said:

I stopped understanding about the time you startled dribbling the number 5ghz and the words stable, 24hrs, and gaming all in one sentence.

I am sorry sir but you are a tool

With your level of leet overclocking ability, a simple software BSOD should be a rather simple fix for you.

I spent an entire week with a system that was experiencing a "video driver stopped responding and has been restarted" error

Guess what it wasnt the video card, it wasnt the video driver, it wasnt windows 7, it wasnt a particular game. It was a faulty ram module

Just because your computer is complaining of bsod id100 doesnt meen it is definitely software, heres a question.

WHAT DOES SOFTWARE RUN ON?
WHAT WOULD THAT AFFECT IF IT WAS PLAYING UP?

Why come here looking for help when you are set in your mind you know what the issue is?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 4:17:50 AM

While this continues to be hilarious, when I look up BSOD and id 100, I get a bunch of results pointing that it's taking Windows too long to load...

Couldn't this be caused by a number of factors? Just saying...why is this specifically Windows? Have you tried the live CD or full install of Linux yet? This would seem to rule out the OS, or point to it more specifically? Have you done the rest of the troubleshooting - only 1 RAM module, etc?

If you aren't willing to try these things and just want to rant about how much you hate Windows, that's fine. If you are actually trying to fix it, you might have to try things, even if you don't think they will work - as a troubleshooter, you actually have to rule things out. If you don't, you'll never know what causes the problems, but will just have your guess.
m
l
August 1, 2010 4:36:04 AM

does the BSOD actually say ID 100 or is that what's in the event log?

Usually there is some very nice info in the BSOD itself.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 7:58:45 AM

@huron - how right you are. Too many people, when troubleshooting, make assumptions about what the fault is so never bother to test those things that they think can't be at fault (and so never find the cause). You have to apply a methodical approach and test everything. If you knew what the fault was to start with, why bother to test.

@Kewlx25 - the OP has already been asked what further messages there are in the log and several things to try have been suggested. So far he has provided no further info and there is no indication that he has tried any of the things suggested. It looks more and more as if this was just a bit of flamebait from a troll. Either that or he's just too embarrassed to admit that he's screwed his m/b, cpu, or RAM by pushing the overclocking too far.
m
l
August 1, 2010 7:01:35 PM

just to end this, i fixed it. non of what you guys posted fixed anything. i went to the M$ store and they reinstalled a new copy of windows 7, (How nice of them) and the problem never occered again. the defect was in the windows disc itself, not my hardware.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 7:38:17 PM

I'm glad that you found out that Windows doesn't suck. ;) 
m
l
August 1, 2010 9:16:20 PM

This won’t change my mind that windows suck unfortunatly. It is still terrible software with tons of bugs. But apple and windows have their ups and downs. Apple has flawless software but at a price that is around 3x more than a PC, and PC has cheap ass broken software for affordable prices. not to mention I have taken MS to small claims court numerous times and winning every case, things like warranty issues, software issues, and there customer support. Unfortunately I have to use MS for my Artificial Intelligence programming, which apple sucks at. But other than that MS is the only flaw with my computer.
m
l
August 1, 2010 9:22:41 PM

cry_monster said:
This won’t change my mind that windows suck unfortunatly. It is still terrible software with tons of bugs. But apple and windows have their ups and downs. Apple has flawless software but at a price that is around 3x more than a PC, and PC has cheap ass broken software for affordable prices. not to mention I have taken MS to small claims court numerous times and winning every case, things like warranty issues, software issues, and there customer support. Unfortunately I have to use MS for my Artificial Intelligence programming, which apple sucks at. But other than that MS is the only flaw with my computer.

well at least its working and you didnt have to spend any money.. thats all that matters..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 1, 2010 10:16:23 PM

Ijack said:
I'm glad that you found out that Windows doesn't suck. ;) 

The Windows sucks related accusation is always fun and the most legitimate reason to sue M$. This is why they make drugs.

m
l
August 2, 2010 12:14:57 AM

badge said:
The Windows sucks related accusation is always fun and the most legitimate reason to sue M$. This is why they make drugs.

im wearing my tin foil hat RIGHT NOW...
m
l
August 2, 2010 1:55:22 AM

this is hilarious.. :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 3:07:10 AM

cry_monster said:

you just dig yourself deeper every time you talk...

quit while you are ahead-ish
m
l
August 2, 2010 4:13:27 AM

Dont forget to take your meds
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 6:58:32 AM

cry_monster said:
I have taken MS to small claims court numerous times and winning every case, things like warranty issues, software issues, and there customer support.

Yeah, right. I think your fantasies are beginning to take over. It's pretty clear that there is only one flaw with your computer and you have shown us exactly what it is.

But thanks for the laugh. This has been one of the funniest threads for a long time.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 11:35:46 AM

I couldn't agree more ijack. I have found this thread to be one of the most entertaining I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laughs.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 2, 2010 2:39:40 PM

That is funny, ijack... I can't see MS wasting their time in small claims court. Besides, MS offers absolutely no warranty on Windows other than the media itself... and that's only if there is a defect out of the box. All other warranty issues are handled by the hardware manufacturers.

Quote:
well i adjusted the voltage of my ram to standards of 1.501 if this doesnt work i will try 1.6, and if that doesnt work i will be conviced its not the ram. ram checks take to long and last time i did a check there were no problems with it. and besides this is my second set of ram with the same issue so i don think its a ram problem.

But you still didn't check the manufacturer's specs, did you? You just decided to try random voltages without actually checking whether or not they were the correct voltages. I'm not interested in "standard" voltage... I want to know what voltage the manufacturer says is best. The RAM I have, for instance, has a slightly higher spec voltage than what my motherboard provided by default... so I adjusted the voltage accordingly. If you can't be bothered to check such simple things, then the rest of us couldn't be bothered to help you.
m
l
August 2, 2010 11:14:06 PM

apple fanboys?!
I just heard they dont know anything about hardware!
m
l
August 3, 2010 3:31:38 AM

last I checked, OSX has more bugs than Win7 and OSX only has to work with something closer to tens of hardware configs while Win7 has to work with THOUSANDS, and unlike Win7, Apple has it's fingers in on all hardware for that platform. Microsoft just sets a standard and when someone makes software/hardware that doesn't follow that standard, MS gets blamed.

MS could be better, but they're still pretty decent, well with Win7 anyway. Vista sucked.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 3, 2010 2:46:25 PM

Kewlx25 said:
Microsoft just sets a standard and when someone makes software/hardware that doesn't follow that standard, MS gets blamed.

at the same time M$ doesn't like to follow standards either, look at the open office document standard and how they don't even follow it in Office 2010
m
l
!