Which bow would be best for a Harmony for a Sorceress?

Joe

Since I dont want too much dex I was wondering if a Fire only sorc
would survive in Hell with a Harmony bow?

It gets pretty high in req after double bow plus a double bow will
come with 4 sockets

Great bow maybe? 121/107 req

"Joe" <caissy@nospamiprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> Since I dont want too much dex I was wondering if a Fire only sorc
> would survive in Hell with a Harmony bow?
>
> It gets pretty high in req after double bow plus a double bow will
> come with 4 sockets
>
> Great bow maybe? 121/107 req

Since you won't have the auto hits that a kuko or other exploding arrow bow
has, you do need some, preferrably a lot of dex.

I made the harmony for my enchantress in a cedar bow, nice low-execeptional
bow, it just happened that it was the first 4 socket bow to drop after I
read the stats of harmony and started paying attention to grey socketed
bows. I lucked out and got a lvl 6 valk with it, and +skills items on the
sorc (like her vipermagi) boost the casting lvl to get an even higher lvl
valk.

I also have edge made in a rune bow, a little more damage and the thorns
aura for the party. It would be interesting in seeing just how cheap things
would become with a gheeds charm and an edge runeword bow on the same char,
might make gambling quite a bit cheaper.

I have 3 or 4 more 4 socket cedar bows that have dropped as well as a 4
socket composite bow that may get turned into a gemmed bow for twinking low
level rogue mercs.

If you can rush chars to nm hellforge fast enough to generate several ko
runes, then go ahead and make the harmony in any sort of 4 socket bow, it
really doesn't have the punch for hell lvl, it does hold its own in nm diff.

If you have an enchant buff setup on switch, you can cast the valk, quickly
change to your enchant setup, enchant the valk and then switch back to the
harmony bow. If you take more than about 2 seconds you lose the valk and
have to recast.

From my experience, a demon machine is the best enchantress bow, fast, good
physical damage and exploding bolts.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Having never made one and no intention to do so, I will nevertheless
suggest you consider a chukonu for your harmony. The average damage is
lower, but the +min/max bonus on harmony closes the gap, and it's
incredibly fast even for a sorceress. Plus, the str/dex reqs are more
manageable (80/95).

I'd also suggest you put at least one point in each of the elemental
masteries to boost the harmony's elemental damage.

Joe schrieb:
> Since I dont want too much dex I was wondering if a Fire only sorc
> would survive in Hell with a Harmony bow?

As bows get their dmg bonus from dex, I recommend to use a bow with low
str and medium dex requirements.

> It gets pretty high in req after double bow plus a double bow will
> come with 4 sockets
>
> Great bow maybe? 121/107 req

I choosed a Blade bow for my Enchantress. 76/119, good speed. With 45
IAS (20 from gloves, 10 from Goldwrap, 15 from IAS jewel in helm), she
fires at 11 fpa. Displayed damage in the LCS is something like 5k-6k. I
made it into Act 3 Hell so far (HC that is). Mainly because her merc is
a good tank though (forget about the Valk for that purpose).

My mistake was to go with a superior bow. A full repair costs around
650k! So I use revives only for the thoughest battles, i.e. for Duriel.
And mule over every ORT and chippy I find to refill the charges with the
cube.

---
Hannes

PS: BTW she is _very_ low on life, below 700 :). I expect her to be one
hit killed sooner or later.