Web pages don't fill internet explorer

mauricius

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hello, I have Win 8 and IE 10. When I open web pages the page displays down the center of the page. There is approximately a 1.5 inch blank bar on the left and right of the window. I am using F11 full screen and I have tried compatibility mode on and off with no results. There are times that I have to highlight the longest sentence/line on the web page to be able to scroll left or right as there is no scroll bar at the bottom. I've done web searches and am not getting the results I need for an answer. I am seeing how to use the restore up and restore down and click and drag the window to whatever size is needed. I am wondering if technology is going to fast for webmasters to keep up with new formats.

Any ideas/thoughts,

Thank you

Mauricius

Solution
Your screen shots are the same as mine when I view the web page with Windows 7 and Firefox. It is the formatting of the web site not the browser that is at fault here.
Are you on the RTM version? Can you take a screenshot and link to it here so we can see for ourselves? I'm curious as to what this actually looks like.

Have you tried going to the same page(s) in a different browser like Firefox or Chrome? Do you see the same behavior there?

mauricius

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hello Prophecy, Thank you for the reply. Is this what you need as far as a link?

1. The headings next to HOME are overlaid on each other.
2. Please note the gray bars on each side of the web page and the gray 300 X 250 picture middle right.
3. I am using MSIE 10 Pre-Release version 10.0.8400.0. I was having this issue with MSIE 9 as well.
4. The link to this page is http://www.610kona.com/index.php
5. Chrome shows #2 the same way but the rest of the page appears to be ok.

Thank you for your help.

mauricius

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Yes, however when I zoom in to fill the page I start getting pixilation and distortion. I've tried to find a setting to set the zoom I ant as a default but cannot find it.

Thank you,

chugot9218

Honorable
You could try posting some pictures of your IE settings (ignore security, I don't know if there is anything pertinent to penetrating your system there but it is best not to show it anyways). You will have to host the pics on one of the free image hosting sites (tinyurl maybe? I don't remember what I used), and then you can post the link on here.

mauricius

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Let's try this link where I have posted two screen prints of 100% zoom and 135% zoom.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r506/mairicius/100_Zoom.jpg

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r506/mairicius/135_Zoom.jpg

Are there particular MSIE setting you would like to see?

Thanks

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I have exactly the same problem with my desktop. But I'm not using IE. I use Google Chrome and Win7 64x Ult. It happens whenever I close and re-open.

I have another problem with my laptop (Google Chrome and same OS) whenever I open a new page it is not scrollable.

In both cases everything normalizes when I resize the window (restore down and maximize).

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

sometimes its the website

for example i get that on toms main page but not on the forums

doesnt bother me though as im using a 26" wide screen tv as a moniter atm