Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Web pages don't fill internet explorer

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
September 23, 2012 12:29:12 AM

Hello, I have Win 8 and IE 10. When I open web pages the page displays down the center of the page. There is approximately a 1.5 inch blank bar on the left and right of the window. I am using F11 full screen and I have tried compatibility mode on and off with no results. There are times that I have to highlight the longest sentence/line on the web page to be able to scroll left or right as there is no scroll bar at the bottom. I've done web searches and am not getting the results I need for an answer. I am seeing how to use the restore up and restore down and click and drag the window to whatever size is needed. I am wondering if technology is going to fast for webmasters to keep up with new formats.

Any ideas/thoughts,

Thank you

Mauricius
a b * Windows 8
September 23, 2012 3:12:42 AM

Are you on the RTM version? Can you take a screenshot and link to it here so we can see for ourselves? I'm curious as to what this actually looks like.

Have you tried going to the same page(s) in a different browser like Firefox or Chrome? Do you see the same behavior there?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 12:15:22 PM

Same kind of problem also i am facing ...

m
0
l
Related resources
September 25, 2012 6:03:17 PM

Hello Prophecy, Thank you for the reply. Is this what you need as far as a link?



1. The headings next to HOME are overlaid on each other.
2. Please note the gray bars on each side of the web page and the gray 300 X 250 picture middle right.
3. I am using MSIE 10 Pre-Release version 10.0.8400.0. I was having this issue with MSIE 9 as well.
4. The link to this page is http://www.610kona.com/index.php
5. Chrome shows #2 the same way but the rest of the page appears to be ok.


Thank you for your help.
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 6:22:00 PM

Did you try adjusting the page zoom by holding Ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel? I believe there is an IE setting that regulates the zoom behaviors of the page.
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 6:27:34 PM

chugot9218 said:
Did you try adjusting the page zoom by holding Ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel? I believe there is an IE setting that regulates the zoom behaviors of the page.


Yes, however when I zoom in to fill the page I start getting pixilation and distortion. I've tried to find a setting to set the zoom I ant as a default but cannot find it.

Thank you,
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 6:30:42 PM

You could try posting some pictures of your IE settings (ignore security, I don't know if there is anything pertinent to penetrating your system there but it is best not to show it anyways). You will have to host the pics on one of the free image hosting sites (tinyurl maybe? I don't remember what I used), and then you can post the link on here.
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 6:33:25 PM

Forgot to mention that my screen resolution is 1366 x 768. I have a 16" visible monitor (Toshiba Laptop).
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 7:11:08 PM

chugot9218 said:
You could try posting some pictures of your IE settings (ignore security, I don't know if there is anything pertinent to penetrating your system there but it is best not to show it anyways). You will have to host the pics on one of the free image hosting sites (tinyurl maybe? I don't remember what I used), and then you can post the link on here.


Let's try this link where I have posted two screen prints of 100% zoom and 135% zoom.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r506/mairicius/100_...

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r506/mairicius/135_...

Are there particular MSIE setting you would like to see?

Thanks
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 7:49:06 PM

I have exactly the same problem with my desktop. But I'm not using IE. I use Google Chrome and Win7 64x Ult. It happens whenever I close and re-open.

I have another problem with my laptop (Google Chrome and same OS) whenever I open a new page it is not scrollable.

In both cases everything normalizes when I resize the window (restore down and maximize).
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 8:46:26 PM

Kursun said:
I have exactly the same problem with my desktop. But I'm not using IE. I use Google Chrome and Win7 64x Ult. It happens whenever I close and re-open.

I have another problem with my laptop (Google Chrome and same OS) whenever I open a new page it is not scrollable.

In both cases everything normalizes when I resize the window (restore down and maximize).



sometimes its the website



for example i get that on toms main page but not on the forums




doesnt bother me though as im using a 26" wide screen tv as a moniter atm
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 9:21:49 PM

Unfortunately I do not have IE10 installed (it is hell as far as compatability), but can you check and see what your text size is set at? I cannot check where that would be in the newest version.
m
0
l
September 25, 2012 9:30:02 PM

The text size is on the menu bar under view. Mine is set to medium.
m
0
l

Best solution

September 25, 2012 11:13:45 PM

Your screen shots are the same as mine when I view the web page with Windows 7 and Firefox. It is the formatting of the web site not the browser that is at fault here.
Share
October 3, 2012 2:19:30 PM

Best answer selected by mauricius.
m
0
l
October 3, 2012 2:47:38 PM

A few days ago I backed-up/format/restore my hdd on my desktop and the problem with it disappeared.
m
0
l
!