Dell XPS Case Questions

JM

I want to build a computer. I have found someone online who has a NEW DELL
XPS case for sale and I would like to build it up with my parts but I don't
know if they will mount inside the Dell case. The guy with the case does not
know either. I want to use an ASUS P4C800-e Deluxe motherboard with a
CoolerMaster Hyper6 heatsink.

Does anyone know if the Asus motherboard will mount in the DELL XPS case
without making modifications to the case?

What about the CoolerMaster Hyper6 heatsink? Will it fit in there without
hitting anything?

Another question: The pictures of the XPS case shows a power button at the
top right corner. That is the only button I can see. Is there a reset button
anywhere on this case?

Thanks in advance for any replys.

"JM" <NONOSpam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I want to build a computer. I have found someone online who has a NEW DELL
> XPS case for sale and I would like to build it up with my parts but I
> don't
> know if they will mount inside the Dell case. The guy with the case does
> not
> know either. I want to use an ASUS P4C800-e Deluxe motherboard with a
> CoolerMaster Hyper6 heatsink.
>
> Does anyone know if the Asus motherboard will mount in the DELL XPS case
> without making modifications to the case?
>
> What about the CoolerMaster Hyper6 heatsink? Will it fit in there without
> hitting anything?
>
> Another question: The pictures of the XPS case shows a power button at the
> top right corner. That is the only button I can see. Is there a reset
> button
> anywhere on this case?
>
> Thanks in advance for any replys.

In short: wouldn't do it. There are Dell proprietary connection and fit
concerns for a retail motherboard. Go find yourself a nice case and power
supply for $100 or less (Antec, Chieftec, Lian-Li, to name just a few).

www.zipzoomfly.com

www.newegg.com

Stew

jeff

you could buy a dell motherboard and heatsink for the processor and then you
could mount the rest of your stuff to that but you'll pay a fortune for
Dell's particular motherboard. and if you need that power supply to even
more $$. it may not be at all worth it.

-jeff
"Matt" <mttmrrsn_blablabla@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "JM" <NONOSpam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> In short: wouldn't do it. There are Dell proprietary connection and fit
>> concerns for a retail motherboard. Go find yourself a nice case and
>> power supply for $100 or less (Antec, Chieftec, Lian-Li, to name just a
>> few).
>>
>> www.zipzoomfly.com
>>
>> www.newegg.com
>>

> not to mention the fact that they use a proprietary power supply and a
> normal one just won't fit (wish I would have researched this before I
> bought my XPS!)

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I actually did this one time with a dimension xps case. I did it
mainly because I like the look of the xps case. It was a major job. I
remember having to do a lot sodering to connect the front panel lights
and on/off switch to the motherboard. But I did get it to work.

If you have nothing better to do with your time its an interesting
project.

Larry

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I forgot to mention that attaching a non dell motherboard to the case
was an other job. I finally used simple machine screws and tightened
them with a wing nut.

Larry