WOW and you (and also me....)

hi, this post is meant for people who have made the jump from D2 to
WOW. so my question is how they are finding the game nearly after one
or 3 weeks of gameplay. ok the environment, ingame chars, music and all
is great but how about the gameplay itself. i have read many comments
and user reviews that the drops of WOW are no diablo2 and is very damn
far from it. thats the reason why i have not chosen to buy WOW. after 2
or 3 days of wondering and exploring and chatting with some female
elven characters, i would usually want to go and kill some monsters
and be able to find runes, charms, uniques, and even a horadric cube to
be able ot make my own weapons (which include a huge amount of try and
retry to find a decent one, thats why when you have finally made
something decent you feel so good) and at the end of the day be able to
find a huge very bad monster to kill after having spent many weeks or
even months making a decent char with a decent gear and evenly
distributed skill points that make the char viable against higher lvl
monsters, kill that monster and see the high lvl. items droping and sit
back and enjoy the ending sequence... but heh thats not possible with
WOW. after having managed to kill a high lvl monster or completed a
quest, you'll surely find your items stolen by some low lvl char owned
by a kiddie no matter how hard blizz tend to renew the items drop or
quest reward system. also i dont want to acheieve max level for my char
after 1 week of heavy gameplay...no WOW is definetly not for me...

ok this post is 95% rants again WOW but i am kinda fed up with poeple
who think that they will find the new d3 in WOW... wake up dudes WOW is
no D3...

Cheers
fx_05

In article <1105741421.079991.165950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"fx_05" <fx_05@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi, this post is meant for people who have made the jump from D2 to
> WOW. so my question is how they are finding the game nearly after one
> or 3 weeks of gameplay. ok the environment, ingame chars, music and all
> is great but how about the gameplay itself. i have read many comments
> and user reviews that the drops of WOW are no diablo2 and is very damn
> far from it. thats the reason why i have not chosen to buy WOW. after 2
> or 3 days of wondering and exploring and chatting with some female
> elven characters, i would usually want to go and kill some monsters
> and be able to find runes, charms, uniques, and even a horadric cube to
> be able ot make my own weapons (which include a huge amount of try and
> retry to find a decent one, thats why when you have finally made
> something decent you feel so good) and at the end of the day be able to
> find a huge very bad monster to kill after having spent many weeks or
> even months making a decent char with a decent gear and evenly
> distributed skill points that make the char viable against higher lvl
> monsters, kill that monster and see the high lvl. items droping and sit
> back and enjoy the ending sequence... but heh thats not possible with
> WOW. after having managed to kill a high lvl monster or completed a
> quest, you'll surely find your items stolen by some low lvl char owned
> by a kiddie no matter how hard blizz tend to renew the items drop or
> quest reward system. also i dont want to acheieve max level for my char
> after 1 week of heavy gameplay...no WOW is definetly not for me...
>
> ok this post is 95% rants again WOW but i am kinda fed up with poeple
> who think that they will find the new d3 in WOW... wake up dudes WOW is
> no D3...
>
> Cheers
> fx_05

I've got a character just reaching the mid twenties, and the drops are
getting more interesting - one frustration is the characters in WOW are
much more limited in what they can wear or use.

I've heard nothing about items being stolen or characters being "owned"
- if anything, I see Bliz paying close attention to what's going on, and
I've seen nor heard of any cheats or BS PK behavior.

But, WOW for me is not about the drops. It's about the environment. The
quests are pretty good, and when you get the ability to jump around from
area to area there's a lot of different monsters and quests to try - I
just got a character over to the dwarves area, with a whole new set of
quests and monsters and items, it's a blast.

And the scenery...it's amazing. I understand now what people meant when
they said they'd just wander so they could see the sights - the first
time I saw the Great Forge, it was pretty cool. I'm playing on a 23"
Apple Cinema display, and it's incredible.

WOW is going to grow, too, and from what i see, you havent really seen
the game until the 40's, it changes drastically. When they start adding
raids (ie. armies), it's going to get interesting.