Oath Crystal Sword

I socketed a crystal sword with this runeword thinking that I could upgrade
it afterward...

Why can't I upgrade a runeword item when it is the same color as unique?

Now I'm stuck with it. Is there any hope for it?

keith

You could keep it on the off chance that another patch
will introduce an upgrade recipe but I think theres only
a sliver of a chance of that.

You should always check the level of the highest rune as well
and at least try and match it to the item, this then at least gives you
a good levelling up item..

eg Insights highest rune is Sol which is level 27 and most exceptionals

start at level 25 so you end up with a high damage weapon at a lowish
level which will be 27.

Mal in Oath is 49 and elites tend to start below this level so your
weapon
will have a minimum of level 49 no matter what you use.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, "Brian Kastel" wrote:

>> I socketed a crystal sword with this runeword thinking that I could upgrade
>> it afterward...
>>
>> Why can't I upgrade a runeword item when it is the same color as unique?
>>
>> Now I'm stuck with it. Is there any hope for it?

Looking at the horadric cube page, there is NO FORMULA for upgrading the
base item a runeword is in (plain socketed item). Neither is there a
formula for upgrading an item with a gold label. There is a formula for
upgrading unique items (which have gold labels) which does not meet our
needs. Gold labels do not a unique make!

*Rant* *fume* *whimper* I share your frustration!

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Brian Brunner" wrote...
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, "Brian Kastel" wrote:
>
>>> I socketed a crystal sword with this runeword thinking that I could
>>> upgrade
>>> it afterward...
>>>
>>> Why can't I upgrade a runeword item when it is the same color as unique?
>>>
>>> Now I'm stuck with it. Is there any hope for it?
>
> Looking at the horadric cube page, there is NO FORMULA for upgrading the
> base item a runeword is in (plain socketed item). Neither is there a
> formula for upgrading an item with a gold label. There is a formula for
> upgrading unique items (which have gold labels) which does not meet our
> needs. Gold labels do not a unique make!
>
> *Rant* *fume* *whimper* I share your frustration!
>

> --
>
> USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

rats...