Why I think Blizzard had released D3 already

Because I'm playing it right now. Oh sure, the cover SAYS World of
Warcraft, but it is D3, no doubt about it. Points to ponder...

1)There is a quest in a barren desert-like valley with a waypoint near
by. Your job is to go down into a tunnel system (and there are several
to choose from) called Uldman, and collect a headpiece and a staff. You
must then combine the two and form a super-staff that you then place in
a socket. When you do, bright light shoots out and opens up a secret
passage. You then fight a lone boss that is really big and fast and
chills you with frost spells. No joke, did this last night.

2) There is a weapon in the game called the Tomb Reaver. It has a
special skill on it that when activated makes you spin around really
fast like a tornado and god help any monster close by to you when you
do. It has this cool mini-tornado animation to it.

3)I bought a bow last night. A moderately rare one called SkyStrike.

4) I have seen a mini-Diablo (with the words [Lord of Destruction]
written over his head, about 100 times so far.

5) Staff of Jordan weapon. Too close for comfort

6) Even when you are ridiculously high in level, low level monsters
still try to take a swipe at your if you come near. Oh they have no
chance of hurting you at all, but still quite annoying.

Anex.....Explodeazon, I did a /census command last night. I'm in the
top 5 ranked Undead Rogues on the server *starts to do cabbage patch*
go me...go me...it's my birthday...go me. (not really my b-day btw)

thats the thing about blizzard that i hate the most. they find a good
concept and continually change the form and the name of the games.
first example that comes to me right now - starcraft - zerg cannot
build over normal lands only land convertted by them and their
hatcheries/ warcraft3 - undead can build over bliss i.e land converted
by their minions and their death forthress... and their are many other
examples like these if you take the time to look closely at the
blizzard titles...

Cheers
fx_05

"u" <u@me.com> wrote in message news:BLWdnZvV_6e-O3fcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> Because I'm playing it right now. Oh sure, the cover SAYS World of
> Warcraft, but it is D3, no doubt about it. Points to ponder...

I agree. I was thinking (rare)... the resources needed to support this game
and the steady income earnt will prevent Blizz from releasing another major
title for a long time and this is kind of a Marriage of Warcraft and
Diablo2. If there is a major title released in rpg, perhaps it would be on
the Starcraft side.

> 1)There is a quest in a barren desert-like valley with a waypoint near by.
> Your job is to go down into a tunnel system (and there are several to
> choose from) called Uldman, and collect a headpiece and a staff. You must
> then combine the two and form a super-staff that you then place in a
> socket. When you do, bright light shoots out and opens up a secret
> passage. You then fight a lone boss that is really big and fast and
> chills you with frost spells. No joke, did this last night.
>
> 2) There is a weapon in the game called the Tomb Reaver. It has a special
> skill on it that when activated makes you spin around really fast like a
> tornado and god help any monster close by to you when you do. It has this
> cool mini-tornado animation to it.
>
> 3)I bought a bow last night. A moderately rare one called SkyStrike.

My oldest toon is only 26 so I have no knowledge of blue or purple items
apart from those I see in the WTS chat. :)
A Windforce would be nice, and how about the sound the bow makes... I love
it.... *creak thwat!*

> 4) I have seen a mini-Diablo (with the words [Lord of Destruction] written
> over his head, about 100 times so far.

I wish I could have gotten a Collectors Edition, I would have loved a
mini-diablo pet.

> 5) Staff of Jordan weapon. Too close for comfort

Hehe, the new currency!

> 6) Even when you are ridiculously high in level, low level monsters still
> try to take a swipe at your if you come near. Oh they have no chance of
> hurting you at all, but still quite annoying.

Yup, they seem to be able to land 100% of their hits even if they're 10 or
15 levels lower than me. Though I 'm a cloth wearer, perhaps it's different
for mail/plate wearers. Are there any "diablo-like" penalties to defence or
block rate when running?

> Anex.....Explodeazon, I did a /census command last night. I'm in the top
> 5 ranked Undead Rogues on the server *starts to do cabbage patch* go
> me...go me...it's my birthday...go me. (not really my b-day btw)

Congrats! *whispers* "horde scum"
No really, well done! *whispers* "horde scum*
*Runs away very quickly knowing running really annoys "u". :)

Stu.
*They nerf the Priest's Mind Soothe because it allowed them to avoid
content, yet they ignore the rogues ability to do just that. I just don't
understand... was 5% of the server population too many Priests? Are they
actively working to make priests the most painfull class to level? (All
rhetoric, just having a whinge.)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:00:33 +0800, 3phAse <3phAse@elektrickery.com> wrote:

> "u" <u@me.com> wrote in message
<shnip>

>> 4) I have seen a mini-Diablo (with the words [Lord of Destruction]
>> written
>> over his head, about 100 times so far.
>
> I wish I could have gotten a Collectors Edition, I would have loved a
> mini-diablo pet.

What does all this mean? What's a mini-D?

--
freemont

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:39:11 -0500, Freemont <yabba@dabba.doo> wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:00:33 +0800, 3phAse <3phAse@elektrickery.com> wrote:

>> I wish I could have gotten a Collectors Edition, I would have loved a
>> mini-diablo pet.
>
>What does all this mean? What's a mini-D?
>
>--
>freemont

A pet you get with the Collectors Edition.

ald