Belkin access point and 54g wireless card

Hi,

Im moving into my new house soon and when i get the adsl enabled I have a
cheap adsl modem/router which im hoping to connect straight to my access
point, and then recieve my internet wirelessly to my pc.
My question is will this work ok and will it be ok for online gaming? Does
anyone know of a website for the Belkin F5D7130UK where I can get a good
setup guide or do you think I wont need this. I know its aweb based
interface to set it up and im just trying to get any advice before I
encounter any problems.

Thanks very much in advance, its much appreciated.

Doughy
3 answers Last reply
More about belkin access point wireless card

    "doughy" <doughnut@doughnut.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im moving into my new house soon and when i get the adsl enabled I have a
    > cheap adsl modem/router which im hoping to connect straight to my access
    > point, and then recieve my internet wirelessly to my pc.
    > My question is will this work ok and will it be ok for online gaming?
    Does
    > anyone know of a website for the Belkin F5D7130UK where I can get a good
    > setup guide or do you think I wont need this. I know its aweb based
    > interface to set it up and im just trying to get any advice before I
    > encounter any problems.
    >
    > Thanks very much in advance, its much appreciated.
    >
    > Doughy

    Your plan sounds straight forward. There was a thread a few weeks ago about
    gaming. Mostly it'll be fine, but wireless is a Half Duplex connection
    (communicates in only one direction at a time) which will contribute to lag.

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

    Yes, it will work or at least it should. You can download the manual
    from
    http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5D7130&lang=1&mode=

    Anyway, I hope this helps. Take care.

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:42:27 GMT, "Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes
    @yah00.com> wrote:

    >"doughy" <doughnut@doughnut.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Im moving into my new house soon and when i get the adsl enabled I have a
    >> cheap adsl modem/router which im hoping to connect straight to my access
    >> point, and then recieve my internet wirelessly to my pc.
    >> My question is will this work ok and will it be ok for online gaming?
    >Does
    >> anyone know of a website for the Belkin F5D7130UK where I can get a good
    >> setup guide or do you think I wont need this. I know its aweb based
    >> interface to set it up and im just trying to get any advice before I
    >> encounter any problems.
    >>
    >> Thanks very much in advance, its much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Doughy
    >
    >Your plan sounds straight forward. There was a thread a few weeks ago about
    >gaming. Mostly it'll be fine, but wireless is a Half Duplex connection
    >(communicates in only one direction at a time) which will contribute to lag.
    >
    >Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

    Thanks i'll see how it goes when i move in,

    cheers
    doughy

    "Doug Jamal" <unimportantbishiv6atyahoodotcom@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Yes, it will work or at least it should. You can download the manual
    > from

    http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5D7130&lang=1&
    mode=

    > Anyway, I hope this helps. Take care.
    >
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:42:27 GMT, "Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes
    > @yah00.com> wrote:
    >
    > >"doughy" <doughnut@doughnut.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Im moving into my new house soon and when i get the adsl enabled I have
    > >> cheap adsl modem/router which im hoping to connect straight to my
    access
    > >> point, and then recieve my internet wirelessly to my pc.
    > >> My question is will this work ok and will it be ok for online gaming?
    > >Does
    > >> anyone know of a website for the Belkin F5D7130UK where I can get a
    good
    > >> setup guide or do you think I wont need this. I know its aweb based
    > >> interface to set it up and im just trying to get any advice before I
    > >> encounter any problems.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks very much in advance, its much appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Doughy
    > >
    > >Your plan sounds straight forward. There was a thread a few weeks ago
    about
    > >gaming. Mostly it'll be fine, but wireless is a Half Duplex connection
    > >(communicates in only one direction at a time) which will contribute to
    lag.

    > >Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

Wireless Internet Belkin Wireless Networking