Paladin as new character, questions

After playing Diablo for about three years we finally completed the Hell
level with Barbarian as our character. Off line only
We started another character Paladin mainly because we wanted one with
combat skills and that spell stuff confuses me. This again will be off
line only. We're only at level four right now and I wanted to ask before
I wasted a lot of points like I did in my Barbarian before coming here
and asking.
I only found a couple threads relating to this character and they were
online questions.
My questions is if my character is going to do hand to hand or what ever
you call it should I start out with 20 points in blessed hammer and
maybe several points in Smite?
I guess this is a dumb question and maybe because I just sold everything
I didn't need. I don't even remember seeing any hammers while playing
the last time other than that great big mallet thing. I assume there are
others and there is a hammer class of weapons?
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about paladin character questions

    "Karen" <karen402@nomail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > After playing Diablo for about three years we finally completed the Hell
    > level with Barbarian as our character. Off line only
    > We started another character Paladin mainly because we wanted one with
    > combat skills and that spell stuff confuses me. This again will be off
    > line only. We're only at level four right now and I wanted to ask before
    > I wasted a lot of points like I did in my Barbarian before coming here
    > and asking.
    > I only found a couple threads relating to this character and they were
    > online questions.
    > My questions is if my character is going to do hand to hand or what ever
    > you call it should I start out with 20 points in blessed hammer and
    > maybe several points in Smite?
    > I guess this is a dumb question and maybe because I just sold everything
    > I didn't need. I don't even remember seeing any hammers while playing
    > the last time other than that great big mallet thing. I assume there are
    > others and there is a hammer class of weapons?
    > Thanks

    The "Blessed" hammer is a magic hammer that flies around you and hurts the
    enemies. It's not a weapon or a weapon improvement it's a spell.

    From your mail I read that you possibly like a paladin that uses Zeal or
    Vengeance. A Zealot hits very fast, up to 6 times a second. His skill points
    go into Zeal, Fanaticism, Holy Shield and Sacrifice, a synergy that
    increases the damage of Zeal. There is an Avenger thread, too. Read it and
    decide if you like it more. Most of what is discussed for battlenet play
    fits SP requirements, too.

    Hope this helps until the experts jump in :)

    Rudi

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:16:17 +0100, "Falko Rudolph"
    <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote:

    >"Karen" <karen402@nomail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> After playing Diablo for about three years we finally completed the Hell
    >> level with Barbarian as our character. Off line only
    >> We started another character Paladin mainly because we wanted one with
    >> combat skills and that spell stuff confuses me. This again will be off
    >> line only. We're only at level four right now and I wanted to ask before
    >> I wasted a lot of points like I did in my Barbarian before coming here
    >> and asking.
    >> I only found a couple threads relating to this character and they were
    >> online questions.
    >> My questions is if my character is going to do hand to hand or what ever
    >> you call it should I start out with 20 points in blessed hammer and
    >> maybe several points in Smite?
    >> I guess this is a dumb question and maybe because I just sold everything
    >> I didn't need. I don't even remember seeing any hammers while playing
    >> the last time other than that great big mallet thing. I assume there are
    >> others and there is a hammer class of weapons?
    >> Thanks
    >
    >The "Blessed" hammer is a magic hammer that flies around you and hurts the
    >enemies. It's not a weapon or a weapon improvement it's a spell.
    >
    >From your mail I read that you possibly like a paladin that uses Zeal or
    >Vengeance. A Zealot hits very fast, up to 6 times a second. His skill points
    >go into Zeal, Fanaticism, Holy Shield and Sacrifice, a synergy that
    >increases the damage of Zeal. There is an Avenger thread, too. Read it and
    >decide if you like it more. Most of what is discussed for battlenet play
    >fits SP requirements, too.
    >
    >Hope this helps until the experts jump in :)
    >
    >Rudi
    I guess Blessed hammer is not what we want. We want something to hit
    with.
    Thanks

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:22:07 GMT, "Hawk" <nighthawk012663@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    Ok, I have to ask: Is this the same "Hawk" I used to IM with all the
    time?

    ald