Ha!

After a year and a half of playing, I have finally brought my first
character into hell. Sardonicus sent his skellies and assorted other
minons against Nightmare Baal last night, and didn't need a single
healing potion (just a bunch of mana pots to keep the bone spirits
coming). He then tested the waters and found the blood moor to be
much the same as NM /players 8 blood moor.

The rest of Act 1 will probably be a bitch, since the computer has
decided that it occasionally wants to run the game in kaliedescopic
pinks, purples and lime greens instead of the regular colours- this
seems to be fixed only by taking a Wp from one act to another. Until
I get to Act II, this won't be an option.

So, how long did it take you to get your first character into hell?
---The Mad Alchemist---
http://www.mad-alchemy.com
Email sent to the above address, unless clearly marked
as wine or heraldry, will be deleted unread.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:33:07 -0800, Darren George <madalch@starmail.com>
wrote:

> Ha!
>
> After a year and a half of playing, I have finally brought my first
> character into hell. Sardonicus sent his skellies and assorted other
> minons against Nightmare Baal last night, and didn't need a single
> healing potion (just a bunch of mana pots to keep the bone spirits
> coming). He then tested the waters and found the blood moor to be
> much the same as NM /players 8 blood moor.
>
> The rest of Act 1 will probably be a bitch, since the computer has
> decided that it occasionally wants to run the game in kaliedescopic
> pinks, purples and lime greens instead of the regular colours- this
> seems to be fixed only by taking a Wp from one act to another. Until
> I get to Act II, this won't be an option.
>
> So, how long did it take you to get your first character into hell?

Don't ask.

Still wouldn't be there if not for this group.

--
freemont

Darren George wrote:
> Ha!
>
> After a year and a half of playing, I have finally brought my first
> character into hell. Sardonicus sent his skellies and assorted other
> minons against Nightmare Baal last night, and didn't need a single
> healing potion (just a bunch of mana pots to keep the bone spirits
> coming). He then tested the waters and found the blood moor to be
> much the same as NM /players 8 blood moor.
>
> The rest of Act 1 will probably be a bitch, since the computer has
> decided that it occasionally wants to run the game in kaliedescopic
> pinks, purples and lime greens instead of the regular colours- this
> seems to be fixed only by taking a Wp from one act to another. Until
> I get to Act II, this won't be an option.
try using alt-tab I had the same problem before. For some unknown
reason it just stopped...hasent happened in several months.

<madalch@starmail.com> wrote:

>The rest of Act 1 will probably be a bitch, since the computer has
>decided that it occasionally wants to run the game in kaliedescopic
>pinks, purples and lime greens instead of the regular colours- this
>seems to be fixed only by taking a Wp from one act to another. Until
>I get to Act II, this won't be an option.
>
>So, how long did it take you to get your first character into hell?
>---The Mad Alchemist---

Have you tried alt-tabbing out of the game and then coming back? That
always fixes it for me, although I only have the problem occasionally,
and almost always it's when I'm just starting the game up.

As far as getting the first character to Hell (and through it), I did
that in D2 when it was at version 1.04 or .05 (whichever was after
they fixed the bow bug, and they had nerfed Strafe, but I hadn't
upgraded yet). In LoD, I've gotten a few Realms characters to it (two
through, but one was a co-op character that probably wouldn't have
made it without a *lot* of help), quite a few mod characters, but I'm
not sure I've made it there with a regular LoD character. I *do* have
the Slayer Bowazon that I've been talking about in here in the current
rotation, just a hair over 3 acts to go before she gets to Hell, and
I've only been working on her since July.

ald