Hell Forge Rush

Is there any way to get a new char to hell w/o doing the ancients, and
therefore without having to be lvl 40 (for NM ancients)?

BadCo

"Gary Scoggins" <notforhire@postnobills.org> wrote in message
> Is there any way to get a new char to hell w/o doing the ancients, and
> therefore without having to be lvl 40 (for NM ancients)?

Couple of ways, rush them in D2 classic to act 2 hell and then convert them
to LOD, or have them sitting in town and partied up when an eligable char
kills baal for the quest.

"john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message

> "Gary Scoggins" <notforhire@postnobills.org> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to get a new char to hell w/o doing the ancients, and
>> therefore without having to be lvl 40 (for NM ancients)?
>
> Couple of ways, rush them in D2 classic to act 2 hell and then convert
> them
> to LOD, or have them sitting in town and partied up when an eligable char
> kills baal for the quest.

rush them TO act3 hell(or PAST act2)...

peace,
kyle

kylel4 wrote:
> "john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message
>
> rush them TO act3 hell(or PAST act2)...

Oh well, B.net has banned me for muling, so may be I can toss in some
thoughts.

The Classic-Conversion method requires building a Classic rusher and
rushing the mule(s) to Hell Act4. Each time you can only rush x-1
mules (x = # of computers you have the game installed).

I have figured out a way to self-rush x mules to Hell Act4. The
requirement is that you have more than one computer (ie, x > 1), and
that you have a high level char who can clear the paths and give way
points to the mule(s). This is similar to Brian's way but this Smiter
is designed to finish the job at level 41 or so, and therefore the
lead time for the process is much shorter (probably in a day if you
are fast). This method is inspired by Hannes Brunner's adventures of
Yallat.

Why use a Smiter? Because he can comfortably kill Normal Baal at
level 2x, and he's the only char who can comfortably kill Hell Duriel,
Mephisto, and Diablo (whom you actually don't need to kill) at level
41 without even having to drink a pot. He can do so with very
ordinary items that you won't feel sorry to lose should he fails his
mission (I play HC so failure may mean losing the equipment.) My
typical gear setup for such build is full Iratha set, Spirit Shroud,
"Black" flail, Goblin Toe, "Spirit" Guilded shield, and a weapon with
Life Tap charges on switch.

Bing

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, "Gary Scoggins" wrote:

>> Is there any way to get a new char to hell w/o doing the ancients, and
>> therefore without having to be lvl 40 (for NM ancients)?
>>
>> BadCo

I have 4 computers on one DSL line, and play 4 characters at once.

3 are mules.

When I get the quest (any quest) with the player character the mules in
town get the same quest.

So I run one char to hell act IV towing 3 mules along, then get the
hellforge quest for each of the 4.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Can you do this with 1 computer?

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, "Gary Scoggins" wrote:
>
> >> Is there any way to get a new char to hell w/o doing the ancients, and
> >> therefore without having to be lvl 40 (for NM ancients)?
> >>
> >> BadCo
> >>

> I have 4 computers on one DSL line, and play 4 characters at once.
>
> 3 are mules.
>
> When I get the quest (any quest) with the player character the mules in
> town get the same quest.
>
> So I run one char to hell act IV towing 3 mules along, then get the
> hellforge quest for each of the 4.
>

> --
>
> USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Hi,

"Oliasys" <netaddict@ec.rr.com> wrote in

>> I have 4 computers on one DSL line, and play 4 characters at once.
>>
>> 3 are mules.

[top-quoting adjusted]

> Can you do this with 1 computer?

actually, you can run 2 Diablo session on one WinXP machine with only one
CD-key (at least it works for me). But only in Single-player and not on
B-net.

- activate fast user switching under XP and create 2 user accounts
- Diablo only needs to be installed under the first user
- Start TCP/IP game with user1
- Fast switch to user2, start Diablo and join the user1 game
- Switch back and forth between the 2 Diablo sessions as needed

You can only play one char at a time, but as we are talking about mules
and rushing, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. The second session
might be somewhat slower as the first, though.

Come to think of it, if you got enough RAM and CPU horsepower, you might
even manage a 3rd session this way. I never got around to try this, but
will do sometime.

Regards,

Oliver

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:09:12 +0100, Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de>
wrote:

>actually, you can run 2 Diablo session on one WinXP machine with only one
>CD-key (at least it works for me). But only in Single-player and not on
>B-net.
>
>- activate fast user switching under XP and create 2 user accounts
>- Diablo only needs to be installed under the first user
>- Start TCP/IP game with user1
>- Fast switch to user2, start Diablo and join the user1 game
>- Switch back and forth between the 2 Diablo sessions as needed
>
>You can only play one char at a time, but as we are talking about mules
>and rushing, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. The second session
>might be somewhat slower as the first, though.
>
>Come to think of it, if you got enough RAM and CPU horsepower, you might
>even manage a 3rd session this way. I never got around to try this, but
>will do sometime.
>
>Regards,
>
>Oliver

There's a way to do it under any OS, too, with a hacked .dll that
allows you to run multiple copies of the game simultaneously.
Unfortunately, the website I got it from is gone, the new one doesn't
appear to be working
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SteelLord/diablo.html , and all of my
copies of it are on the old machine :-(

Here we go, this one seems to work: