3d glasses?

shallowbaby

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
just wondering what's the deal with the 3d shutter glasses for the geforce4 ti's... are they any good? and what games/apps have 3d that you can use them.. would be nice if they're comparable to imax.. heh

<font color=green> there's more to life than increasing its speed -Ghandi</font color=green>

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
They suck. They aren't ergonomic and will hurt if you wear them for more than 30 minutes. The perspective and distances are confusing to set up, and there is practically no fanbase or tech support for them to uncover issues and allow more compatibility with games.

There are also some bugs with current games and drivers for the 3d glasses haven't been updated since last year.

This little cathode light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

jpscfl

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2002
"They suck." Unfortunately, that is an accurate analysis!

I got a set with my Gef4 and never got them to work reliably. Lots of settings to choose, different drivers to choose, game compatibility problems, intermittent operation... Just way too many problems to make these worthwhile. My best result was shutter operation for about 20 seconds, then they stopped, then shutters started working again. I sent them back for a refund.

Earthdog

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
IVe been asking about these alot lately and Im getting the same answers. They Suck. Ive even heard they leave you dizzy.

There are alot of games in 3d that support them. MAny games on OpenGL and Direct 3D should work automaticly. OF course the quality will always be questionable.

From what Ive heard----- skip them.

If its not broke dont fix it.