Mule inventory software? Just my little dream...

I have quite a few mules, with constantly changing inventory. Not that i'd
ever use it, because I don't tend to trust unknown software (due to all the
hackers out there) but it sure would be nice if there was some way to load a
char, hit a button, and capture the inventory with all the stats for all
items (into excel or access), so I could search for items when trading and
get the right mule first time. Or be able to tell people what I have without
going to look.

Of course, it would also be nice if it had a built in algorithm of some kind
of relative value- for example, a 15 IAS is worth less than a 15 IAS with +8
damage, which is worth less than a 15/40. Not sure how to do different
items, since online trade values are always changing.

So I'd never use it unless I could figure out how to program it myself (now
that is really dreaming) but it sure would be nice. Oh well, rant over.

"K Ruck" <nospam@nospam.edu> wrote in message
>I have quite a few mules, with constantly changing inventory. Not that i'd
> ever use it, because I don't tend to trust unknown software (due to all
> the
> hackers out there) but it sure would be nice if there was some way to load
> char, hit a button, and capture the inventory with all the stats for all
> items (into excel or access), so I could search for items when trading and
> get the right mule first time. Or be able to tell people what I have
> without
> going to look.
>
> Of course, it would also be nice if it had a built in algorithm of some
> kind
> of relative value- for example, a 15 IAS is worth less than a 15 IAS with
> +8
> damage, which is worth less than a 15/40. Not sure how to do different
> items, since online trade values are always changing.
>
> So I'd never use it unless I could figure out how to program it myself
> (now
> that is really dreaming) but it sure would be nice. Oh well, rant over.

there was a module for d2hackit(yes, its evil, whatever) written by
mousepad(the author of the original maphack) that would dump all items for a
given char(even items in stash) for the current character to a html file, so
its definately possible in theory... I wanted to try and find the source of
it myself, to tweak the html and also try to list item stats and sort as you
said by value(well, stats really). unfortunately this module isnt updated
for 1.10 so you are probably SOL as I havent seen an updated or nicer
version(although its quite possible there is one... check blizzhackers).

PS: flame away for my discussion of hacks...

peace,
kyle