How long can I use these sets?

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

On a whim I decided to make an Axe-man Barbarian, mainly for the Blood
weapons. After killing Bloodraven I gave in to the voices of the
darkness and twinked him with set items I've been muling. Currently
he's wearing full Berserkers and Hsarus along with Arctic mitts. When he
reach's lvl 12 he can put on the Angelic Halo and the ring and amulet
from Cthan's Traps (mainly for the fire damage).

So, how far can I go before I have to replace the Berserker's Hatchet?
And how long before I have to seriously upgrade for resistance's?

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:03:52 +1030, Watchman
<stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:

>On a whim I decided to make an Axe-man Barbarian, mainly for the Blood
>weapons. After killing Bloodraven I gave in to the voices of the
>darkness and twinked him with set items I've been muling. Currently
>he's wearing full Berserkers and Hsarus along with Arctic mitts. When he
>reach's lvl 12 he can put on the Angelic Halo and the ring and amulet
>from Cthan's Traps (mainly for the fire damage).
>
>So, how far can I go before I have to replace the Berserker's Hatchet?
>And how long before I have to seriously upgrade for resistance's?
>
>Watchman :)

Replace it and the helm asap...the splint is the only "good" part of
that set ("good" being relative).

Resists *shouldn't* be a problem until nightmare, where the penalty
kicks in.

"Watchman" <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote in message

> On a whim I decided to make an Axe-man Barbarian, mainly for the Blood
> weapons. After killing Bloodraven I gave in to the voices of the
> darkness and twinked him with set items I've been muling. Currently
> he's wearing full Berserkers and Hsarus along with Arctic mitts. When he
> reach's lvl 12 he can put on the Angelic Halo and the ring and amulet
> from Cthan's Traps (mainly for the fire damage).
>
> So, how far can I go before I have to replace the Berserker's Hatchet?
> And how long before I have to seriously upgrade for resistance's?
>
> Watchman :)
> --
> 'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

LOL in 1.09 SC I would use those to level 30.... now I play all HC and would
say level 12 is about it.

angst aka poindexstar

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:03:52 +1030, Watchman wrote:

> So, how far can I go before I have to replace the Berserker's Hatchet?
> And how long before I have to seriously upgrade for resistance's?

I completed normal on HCL with Berserker's last season, that was up until
level 45 before i switched to sigon's with which i completed nightmare.

But that was mainly because i was poor and didn't have other gear, but it
can be done :)

--
Sonni

Watchman wrote:
> On a whim I decided to make an Axe-man Barbarian, mainly for the Blood
> weapons. After killing Bloodraven I gave in to the voices of the
> darkness and twinked him with set items I've been muling. Currently
> he's wearing full Berserkers and Hsarus along with Arctic mitts. When
> he reach's lvl 12 he can put on the Angelic Halo and the ring and
> amulet from Cthan's Traps (mainly for the fire damage).
>
> So, how far can I go before I have to replace the Berserker's Hatchet?
> And how long before I have to seriously upgrade for resistance's?
>
> Watchman :)

As others have said, your Berserkers isn't long for this world--IMO it's
almost not even worth the stash space to pick those pieces up. The low
level sets your barb *will* like are Sigons, Angelic, and Iratha's. Mixing
and matching pieces of those sets will carry your barb all the way through
normal, and you can still use your Sigon gloves, boots, and belt on into NM
a bit if you want.

Isenhart's works pretty well for your A3 merc, too, if you decide to pick
one up for the rest of normal.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:48:31 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>As others have said, your Berserkers isn't long for this world--IMO it's
>almost not even worth the stash space to pick those pieces up. The low
>level sets your barb *will* like are Sigons, Angelic, and Iratha's. Mixing
>and matching pieces of those sets will carry your barb all the way through
>normal, and you can still use your Sigon gloves, boots, and belt on into NM
>a bit if you want.
>
>Isenhart's works pretty well for your A3 merc, too, if you decide to pick
>one up for the rest of normal.
>
>--
>chainbreaker

The other one I've been able to use well into Normal is the Death's
Guard. *Highly* under-rated, IMNSHO.

ald