senojnw

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2002
I am having trouble with my LG Flatron 775FT running on an Asus V7100 Geforce2 MX 32Mb. The problem begain with the image onscreen constantly resizing/reshaping particularly around the edges, now the screen has started intermittant jittering. I am running it on 1024 x 768 with the latest nVidia Detonator drivers. Have had the monitor checked out my LG techos and there is aparrently nothing wrong with it!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Did you exceed the refresh rate of your monitor?

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Do you have anything that produces a magnetic field near the monitor? Some speaker can cause this symptom. Try resetting the monitor if it has a reset button or deguass it from the menu. Maybe even try moving it to another location in your house/office. These are only possibilities that cost nothing, so you have nothing to loose.

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

senojnw

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2002
thanks for your help. I have moved three times in the last few months so have tried the monitor in various different locations, in various different houses!! Still the same problem!! Nothing around the monitor either that may cause interference - I have heard of wiring in the wall causing problems too... I am thinking I might try a friends monitor on my system to see if I get the same problem?

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I hope you find the cause. It sounds like interference to me. Yeah, good idea to borrow someone else's monitor to see if the problem is the same.

Some other things that can cause RFI: fluorescent light, laser printer, electric fans, metal shelves, and bad power supply/surge suppressor/UPS. True house wiring could be a cause as well. Maybe try increasing the refresh rate (but don't exceed it's limit) may help. Good luck!

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
Yes, the easier (the lighter) variant is to change the videocard and to see what will be. You may also inform us on the result.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

senojnw

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2002
Hi again,
Looks like I will be able to try it out with a friends 19" flatscreen on the weekend. Had a chat to him about it last night and he has seen a similar thing at work... He reckons it definitely sounds like a monitor issue - the problem he saw was with the power supply in the monitor - and the resizing/distorting changed depending on whether the dominant colours on the screen were light or dark ie. how hard the monitor is working. I have noticed the same - a slight resizing when I open up a lighter or darker window when browsing and a faint hiss / whine coming from the monitor depending on whether I have a light or dark screen. Unusually - the hiss is there with my blue desktop but not a white screen of text?? shouldn't white be when the monitor is working hardest?

Tried it on my G/F's laptop last night and distortion / flicker still seemed to be there - but was running it off the power supply from my PC (as that is the plug I have) - so not a 'true' test!! Ahhh!! Could it be the power supply in my PC do you think? Or is it sounding more like my monitor?

Tests for the weekend:
1) My monitor on friends laptop...
2) Friends monitor on my system...

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
When I mentioned power supply in my post above, I meant the power supply in the monitor. If that is the case you may want to exchange it or notify Samsung Tech Support. I hope that's not the case, but it sounds like its a monitor problem to me. Let me know how the test comes out. Thanks for posting the update.

senojnw

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2002
thanks...
the 19" I am borrowing plugs straight into the mains anyway - so a test with that will eliminate the possibility of it being video. Then I will get back onto LG and get it replaced/fixed - will keep you posted with the results
thanks for all the help

senojnw

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2002
Well,
test completed - my PC ran the 19" Dell (Sony Trinitron) flatscreen with no problems. Cranked the resolution right up and ran a few games with no hassles whatsoever. My friend could also see the distortion around the edges I was talking about (so I'm not just being fussy) - the jittering didn't happen for him at the time though... So back onto LG I guess??

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I hope you can get a replacement/repair. Good luck!