NV3x Sneak Peek!!

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Take a look at <A HREF="http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/1434621" target="_new">this</A>. Seems pretty impressive. Hopefully ATI'll have something to counter this :smile: .

:lol: Finally, I get a capitalized title!! WOOT!! :lol:

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Don't see what's there to be impressed about.

I do, however, know that I will be impressed when the card does come out. nVidia has always been able to deliver fairly reliably. As of right now, shame on you nVidia for coming out with all this ATi bashing. (you know it's ATi bashing when they don't have any hardware to show for it.)

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
When comparing numbers, I guess both ATi and nVidia made a quantum leap with their respective soon-to-be new offerings (9700 and GF5?), one sooner than the other, when compared to the former products (8500 and GF4).

<font color=red>A platform is not an oil rig.</font color=red>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Well, i read through the article, there's really not much new there, and there's definitely no ATI bashing...they don't make a single comparison to ATI directly and i couldnt pick up on any indirect ones. The Cg language has been coming on for a while now and been shaping up nicely. Its been advertised quietly for some time and it'll only come out more and more frequently as the new nVidia cards come available. Its a pretty cool idea and so far its well implemented.

Sounts to me like nVidia's just doing business as usually and keeping things moving...fair enough, standard marketing.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out