Ethics of trading an eth bonesnap

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I found an ethereal bonesnap on the ladder (USEast softcore). I'm
assuming it's worth something to someone such as a low-level dueler,
but it's probably worth the most to a low-level hammer/charge pally
pk'er. Since it's softcore, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too unethical
to trade it. But should I just keep it rather than potentially
empowering another pk'er?

On 31 Jan 2005 10:09:57 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net>
wrote:

>I found an ethereal bonesnap on the ladder (USEast softcore). I'm
>assuming it's worth something to someone such as a low-level dueler,
>but it's probably worth the most to a low-level hammer/charge pally
>pk'er. Since it's softcore, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too unethical
>to trade it. But should I just keep it rather than potentially
>empowering another pk'er?

Do PKers still exist on SC? That seems like a *really* pointless
exercise......I can see your point if it was hardcore, but on
softcore.....

I'd trade it.

Just my 2p

Tim

Paul

Splendid

"Tim Nicholson" <tim@spamtrap.intergrowl.com> wrote in message
> On 31 Jan 2005 10:09:57 -0800, "phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I found an ethereal bonesnap on the ladder (USEast softcore). I'm
>>assuming it's worth something to someone such as a low-level dueler,
>>but it's probably worth the most to a low-level hammer/charge pally
>>pk'er. Since it's softcore, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too unethical
>>to trade it. But should I just keep it rather than potentially
>>empowering another pk'er?
>
> Do PKers still exist on SC? That seems like a *really* pointless
> exercise......I can see your point if it was hardcore, but on
> softcore.....
>
> I'd trade it.
>
> Just my 2p
>
> Tim

lol, high sense of self imposed morality, very low sense of thought process.

1. a junk weapon like that isn't going to be of much value to a high level
character of any kind.
2. what's wrong with pk? jerks come in ALL varieties, including PvP and PvM.
as long as everybody involved knows that its a duel game, what's YOUR
problem with it????? do you also care whether i wear boxers or briefs?!?!?
get a life, and butt out of what OTHER people do for fun!
3. i sure wouldn't bother pking with a HC character. Waaaaaaaaaay too much
lag and other problems with battlenet. lose dozens or even hundreds of hours
on a character due to the realm going down? lol
4. your "ethics" are none of my business. if i WANTED to, a good HOTO is
only 3 bucks on ebay, so your anti-pk ethics mean nothing to those of us who
enjoy an occasional duel. KEEP your oversized club.

i don't mean to pick on you too much, but i think this whole attitude
against pk by some Diabloers is just downright silly. everyone should
respect everyone else's choices for play, and all should strive not to
sabotage another's enjoyment of the game.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:46:29 -0700, "paul" <nospam.riever@cox.net>
wrote:

>2. what's wrong with pk? jerks come in ALL varieties, including PvP and PvM.
>as long as everybody involved knows that its a duel game

That is *not* the definition of a PK that we're working with. What
we're talking about is someone who comes into our (regular, not duel)
game, probably tries to party up with us so that they know where we
are, then uses every trick possible to try to kill us unawares.

ald