Does anyone know the difference between these driv

Feral_One

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
I have a geforce4 Ti4400 from gainward. I have been using the 29.42 detonator drivers from nVidia's site. However I have IRQ problems and get BSoDs way too often. These orrur on average once a day. I don't know that it is my video card, but I am fairly certain it is.

On the gainward site, they show the current driver version at 29.80. I am now running these, but haven't played enough to see if the problem is persisting.

I am curious if anyone might know the difference, if any, between these driver versions. I've looked for information on them, but have had no luck finding any that woudl differentiate them.

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Difference probably wouldn't be BSOD's in my opinion. I would imagine your hardware is overheating or you have a lack of power coming from your power supply.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

Feral_One

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
XP Pro reports that it is a driver issue causing these problems. However, I don't know what piece pf hardware it is.

I really don't think it is power, and while it might be heat I rather doubt it since the problems don't occur consistantly during the hottest time of day.

The actual error listed is an IRQ_L issue