expired char really gone?

I've got an expired character with some really good eq. I have not
deleted the character. Is there anything I can do to get that eq, or is
it gone?

Thanks!

Doodles

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2004

I heard about a trick that probably won't work, but it's worth a try anyway.
If you can figure out when the character was supposed to expire, set the
date of your system clock to a day or so before that date and log in again.
The theory here is that the server hasn't "really" deleted the character
yet, and you might be able to fool it into thinking that you accessed it
before it expired.

As I said, it probably won't work, and it also probably would assume that
you are not MONTHS past the expiration date, but only a few days at most.
But it's worth a shot.

Alex Lazarevich wrote:
> I've got an expired character with some really good eq. I have not
> deleted the character. Is there anything I can do to get that eq, or is
> it gone?

You can test if the character is still on the server by changing your
local sytem time to a date where the char wasn't expired. This will
remove the red "Character expired". If you then still get a message
like: "Character not found on the server" or "Character expired" then
blizzard already deleted your char.

> Thanks!

No problem!

Sascha Hoemig