Kingston

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2004

She (Amazon) is playing SP at Arreat Summit she has no chance of winning
even with her merc.. My Amazon has come to the point where she only last
about 20 sec, then is killed..She is lvl 56, Bow 19-41 with +2 Bow skills.
Freeze Arrows 16 and Imob. arrows 20. I run, then shot an arrow, but that
hopping guy just keeps coming, and there is three of them . HELP

keith

Are you using Valkrie and Decoy?.
Try using Open wounds and Crushing blow especially on
act 2 Merc.Try a Defiance Merc as they can reduce how
often you get hit.Guided arrow can be better against bosses
especially if your having to run.Try doing a few boss runs
that are easier to get better items.

Check out these runewords(not all work single player)

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml
If you dont have many runes do some Countess runs (the tower act1)

Kingston wrote:
> She (Amazon) is playing SP at Arreat Summit she has no chance of
winning
> even with her merc.. My Amazon has come to the point where she only
last
> about 20 sec, then is killed..She is lvl 56, Bow 19-41 with +2 Bow
skills.
> Freeze Arrows 16 and Imob. arrows 20. I run, then shot an arrow, but
that
> hopping guy just keeps coming, and there is three of them . HELP

It's very, very, tough to deal with Hell Ancients at your current lvl
(56) even with the best equipment, and it looks like you are using
plain ordinary items.

Look at it this way, in a single player game, each of the three Hell
Ancients has 38-64k life, that's 51k life on average. What is your
damage? If they spawn with nasty mods, it's not uncommon that they can
do 700-1k damage in one hit. How much life do you have? They
typically have 2-3k defense. What is your AR? Hell Ancients are lvl
87 monsters, if you are more than 10 levels below that, you will have a
hell of a hard time hitting them and avoiding them.

Tactically, the hopping guy, Korlic, has a nasty habbit of chasing
female chars, which is good and bad at the same time. His leap attack
(that's why he hops, it's his huge attack) can easily be fatal whatever
mods he and his company spawn with, so either manage to let him hop on
to your valk or decoy, or cling on to him so that he can't hop. If he
spawns with so so mods, his regular attack is no big deal.

Bing

Kingston

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2004

I'm playing NM. My life is 566, Mana is 447 and the bow is Howling
Ceremonial using Freezing arrow L 20(damage 388-457) and Immolation arrow L.
24 (558-627). I have no points in passive and Magic skills. Merc is same lvl
as me, but I don't what Act he is from. He has a one-hand sword (damage
68-124). I guess that he needs a better sword.
I will check out runewords next.

"Bingain" <bingain@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Kingston wrote:
>> She (Amazon) is playing SP at Arreat Summit she has no chance of
> winning
>> even with her merc.. My Amazon has come to the point where she only
> last
>> about 20 sec, then is killed..She is lvl 56, Bow 19-41 with +2 Bow
> skills.
>> Freeze Arrows 16 and Imob. arrows 20. I run, then shot an arrow, but
> that
>> hopping guy just keeps coming, and there is three of them . HELP
>

> It's very, very, tough to deal with Hell Ancients at your current lvl
> (56) even with the best equipment, and it looks like you are using
> plain ordinary items.
>
> Look at it this way, in a single player game, each of the three Hell
> Ancients has 38-64k life, that's 51k life on average. What is your
> damage? If they spawn with nasty mods, it's not uncommon that they can
> do 700-1k damage in one hit. How much life do you have? They
> typically have 2-3k defense. What is your AR? Hell Ancients are lvl
> 87 monsters, if you are more than 10 levels below that, you will have a
> hell of a hard time hitting them and avoiding them.
>
> Tactically, the hopping guy, Korlic, has a nasty habbit of chasing
> female chars, which is good and bad at the same time. His leap attack
> (that's why he hops, it's his huge attack) can easily be fatal whatever
> mods he and his company spawn with, so either manage to let him hop on
> to your valk or decoy, or cling on to him so that he can't hop. If he
> spawns with so so mods, his regular attack is no big deal.
>

> Bing

You're sure, his amazon is in Hell (He didn't say so) ?
With only lvl 56 she's probably still in NM diff !?
So what's up, Kingston ??

Try putting some points into Critical Strike/Penetrate and Peircing. I've
found that's always a good few skills to have with an amazon. It's good at
increasing damage. Remember, Critical Strike increases your chance of doing
some Double Damage. What Merc is it? Barbarian? I've found that Act2 mercs
seem to help the best. Auras are handy. It may help to have the Defiance or
even Holy Freeze Merc. Holy Freeze may just help with the slowing down which
can make it easier for your Immolation Arrows to do some damage against not
so much Korlic but the other 2.

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

> I'm playing NM. My life is 566, Mana is 447 and the bow is Howling
> Ceremonial using Freezing arrow L 20(damage 388-457) and Immolation arrow
> L.
> 24 (558-627). I have no points in passive and Magic skills. Merc is same
> lvl
> as me, but I don't what Act he is from. He has a one-hand sword (damage
> 68-124). I guess that he needs a better sword.
> I will check out runewords next.
>
> "Kingston" <jjlowen@kingston.net> wrote in message
>> She (Amazon) is playing SP at Arreat Summit she has no chance of winning
>> even with her merc.. My Amazon has come to the point where she only last
>> about 20 sec, then is killed..She is lvl 56, Bow 19-41 with +2 Bow
>> skills.
>> Freeze Arrows 16 and Imob. arrows 20. I run, then shot an arrow, but that
>> hopping guy just keeps coming, and there is three of them . HELP

I'd recommend a "Might" merc (Act 2 NM offensive).

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Try putting some points into Critical Strike/Penetrate and Peircing. I've
> found that's always a good few skills to have with an amazon. It's good at
> increasing damage. Remember, Critical Strike increases your chance of
> doing some Double Damage. What Merc is it? Barbarian? I've found that
> Act2 mercs seem to help the best. Auras are handy. It may help to have the
> Defiance or even Holy Freeze Merc. Holy Freeze may just help with the
> slowing down which can make it easier for your Immolation Arrows to do
> some damage against not so much Korlic but the other 2.
>
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
>

> "Kingston" <jjlowen@kingston.net> wrote in message
>> I'm playing NM. My life is 566, Mana is 447 and the bow is Howling
>> Ceremonial using Freezing arrow L 20(damage 388-457) and Immolation arrow
>> L.
>> 24 (558-627). I have no points in passive and Magic skills. Merc is same
>> lvl
>> as me, but I don't what Act he is from. He has a one-hand sword (damage
>> 68-124). I guess that he needs a better sword.
>> I will check out runewords next.
>>
>> "Kingston" <jjlowen@kingston.net> wrote in message
>>> She (Amazon) is playing SP at Arreat Summit she has no chance of winning
>>> even with her merc.. My Amazon has come to the point where she only last
>>> about 20 sec, then is killed..She is lvl 56, Bow 19-41 with +2 Bow
>>> skills.
>>> Freeze Arrows 16 and Imob. arrows 20. I run, then shot an arrow, but
>>> that
>>> hopping guy just keeps coming, and there is three of them . HELP

"Kingston" <jjlowen@kingston.net> wrote:

[snip]
>I have no points in passive and Magic skills.

You're kidding, no? :)

Maybe you didn't need those skills up to now, but in WSK, against
Baal's minions and Baal himself you will. And later on in hell
difficulty you won't live longer than that 20 seconds, when stepping
out into the blood moors and meet the first smaller pack of monsters.

You will need at least Decoy to have some sort of tank, but the best
tank you can get is the valkyrie, which becomes more powerful with
each point you're spending.

Put 1 point each into Dodge, Avoid and Evade, 1 into Critical Strike
and Pierce, and me I prefer to max Penetrate (for the AR boost). The
named 1 point skills will enhance with +skills items. I made the
experience that more points into those are a waste, as around lvl 7 or
8 the amount of better chances are not that getting better from level
to level.

And on Ancients: for a bowazon it's all about running. Have stamina
potions at hand, so that you won't run out of stamina (and then get
killing hits), and if you see that you won't be able to kill them,
cast a TP to stop fighting as the loss of experience every time is too
high; you need more exp to level up and get the skill points for
"passive and magic".

(If you have trouble finding good items and don't feel the need of
playing an untwinked char, use ATMA to get a better bow, good jewelry
and so on.)

J:
NP: -
--