Grisworld Avenger

Hi there,

I need advice on socketing my Grisworld set for my Avenger Pally.
Max vengeance, max conviction, a few hard points in the three resists
for vengeance boost, rest of points in Holy shield, coming up good
except mana lech which is sometimes still a problem. Well, mana pots are
here for that.
Using an act 2 Defiance merc (best way not to die is not to get hit). So
far I socketed the shield with 3 rbfs (cold/fire/light), the helm with 2
Ums (and now I really don't care about elemental damage). I also put 3
PULs into the armor, got from 940 to 13xx def, but this one is easy to
change if need be.
Now, the weapon. I finally got a 4 socks one. I need some IAS, so 1 or 2
shaels will certainly be dropped into it. This leaves at least 2 sockets
and I am wondering oif it is worth trying to get more physical damage,
either with an ED jewel or, if I am rich enough, some OHMs.

Any thought appreciated.
Sincerely,
JG

John Gallet wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I need advice on socketing my Grisworld set for my Avenger Pally.
> Max vengeance, max conviction, a few hard points in the three resists
> for vengeance boost, rest of points in Holy shield, coming up good
> except mana lech which is sometimes still a problem. Well, mana pots are
> here for that.

Mana leech rings, and manald heal for start and later some nice dual
leech crafted with AR should take care of that.

> Using an act 2 Defiance merc (best way not to die is not to get hit). So
> far I socketed the shield with 3 rbfs (cold/fire/light), the helm with 2
> Ums (and now I really don't care about elemental damage). I also put 3
> PULs into the armor, got from 940 to 13xx def, but this one is easy to
> change if need be.

Hmm, seems like a good waste of 2 good runes (the um's), with 3 pdiamond
ind the shield you would have been at 87 res all in hell.
If you have trouble hitting in hell you should get a blessed aim merc,
it will help a little on the mana leech problem too, ot get a might merc
for boosting your physical damage and that would raise your mana leech,
you should be pretty safe already with holy shield defense bonus and
block bonus.

> Now, the weapon. I finally got a 4 socks one. I need some IAS, so 1 or 2
> shaels will certainly be dropped into it. This leaves at least 2 sockets
> and I am wondering oif it is worth trying to get more physical damage,
> either with an ED jewel or, if I am rich enough, some OHMs.

Put in runes or jewels to reach the breakpoints you can, and ofcourse
40%ED/15%IAS gives you 2 things you like.

--
Sonni

John Gallet wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I need advice on socketing my Grisworld set for my Avenger Pally.
> Max vengeance, max conviction, a few hard points in the three resists

> for vengeance boost, rest of points in Holy shield, coming up good
> except mana lech which is sometimes still a problem. Well, mana pots
are
> here for that.
> Using an act 2 Defiance merc (best way not to die is not to get hit).
So
> far I socketed the shield with 3 rbfs (cold/fire/light), the helm
with 2
> Ums (and now I really don't care about elemental damage). I also put
3
> PULs into the armor, got from 940 to 13xx def, but this one is easy
> change if need be.
> Now, the weapon. I finally got a 4 socks one. I need some IAS, so 1
or 2
> shaels will certainly be dropped into it. This leaves at least 2
sockets
> and I am wondering oif it is worth trying to get more physical
damage,
> either with an ED jewel or, if I am rich enough, some OHMs.
>
> Any thought appreciated.
> Sincerely,
> JG

Well, to get to 8 frames you need an additional 70 IAS. Or if you just
want 9 frames, you need 20 more. Obviously, these are not too hard if
you have all those sockets in your caddy.

I repeat what Sonni said about those Ums in your helmet... Just 3
pdiamonds in shield = 87 res all in hell.

Depending on what you want to do, I would go for PTopaz in helm and
armour for mf. Or you could put all your IAS jewels in armour and helm
and then leave all the ED jewels (or Ohm) for the weapon. Rubies are
always OK too.

Others have told you how to get more Mana, there's also the flashing of
Redemption for a quick mana boost between, and sometimes even during,
battles.

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:28:25 -0800, phil wrote:

> Blessed aim merc with an insight polearm should cure both AR and mana
> issues.

Hmmm, i thought i wrote, but it must slipped :)
This is actual what i'm going to do when i find a eth unique 4 socket
polearm.

--
Sonni