Popular Noob Question

Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -

My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years ago, and
took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his old computer, and a CD
wallet of software including the D2 disks. He has a new PC and is spending
all his time on WOW.

When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give the me jewel
cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So here's the question: Where
can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want to
install and play single-player.

Advice? <cringes>

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message news:4207e476_2@127.0.0.1...
> Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
>
> My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years ago, and
> took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his old computer, and a
> CD wallet of software including the D2 disks. He has a new PC and is
> spending all his time on WOW.
>
> When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give the me
> jewel cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So here's the question:
> Where can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want
> to install and play single-player.
>
> Advice? <cringes>

This may seem obvious but seeing as you don't appear to be the usual troll I
will ask anyway, Did you ask your brother for the jewel case with the CD Key
or if he wrote it down somewhere?

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

"Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
> "HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message news:4207e476_2@127.0.0.1...
>> Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
>>
>> My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years ago, and
>> took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his old computer, and a
>> CD wallet of software including the D2 disks. He has a new PC and is
>> spending all his time on WOW.
>>
>> When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give the me
>> jewel cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So here's the question:
>> Where can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want
>> to install and play single-player.
>>
>> Advice? <cringes>
>
> This may seem obvious but seeing as you don't appear to be the usual troll
> I will ask anyway, Did you ask your brother for the jewel case with the CD
> Key or if he wrote it down somewhere?

Nope - I asked. I just told him I posted the Q on this NG and he laughed
his ass off.

He also gave me BG2. I know that will be good - and no stupid keys needed.

HooHa wrote:
> Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -

This is where a FAQ is helpful. :)

> My brother gave me his game disks.
[...]
> So here's the question:
> Where
> can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want
> to install and play single-player.

http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html#need-key
Or ask a friend for his keys.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, "HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote:

>> Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
>>
>> My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years ago, and
>> took it off his hard drive last year.

If the game files are on his system disk still, they have the keys
encoded and showcdkey.exe will reveal them.

>> He gave me his old computer, and a CD
>> wallet of software including the D2 disks. He has a new PC

New hard drive? Where is the old hard drive?

>> When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give the me jewel
>> cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So here's the question: Where
>> can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want to
>> install and play single-player.

You can guess key combo's until one works, if you never go online you'll
never be using somebody elses' key...

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

HooHa wrote:
> "Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
> > "HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
> > >
> > > My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years
> > > ago, and took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his
> > > old computer, and a CD wallet of software including the D2
> > > disks. He has a new PC and is spending all his time on WOW.
> >
> > This may seem obvious but seeing as you don't appear to be the
> > usual troll I will ask anyway, Did you ask your brother for the
> > jewel case with the CD Key or if he wrote it down somewhere?
> >

> Nope - I asked. I just told him I posted the Q on this NG and he
> laughed
> his ass off.
>
> He also gave me BG2. I know that will be good - and no stupid keys
> needed.

But no interesting online play either. I found the sorcerer most
interesting btw.

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> HooHa wrote:
>> "Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
>> > "HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message

>> > This may seem obvious but seeing as you don't appear to be the
>> > usual troll I will ask anyway, Did you ask your brother for the
>> > jewel case with the CD Key or if he wrote it down somewhere?
>> >

>> Nope - I asked. I just told him I posted the Q on this NG and he
>> laughed
>> his ass off.
>>
>> He also gave me BG2. I know that will be good - and no stupid keys
>> needed.
>
> But no interesting online play either. I found the sorcerer most
> interesting btw.

Tx

I found what I needed on P2P.

I looked over the chars and chose a Necromancer to begin with.

Quite fun ! This is one of those addictive things, huh? I'm already up too
late...

Dont know if this work, but try:
G2KZ-HNKG-B2NX-ZGJ7
or
EBPE-F7XN-9HWC-K97K

"HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message news:4207e476_2@127.0.0.1...
> Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
>
> My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years ago, and
> took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his old computer, and a
> CD wallet of software including the D2 disks. He has a new PC and is
> spending all his time on WOW.
>
> When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give the me
> jewel cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So here's the question:
> Where can I get a CD Key? I don't care about going online - I just want
> to install and play single-player.
>
> Advice? <cringes>

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

[quoting adjusted]

Bertram wrote:
> "HooHa" <Not@Home.com> wrote in message news:4207e476_2@127.0.0.1...
> > Hi. Noob here with what *has* to be the most asked qeustion -
> >
> > My brother gave me his game disks. He played D2 a couple years
> > ago, and took it off his hard drive last year. He gave me his
> > old computer, and a CD wallet of software including the D2 disks.
> > He has a new PC and is spending all his time on WOW.
> >
> > When I went to install D2 I had no CD Key. My bro didn't give
> > the me jewel cases with the disks so I guess I'm boned. So
> > here's the question: Where can I get a CD Key? I don't care
> > about going online - I just want to install and play
> > single-player.
> >
> > Advice? <cringes>
>
> Dont know if this work, but try:
[snipped two keys]

Unless these were your own keys, don't you think the owner might be
just a bit unhappy about them being published? And if you now say you
made them up with a key generator, well... those as well can generate
a key that does exist and is used, thus excluding the legitimate owner
of those keys from Bnet play until he replaces them.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html

Sorry, i just wrote; diablo and serial on google.
Everyboody in the world can get the CD key´s.
But u are right, i would be disapointed, if my own key suddenly was all over
the world.
I didn´t know, that the key generators could make keys, from originals.
Sorry