flanker

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I have 3d blaster voodoo2 ,amd k6-2 450 mhz 320 mb ram, ATI Rage Pro 8Mb ,win 98 .
I have instaled drivers for this accelerator and there was no problem.
But when I click right button on desktop and change to menu settings there is only my primary display. Also in right click on "My computer" and in section multimedia - there is 3D blaster and message that nothing troble.
When I play some games (3d games) I thing accelerator is not functional, when I go to options in game menu there I can deside vhich display I want use - primary driver,some 3dfx atc. so I think I can use my 2d card or 3d accelerator but NEVER BOTH TOGETHER.
I download and try many drivers for this accelerator and there was same result ..
Yesterday I try game Flanker-27 - simulator of this super aeroplane and the problem was here again BUT I found some error.log in folder of this game, here is spmething from it:

"Create Primary Display Driver.
Select 16-ZBuffer depth
BackBuffer DDSCAPS_SYSTEMMEMORY
Create D3D device failed: One or more of the caps bits passed to the callback are incorrect.
Primary Display Driver filed.
Create Voodoo2 DirectX 7 Driver : 3dfxV2
Restart DirectDraw
Initialize Raster
Create Voodoo2 DirectX 7 Driver : 3dfxV2
BackBuffer DDSCAPS_VIDEOMEMORY
Create 3DHAL Device
..."

So I said I thing that accelerator is runing and 2d card is runing but both not ..
Have you some idea where is problem ..
I have been very thanksfull ..
SORY I AM ONLY BEGINER IN ENGLISH ;-)
Thanks

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Voodoo 2 drivers are some of the worst, most horrible drivers ever. I had many of the same problems you describe. One time it was so bad I had to completely reinstall Windows 98, but in the end it worked, at least.

Unless you know exactly what files to delete or change, I would just uninstall all your voodoo 2 drivers, then reboot your computer, then install the newest ones. If this fails then you must do a reinstall of Windows.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

flanker

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Thanks for answer .. ;-)
I have 2 hardisk, I try make some new instalation of WIN98 on second (formatted) harddisk .., I use new drivers of 3dfx ..
There was same problem ;-(((

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Did you try the old drivers? Sometimes old is better than new.

If none of it works it may be a hardware conflict. K6-2 isn't exactly king of the compatibility hill.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

Samoyed

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2002
Take the VooDoo 2 and throw it out the window as far as you can along with the Rage card. They might have been decent cards back in 1998 but by today's standards they are worthless. For less than 50 bucks you can buy a GF2 GTS at pricewatch.

I feel so sorry for you I am tempted to send you my old SiS motherboard with its Cyrix 233 CPU and an AT case which are worth about that same as your video cards.

Simon5

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2002
Don't forget that your VooDoo2 do the 3D and let the 2D to your ATi automaticly. You must play games at 16 bits because your VooDoo2 can't go at 32 bits. If you play at 32 bits, your ATi card will take the relay.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most of the problems with compatability on K6-2 systems were caused by the VIA MVP3 chipset. I've never had a problem with compatability on the Intel TX chipset.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

flanker

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
There is also something other interesting think ..
When I run game under the voodoo and switch off thru pass cable the game is still running , but when I jump to win the monitor start runing in stand by mode ..
Sorry my english ..

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
Sell both cards and buy something newer. Even GeForce MX400 (for less than $40) will be A LOT faster!

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

flanker

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
TO sirdiesel:

Do you think really ????? ;-)))
Do you know where I am from ? ;-)
So if you want help me please mail me to:
flanker_@pobox.sk and I send you my adress atc ..
(you dont have email in your profile ..)
If this is joke it doesn't matter ..
But I am thanks for help from ALL of you ..
sorry my english