Some real R9700 release-dates

Ghostdog

Distinguished
May 28, 2002
When will ATI allow the Raddeon 9700 benchmarks to be released? Yes I know, about 30-40% faster then the GF4 Ti4600 (Anandtech), but I want to see some FPS-numbers. God dammit!

And when will the 9700 hit the stores? Can´t wait to get my hands on one!

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Only thing we know: at the ATi showoff of the R9700 their slide projector said "available 30 days from now!" Since that was July 17 we can expect it around August 16-18.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
cheers for that info, i was just about to ask about 9700 release dates myself, heh.

my GF2 is doomed, the 9700 will be bought.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mol_gen" target="_new"><font color=red>My Computer</font color=red></A>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Only thing we know: at the ATi showoff of the R9700 their slide projector said "available 30 days from now!" Since that was July 17 we can expect it around August 16-18

This is a question of core speed

The day i meet a goth queen that tell me Intel suck.I turn in a lemming to fill is need in hardware.

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
From HardOCP

ATI 9700 with 128 MB RAM
BB SKU: 4743228
$399 retail price
It will be in stock on the 15th of September

Sorry boys who were hoping for them in two weeks. They will be on pre-release sale though, but won't ship until the Sept. release date.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Posted by Kyle 11:16 AM (CDT)

9700 Ship Date:
Just a heads up direct from ATi as of this morning. For those of you that got sweaty palms from the EBGames pre-buy ship date being so "late", here is ATi's position on getting product out to them as well as all others.

Yes, we are still on track for shipping on time. Keep in mind that although we can control when the products ship from our warehouse, they still need to get on the shelves.

Of course once they are shipped out, ATi has little control over the time line and therefore are not in a position to give a date for when they would go on sale. With a store chain as large at Best Buy, it could easily take over a week to coordinate a roll out of a new product that is likely to be in high demand.
Seems like a far cry from flat out saying it's going to be September 15th.

9700 Pre-Buy:
If you are an EBGames fan, you can head over and go ahead and put your cash down on the Radeon 9700. They are quoting a ship date of September 19, 2002. This seems to be a bit late as ATi has stressed on several occasions that they would meet their committed mid-August ship date, meaning that we should be able to purchase a 9700 from a retail outlet somewhere around late August or early September in my estimation. Anyway, we will ask again today if all is on track.
Again, this doesn't appear to be saying it won't be available until September 15.

And I'll repeat what I said in another post. Click on the "REAL VIDEO DSL" link right below the words "Rick Bergman introduces realtime rendering of complex 3D scenes on both workstation and consumer graphics boards." on this page: <A HREF="http://www.patmeier.com/pieros/siggraph/Siggraph02.htm" target="_new">http://www.patmeier.com/pieros/siggraph/Siggraph02.htm</A>

Another update:

*ATI 9700 with 128 MB RAM
*BB SKU: 4743228
*$399 retail price
*BB gets it from manufacturer for $311
*They are going to have them for pre-sale 8/5 till 8/24.
*It will be in stock on the 15th of September and this info was last updated on the 30th of July.

Conflicting messages here. Bergman says it'll be in best buy approximately 2 weeks from now. Best Buy says it'll be more than a month. HardOCP says it may take Best Buy a week to get it set up. Online vendors probably will get the cards last.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cakecake on 08/05/02 08:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>