Great....ATI 9700 Delayed until some time in Sept

justgotwicked

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002
I just called one of the companies offering the 9700 through pricewatch. He told me they were expecting the 9700 next week, but the card is having some major issues. Release is delayed until sep at earliest. He said it "may or may not" include support for dircectx9. Uh Oh, looks like that smoke screen is starting to clear. Can't wait to see REAL specs on this card.

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
the problem with those mag's is they are 2~3 months behind by the time they get to your doorstep. The truth is you can trust none of them ;) Many companies tend to be off on their shipping dates, and you really don't know untill your walking home with one in your hand.

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I just called one of the companies offering the 9700 through pricewatch. He told me they were expecting the 9700 next week, but the card is having some major issues. Release is delayed until sep at earliest. He said it "may or may not" include support for dircectx9. Uh Oh, looks like that smoke screen is starting to clear. Can't wait to see REAL specs on this card.
Wow! It really looks like that company has no idea what they're talking about! :wink:

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Maybe for that company, but I found that many online vendors don't care about technology, they care about running a business. This means they are generally not really on top of things and often give inaccurate answers. ATi's own tech support has been known to say some pretty strange things. One time ATi tech support said the R9700 wouldn't support DirectX 9.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
I thought the card was going to be released on Aug 18th. If this is true how long will it take for Newegg to get some cards or maybe even stores like Best Buy or Circuit City. If its by September I would be happy with that. Runtime Computer Corp. looks like they have a good reputation and they believe that they will get cards by the end of August.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BigBiggist on 08/03/02 07:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Newegg was the first online vendor I know of to have a Matrox Parhelia in stock.

Earthdog

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
So much for the Geforce 4 killer. :|

Somehow, this doesnt saurpise me. Dont ask me why. I just had a feeling this would happen.

If its not broke dont fix it.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
So much for the Geforce 4 killer. :|

Somehow, this doesnt saurpise me. Dont ask me why. I just had a feeling this would happen.
LOL! Nothing is happening. The R9700 will not be delayed and they're not taking anything out of it. In fact, the final R9700 will be a bit faster than the beta we saw in previews. Trust me! :wink:

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Yep, not until September. Best buy is gonna pre-release sell them online, but they will not ship and be on store shelves until Sept. 15th!

From HardOCP:

"ATI 9700 with 128 MB RAM
BB SKU: 4743228
$399 retail price
It will be in stock on the 15th of September"

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
LOL! Nothing is happening. The R9700 will not be delayed and they're not taking anything out of it. In fact, the final R9700 will be a bit faster than the beta we saw in previews. Trust me!
Why should we trust you, AMD_Man? You switched to Intel and you still call yourself "AMD_Man".

(Take it easy. I'm just ribbing you :smile: ).

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
AMD_MAN do you work for ATI, do you have underground knowledge? I think you know just as much as we do...

the worst failure is not trying........so go ahead and TRY to overclock your cpu to 5ghz

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I dunno, but he does have this ATIMAX thing?? I think he contacted ATi about that too... seems pretty promising.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, I don't work for ATI but I do casually e-mail them and get replies. All I know is that the R9700 isn't delayed. Stores will have access to it by ~August 15. Not will actually start selling it by then however.

BTW, you can always e-mail or call ATI about this stuff and they'll probably reply to you within a day or two. Then you'll have your "insider info".

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
For a release date straight from Rick Bergman himself, please scroll down to the the section that says "Rick Bergman introduces realtime rendering of complex 3D scenes on both workstation and consumer graphics boards." and click on the link "REAL VIDEO DSL" on this web page:

<A HREF="http://www.patmeier.com/pieros/siggraph/Siggraph02.htm" target="_new">http://www.patmeier.com/pieros/siggraph/Siggraph02.htm</A>

justgotwicked

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002
Last night, my brother gave me a call and told me that he talked to our cousin's husband who works at ati. He gave me his phone number. I called him last night to get some info on the upcoming release of the 9700. The info I rcv'd is that the release is still set for 8-17. He wrote the drivers for the 9700. He was telling me that the drivers work great, and there are no problems at all with the card. I downloaded some demos of the 9700. OH MY GOD. Amazing. I cannot wait for release.

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
He was right then, the other guy. September 15 seems about right for many vendors but for quicker vendors who don't need to worry about excessive marketing and product planning I hope they will have them in stock by the end of August at least.

ecar016

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
ATI will begin shipping the RADEON 9700 PRO board to retail customers and distributors beginning August 19, where it will join the recently introduced RADEON 9000 PRO, and ATI's other strong retail products in stores and online. RADEON 9700 PRO boards will be available from ATI's board partners later this month.

this is just an exerpt from the business news in yahoo. I'ts available to everyone....seems like everyone has a brother of a cousin who works at ATI.

please

<font color=red> Quantum Computers! - very interesting </font color=red>

Smokey

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2002
INSIDE INFORMATION: I could get killed for spilling this, but its the right thing to do. My half-cousin's girlfriend's pimp's parole officer heard that Nvidia was hiring teamsters to sabotage truck shipments, delaying the release. It's just not safe out there anymore...

<font color=purple>Pentiums are for wusses who are afraid of instability</font color=purple>

justgotwicked

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002
Ummmmmm, I did not say it was exclusive to me...I said he emailed me with a link to the yahoo page. Get a grip. I was trying to give useful info that my cousin's husband provided. I can't help it that you are anti-social, and sit in front of your computer waiting to harass people people who try to post useful info. Get out of your moms basement and take off that star trek shirt that doesn't fit, and get out and make friends.

ecar016

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2002
You've got to be kidding me......YES!!! my source just sent me the latest news YES!!!! you initiate listings with juvenile comments then comment hastely about living with my parents and being a trekie. If you are indeed as sofisticated or mature as u believe then comments are not required (unless u can substanciate them).

I say again, please...

ATI does have a superior product that will be out in a couple of weeks. Sit tight. I dont need an insider to tell me that.

<font color=red> Quantum Computers! - very interesting </font color=red>

justgotwicked

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2002
I am not going to waste my time battling some idiot who needs to make himself feel good by attacking others. This webpage has useful info. There are alot of really nice people who are willing to help out others on the message boards. I was trying to relay info. for others who were excited about the 9700. I have no need to prove that I know somebody inside ATI. The reality is...It doesn't matter!!! Who cares. I will not waste anymore space ranting. People like YOU, just look for a response. You need that power. Guess what? You just lost your power. I will no longer respond to you. Anyone have any new info about 9700?

TRENDING THREADS