Woohoo my first Guardian

Yeah!
Started Hardcore about christmas and now my skellimancer got his
guardian title!
I played completly untwinked, but had very much luck as i found a shako
in Hell Act2 and a Trang-Ouls armor in Hell Act2.

My way to Hell Baal only showed little problems, the biggest problem
sounds a bit strange:
Those towers in Act5 (where those imps jump up to and spit inferno on
you) where my greatest problem. All my minions think it is better to
slay the tower (which lasts about 2 minutes) instead of killing the
Spearcats.

Baal could not do anything to me as my Clay Golem and Decrepify kept him
very slow. Although the fight with Baal lasted about half an hour i only
used three mana potions to keep him constanly cursed.

Woohooo! Still can't believe i did it! :)

As i now know my build can kill Hell Baal i should start thinking where
to put the 6 skill points i still have to distribute.
Rise BoneSpirit and hope for Marrowwalks? - Hmm, i only have 84 Str :-(
Rise Mages and hope they don't die any more? - I tink they'll always die :-(
More than one point into clay golem? - Why it never dies and if, i can
cast a new one :-(

Damn, i think those points will still be there when my char dies :-(

Thanks for reading!

Sascha Hoemig

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:42:16 +0100, Sascha Hoemig wrote:

> Yeah!
> Started Hardcore about christmas and now my skellimancer got his guardian
> title!
> I played completly untwinked, but had very much luck as i found a shako in
> Hell Act2 and a Trang-Ouls armor in Hell Act2.
>
> My way to Hell Baal only showed little problems, the biggest problem
> sounds a bit strange:
> Those towers in Act5 (where those imps jump up to and spit inferno on you)
> where my greatest problem. All my minions think it is better to slay the
> tower (which lasts about 2 minutes) instead of killing the Spearcats.
>
> Baal could not do anything to me as my Clay Golem and Decrepify kept him
> very slow. Although the fight with Baal lasted about half an hour i only
> used three mana potions to keep him constanly cursed.
>
> Woohooo! Still can't believe i did it! :)
>
> As i now know my build can kill Hell Baal i should start thinking where to
> put the 6 skill points i still have to distribute. Rise BoneSpirit and
> hope for Marrowwalks? - Hmm, i only have 84 Str :-( Rise Mages and hope
> they don't die any more? - I tink they'll always die :-( More than one
> point into clay golem? - Why it never dies and if, i can cast a new one
> :-(
>
> Damn, i think those points will still be there when my char dies :-(

Congratz

--
Sonni

> Damn, i think those points will still be there when my char dies :-(

If this will happen, zieh dich warm an!
Your character and his merc have a lot of good items. And if they will
disappear, you should think about sleeping on our balcony.

Sascha Hoemig schrieb:
> Yeah!
> Started Hardcore about christmas and now my skellimancer got his
> guardian title!
> I played completly untwinked, but had very much luck as i found a shako
> in Hell Act2 and a Trang-Ouls armor in Hell Act2.

Wow, congrats!

> My way to Hell Baal only showed little problems, the biggest problem
> sounds a bit strange:
> Those towers in Act5 (where those imps jump up to and spit inferno on
> you) where my greatest problem. All my minions think it is better to
> slay the tower (which lasts about 2 minutes) instead of killing the
> Spearcats.
>
> Baal could not do anything to me as my Clay Golem and Decrepify kept him
> very slow. Although the fight with Baal lasted about half an hour i only
> used three mana potions to keep him constanly cursed.

Next time, you should think about giving your Merc an item with Crushing
Blow. Even when playing untwinked, you should have found the runes for
Strength (25% CB).

> Woohooo! Still can't believe i did it! :)
>
> As i now know my build can kill Hell Baal i should start thinking where
> to put the 6 skill points i still have to distribute.
> Rise BoneSpirit and hope for Marrowwalks? - Hmm, i only have 84 Str :-(
> Rise Mages and hope they don't die any more? - I tink they'll always die
> :-(

If they don't die, they will get in the way for you melee minions.

> More than one point into clay golem? - Why it never dies and if, i can
> cast a new one :-(
>
> Damn, i think those points will still be there when my char dies :-(

I vote for Bone Wall (as Bone Armor synergy mainly). First, it will help
you not to die, and second, if you die, you won't have any unused points :).

> Thanks for reading!

Thanks for writing.

---
Hannes

Sascha Hoemig wrote:
> Yeah!
> Started Hardcore about christmas and now my skellimancer got his
> guardian title!

Congratulations! :)

> Those towers in Act5 (where those imps jump up to and spit inferno on

> you) where my greatest problem. All my minions think it is better to
> slay the tower (which lasts about 2 minutes) instead of killing the
> Spearcats.

Ayup, I'm with you here. I hate those damn towers.

> As i now know my build can kill Hell Baal i should start thinking
where
> to put the 6 skill points i still have to distribute.

I would say that it all depends on what you plan on doing with him.
Will he be your chief MF-er? Are you planning on doing Hell Baal runs?
Not knowing how you've spent your points, I definitely recommend either
maxing Dim Vision or getting it to a high level with +skills from your
equipment, if you haven't done so already. Mine's at slvl 26 and
casting DV ahead of me quiets the pesky ranged attackers -
non-boss/champ slingers, archers, gloams - and also blinds Dolls so
that I can position myself far, far away from them when they explode.
Thanks to this, the only time I really need to recast my Bone Armor is
when trapped barrels explode in my face. Otherwise I would say just
assign the points to the place you feel they're needed. My lvl 92
skelliemancer has 11 unassigned skill points and I don't know where to
put them, either.

Congratulations again. It's a very nice feeling getting your first
Guardian, and with your first HC character, too. :)

Jill

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, Sascha Hoemig wrote:

>> As i now know my build can kill Hell Baal i should start thinking where
>> to put the 6 skill points i still have to distribute.

Dim Vision. It shuts down the spear and arrow irritants in Act 5 and
makes the mad-rush-spear-chicks stop like they have no target.

>> Rise Mages and hope they don't die any more? - I tink they'll always die :-(

They always die, and if they don't then they're always in the way.

>> Damn, i think those points will still be there when my char dies :-(

Not a problem. Just don't die.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper