Some simple questions?

After a number of false starts, I am now building an Amazon according
to Ravenforce 3 from http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=561
Can someone answer a few simple questions for me please?
The author of the above document susggests that when allowing stats
you should allow them as follows:
Str: enough to use your gear 80 or so
Dex: as above plus enough for a attack rating boost 60 - 90
Vitality: about 100 -120
Energy:The most important, everything you can spare goes here

The allowance for energy puzzles me. Everywhere I read that this is
not required, and a lot of authors say put nothing in here. Can
anyone clarify for me?

How do I equip my mercenary rogue? Just by dropping articles on her
icon? Is this right? Can she store health items for instance, even
though her health status bar shows full? Can I equip her with spares,
just in case? If I try this, her character stats don't show that she
is equipped with them.
Thanks in advance for any help.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James

Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote in
> After a number of false starts, I am now building an Amazon according
> to Ravenforce 3 from http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=561
> Can someone answer a few simple questions for me please?
> The author of the above document susggests that when allowing stats
> you should allow them as follows:
> Str: enough to use your gear 80 or so
> Dex: as above plus enough for a attack rating boost 60 - 90
> Vitality: about 100 -120
> Energy:The most important, everything you can spare goes here
>
> The allowance for energy puzzles me. Everywhere I read that this is
> not required, and a lot of authors say put nothing in here. Can
> anyone clarify for me?

Normally amazons don't want any energy and instead they have some form of
manasteal in the equipment. Don't know if the idea here is that since this
build is concentrating on skills that don't add the physical damage done by
the weapon, hence they are not adding the manasteal either. (Manasteal is
calculated only from the physical damage done by the weapon).

I don't think I've ever built a character which had anything else than the
base energy, but then again, I play hardcore and prefer to invest in
vitality, instead :)

Hoggie

"Peter James" <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> After a number of false starts, I am now building an Amazon according
> to Ravenforce 3 from http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=561
> Can someone answer a few simple questions for me please?
> The author of the above document susggests that when allowing stats
> you should allow them as follows:
> Str: enough to use your gear 80 or so
> Dex: as above plus enough for a attack rating boost 60 - 90
> Vitality: about 100 -120

well, after reading the vitality suggestion i stopped reading the build
guide.
best is you stay in normal with that build ;)
i even wonder why it's named a mageazon while the skill placement looks more
like bowazon.
dont take me as a bowazon expert though ;)

> Energy:The most important, everything you can spare goes here
>
> The allowance for energy puzzles me. Everywhere I read that this is
> not required, and a lot of authors say put nothing in here. Can
> anyone clarify for me?

amazons definitely need some mana, but even then you dont need to approach
this with putting points into energy.
mana leech and some mana on equipment solve this.
well, and since there is a cheap insight runeword for your merc now, this
guide is history.

> How do I equip my mercenary rogue?

i think "O" is the default button, the merc inventory will open, place your
stuff into it.
potion feeding is done with dropping potions onto the merc icon, or
shift+beltkey.
stefan