Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card installation

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2002 6:21:58 PM

I've got a Hercules 3D prophet III Titanium 200 card and I'm having real problems loading a driver that will work with windows xp professional. Tried the Detonator xp,drivers fron nvidia, drivers from Hercules, even had Hercules send me a step by step guide - still nothing. The driver loads ok but when I try to change the resolution from 600x400 to anything else the screen just goes black and the pc locks up. Any body got any ideas, besides get another card! The cards been tested, and it all works great with Windows ME.
August 3, 2002 6:57:50 PM

Did you uninstall the previous video drivers before installing the new? Is this a new build setup? If so, did you install your M/B drivers? What is your system details, i.e., what OS, M/B, CPU,...ect.

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>
August 6, 2002 4:16:40 AM

As JC14ALL said. Uninstall the old drivers cards. Remove it from Device Manager. Restart. Add New Cards drivers.

If all that fails back your data up and Format. You shouldnt have any problems then

If its not broke dont fix it.
a b U Graphics card
August 6, 2002 6:13:05 AM

Is your AGP driver (the one for the motherboard's AGP slot) loaded properly?

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>
!