Paladin ranger noob questions

Hiya,

I plan to build a Paladin ranger, but as I haven't played a Paladin yet,
there are some questions about the auras and other stuff.

I'm looking at the following skill setup:

Holy Freeze/Holy Schock 20
Resist Cold/Lightning/Fire 15+
Salvation ??
Holy Shield 5+
Vengeance 5+

Primary weapon will be a bow like Witchwild String or so. I guess I only
can use normal attack with a bow, not Vengeance?

On switch, for melee attacks with Vengeance, would be some kind of sword
like Lightsabre or a runeword.

Next question is, when I use HF or HS for my bow attacks, I can't use
Salvation at the same time, right? So resists would drop considerably, if
I don't push them up with charms or rings or such..

OTOH, if I melee attack with Vengeance, I could also use HF/HS to boost
damage? Or other auras like Might or Blessed Aim?

In addition, Holy Shield is cast once and then lasts for a few minutes,
even if I switch to another aura?

Other suggestions?

Thanx,

Oliver

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:10:04 +0100, Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de>
wrote:

>In addition, Holy Shield is cast once and then lasts for a few minutes,
>even if I switch to another aura?

>Oliver

*This* part I can answer, yes, it's a duration spell, the duration of
which goes up with more points.

ald