Video card upgrade

Mutation

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Hey,

I'm a little wary of buying one of the latest video cards, as I do not want to end up spending money, while the performance gain is minimal. I'm concerned my CPU/motherboard can keep up with the monster.

I'm interested in the Sparkle SP7000 GeForce3 Ti200 that is supposed to replace the current Riva TNT2 Ultra card in my P3-800 with CA61 Rev.B+ with VIA 693A/596B (PC-133) motherboard.

Anybody with experience who can enlighten me with the requirements of modern video cards, such as AGP port. (I've heard they're downwards compatible, but will it be stable?) I've searched, but the answers aren't easily found. Thanks alot.

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I believe one *phill21* has the card you're looking at. I'd suggest you PM him about it. He seems to like it though.

Well, they're backwards compatible to AGP2X, so if your mobo can do that, then you should be fine.

<i>Pass mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

Mutation

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Will check my BIOS for AGP 2x settings, because the mobo specs and the internet have so far not been of any help figuring out if my AGP slot can do 2x. Side note: must also read up on AGP.

TRENDING THREADS